With centralized exchanges, there are some biggest risks.
Hacks.
Scam exits.
Bankruptcies.
Among these three biggest risks, I consider scam exit is most dangerous because with this exchange death type, users will surely lose all money. With hacks and bankruptcies, it is case by case, and users will still have chance of getting their fund back, fully or partially.
Yah, exit scams are probably the biggest risk when holding fund on CEX. But with government stepping in heavier and regulation tightening up, I reckon those exit scam will fade out pretty soon.
Just this year alone, 3 exchange have shutdown, 1 got hacked. But most of them gave clear announcement and specific instruction to their users. None of them just pulled the plug and ran off with customer money.
Imagine what happens once full on crypto laws get passed and enforced? Doubt anyone is keen on doing jail time LOL.
After I trade and make a profit, I usually immediately withdraw the money to my personal account, leaving only a small amount for the next trade. So, basically, my capital is safe and I've made a profit too.
It's your good practice even it costs you more in withdrawal fees and on chain transaction fees for deposits to exchange accounts.
That's actually a good habit, but how many traders are really making a profit and discipline to pull their money back to their wallet after every win? Kinda doubtful, ngl.