Bitcoin Forum
September 29, 2026, 07:07:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 31.1 [Torrent]
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Customized export options  (Read 71 times)
takuma sato (OP)
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 893
Merit: 812


View Profile
September 28, 2026, 10:56:34 PM
 #1

Bitcoin Core has a simple export option that gets you the complete track record of any movements, with "Sent to" and "Received with" as "Type". I reckon it would be interesting to be able to get some options such as, get a list of all unspent UTXOs, along with labels, and any other context. Or filter out any addresses that begin with 1. Or get a list of addresses with funds above 0.1 BTC, and so on. Is this possible? I guess with RPC and some clever commands involving "listunspent" and scripting with json files you could get it done, but it would be good to get a context GUI menu with filters, so you could get an exported file with exactly what you need, because right now like I said you just get a regular bank-statements type of track record file, but you may need to get some data out of it beyond that.

▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
██████████▀▄▄▄▀██████████
█████████░█████░█████████
████████▀▀░▄▄▄░▀█████████
███████░░░█████░░░███████
██████░░░▐█████▌░░░██████
██████░░░▐█████▌░░░██████
██████░░░▐█████▌░░░██████
███████░░░█████░░░███████
████████▄▄░▀▀▀░▄█████████
█████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
 
 Lock.com 
█▀▀
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█▄▄
▀▀█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
▄▄█
█▀▀
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█▄▄
▀▀█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
▄▄█
 
  Open − code isolated Crypto Wallet     Sign Up    
hmbdofficial
Full Member
***
Online Online

Activity: 322
Merit: 136



View Profile
Today at 05:12:58 AM
 #2

After studying this I think it would be useful improvement. Though  bitcoin core already has most of this information through RPC command like listunspent, so the data is much available. But rhe problem is that users need to use RPC or write a script to get and filter it.

Having this filter directly in the GUI would have made things much easier.  For example, user could choose to show only unspent UTXOs, addresses with more than 0.1BTC, specific address type, or address with certain labels and then go ahead to export the result. This would have been a useful wallet management feature without requiring any changes to bitcoin consensus rules.

nc50lc
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 3276
Merit: 9197


Self-proclaimed Genius


View Profile
Today at 06:16:05 AM
Merited by ABCbits (2)
 #3

Is this possible? I guess with RPC and some clever commands involving "listunspent" and scripting with json files you could get it done
Yeah, only through scripting, but listtransactions "*" 999999 is more suitable instead of listunspent.

If it's just the unspent outputs similar to listunspent's result:
You can utilize Core's "Coin Control" GUI element for the sorting and grouping.
Just enable "Settings->Options->Wallet->Enable Coin Control Features" and an Inputs button will show in the "Send" tab.
From there, you can see amounts, labels, dates, etc. and you can click each category to sort them out.
There's also "Tree Mode" to group them by address.

But for all transaction history's details, there's currently no workaround in the GUI.

NotATether
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 2464
Merit: 10350


┻┻ ︵㇏(°□°㇏)


View Profile WWW
Today at 12:34:29 PM
 #4

But for all transaction history's details, there's currently no workaround in the GUI.

Well technically, there is, but it involves using the Console inside Bitcoin Core's GUI.  Wink

▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄███████▀▀██████▀▀███████▄
█████▀██████████████▀█████
████████▄▄██████▄▄████▀███

██████████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████▄▄██████
██▀▀██████████████████▄▄██
██████▀▀██████████████▀▀██
██████████████████████████
███▄████▀▀██████▀▀████████
█████▄██████████████▄█████
▀███████▄▄██████▄▄███████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
 
 DΞX.fo 
▄▄██████
█████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
█████████
▀▀██████

▄███████
▄██████████
████████████
█████████████
█████████████
|
▄▄█
▄████▀
▄███▀█▄
▄██▀█▄██
█████▀▀█
████████
████████
▀██▄████
▄████▄▄█
▄█████▀███
▄█████▀████▀
█████▀███████
▀██▀█████████
|..BTC......XMR...
..USDT.....LTC...
....Fees  0.8%.....
takuma sato (OP)
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 893
Merit: 812


View Profile
Today at 03:13:12 PM
 #5

Is this possible? I guess with RPC and some clever commands involving "listunspent" and scripting with json files you could get it done
Yeah, only through scripting, but listtransactions "*" 999999 is more suitable instead of listunspent.

If it's just the unspent outputs similar to listunspent's result:
You can utilize Core's "Coin Control" GUI element for the sorting and grouping.
Just enable "Settings->Options->Wallet->Enable Coin Control Features" and an Inputs button will show in the "Send" tab.
From there, you can see amounts, labels, dates, etc. and you can click each category to sort them out.
There's also "Tree Mode" to group them by address.

But for all transaction history's details, there's currently no workaround in the GUI.

Yeah I know about Coin Control, it's great and I've been using it for years. What I need is to generate a csv file with a list of addresses with current balances, not having a bunch of transactions there, and so far I have only seen a way to export the regular csv that gives you the complete transaction history. So I have been looking at this file and see if I could manually work the data within Excel. However, I am interested in exporting what I want directly from the source, instead of having to use Excel features. I would like to generate a list of all and any addresses that contain funds, instead of having the same address showing up multiple times with each transation, just show each address with the current funds. Would this be possible somehow? It would be useful for some contexts, and im not seeing a clear way to export this information.

listtransaction isn't going to do this the way im reading the manual. The numbers just limit the amount of transactions within a range. I don't think listunspent also does this.

https://developer.bitcoin.org/reference/rpc/listtransactions.html
https://developer.bitcoin.org/reference/rpc/listunspent.html

To be clear, let us imagine you have a wallet with:


(Address1) = 0.2 BTC
(Address2) = 0.1 BTC
(Address3) = 0.5 BTC
(Address4) = 0.3 BTC
(Address5) = 0.5 BTC

And your transaction list contains a bunch of different payments for each address. Sometimes you have some transactions where you sent funds elsewhere. So if you export the csv, you will get a bunch of different transactions, not the clean list of the 5 addresses with the final, current funds for each. Some may have a bunch of different transactions going into Address1 to 5, and some going out in between.

If you have thousands of smaller transactions, it's really difficult trying to get a clean list of your addresses that actually contain funds. I've tried manually doing it in Excel by getting the entire list of addresses, removing any duplicates, removing any "Sent to" transactions, and then looking up each address in an explorer and copying the current amount for each. Somehow the sum does not match the current funds seen on the wallet, so I don't get it. If I sum all the transactions on the export csv file by Bitcoin Core, it matches the funds shown in the client, so im doing something wrong I guess. This all would be solved if we had more options when exporting data from within Bitcoin Core instead of having to play around with Excel which leads to mistakes.

▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
██████████▀▄▄▄▀██████████
█████████░█████░█████████
████████▀▀░▄▄▄░▀█████████
███████░░░█████░░░███████
██████░░░▐█████▌░░░██████
██████░░░▐█████▌░░░██████
██████░░░▐█████▌░░░██████
███████░░░█████░░░███████
████████▄▄░▀▀▀░▄█████████
█████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
 
 Lock.com 
█▀▀
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█▄▄
▀▀█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
▄▄█
█▀▀
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█▄▄
▀▀█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
▄▄█
 
  Open − code isolated Crypto Wallet     Sign Up    
Pages: [1]
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!