Bitcoin Forum
September 30, 2026, 01:42:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 31.1 [Torrent]
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Since when does the Serious discussion board become spam?  (Read 248 times)
notocactus (OP)
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 3136
Merit: 5217


A swap that needs a hand? zeto.cash@proton.me


View Profile
September 29, 2026, 01:14:51 AM
Last edit: September 29, 2026, 01:30:55 AM by notocactus
Merited by vapourminer (1), Mia Chloe (1)
 #1

I received one merit for this post of mine but spamming issue in Serious discussion board is what I saw and felt since recent years.

Changing their posting habits by improving their posts quality is a thing and prioritising other section is something that the forum should not be proud of. Yes some  people are forced to leave the gambling section to avoid the famous text. That's not normal..
It's not normal and it does not show any quality improvement.

Post quality belongs to posts and reasons of posting. It's like posting is a very last step to do, otherwise let's focus on reading and absorbing information, if nothing helpful to post, don't post.

By moving to other boards, shitposters made these boards worse.

I know that in Serious discussion board, signatures are all disabled visually but avatars shown.

Even signatures are not shown there, does it mean spams allowed?
Let's see the description for this board.
"More serious discussion. No advertising of any kind. No junk posts."
It means spams are not allowed but let's read topics and posts.

Health is wealth.
How religion became a thing for the poor.
Consistency is the Key of every success door.
All being hopeless.

I only quote very first topics shown on top of Serious discussion board but if you look to more other threads, they are mostly spam.

Is Serious discussion board becomes a spam board and no moderation like in bounties board?
What are purposes of spammers to post there?
  • Diversifying boards and topics in which they post, just to avoid signature ban?
  • Increasing account activity point?
  • Trying to fish merit if possible?
  • Cheating campaign managers if they don't notice carefully when counting posts in campaigns for payment?
  • Others?

Spam spreads around from bounties, normal boards to technical boards, and recent years to Serious discussion board.
Account which spread false/fake/unhelpful information on technical board.

Upgrade00
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 2884
Merit: 2972


Community Manager - Brand Promotions ✅


View Profile WWW
September 29, 2026, 04:57:30 AM
 #2

  • Diversifying boards and topics in which they post, just to avoid signature ban?
  • Increasing account activity point?
  • Trying to fish merit if possible?
• Signature ban is still recent, only one of those topics you highlighted was made within the last month, the rest predates the signature ban event and the more you drop in the board you get much older threads. There are a few recent replies but that has happened at different times with the board. Activity is generally very low, so such replies are easy to notice

• It does not help for post count and only contributes to activity periods. There are much better boards to do that on if it is the aim.

• Merit fishing is a possibility but there is so very little activity there that chances are very low.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████▄████▄████████
███▀█████▀█▄███▄█▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀█▄██▀▀▀██▄█▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████████████████████████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄█▀██▄▄▄██▀█▄██▄████
████▄████▄█▀███▀█▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀███▀███▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
███████████████████████████
.
.Duelbits..REWARDING, BEYOND LIMITS...
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
███████████▀▀░░▀█▄░░▀████
████████▀░░░░░░░░▀█▄░████
███████░░░░▄▄░░▄░░░▀█████
██████░░░░░▀▀▄██▀░░░░████
█████░░░██░▄██▀▄▄░░░█████
████░░░░░▄██▀░░▀▀░░██████
█████▄░░▀█▀░██░░░░███████
████░▀█▄░░░░░░░░▄████████
████▄░░▀█▄░░▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀░░▀░███████████
████████░░░▄░█░██████████
███████████▌▐██░█████████
███████████░███▌▐████████
██████████░█████░████████
██████▀░▄░▀███▀░▄░▀██████
█████░▄▀░░░░█░▄▀░░░░█████
█████░░░░░░░█░░░░░░░█████
██████▄░░░▄███▄░░░▄██████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█

█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█

  PLAY NOW  
ryzaadit
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 3332
Merit: 1545



View Profile WWW
September 29, 2026, 06:38:23 AM
 #3

Even signatures are not shown there, does it mean spams allowed?
Nope, and on every board, spam is not allowed either.

I only quote very first topics shown on top of Serious discussion board but if you look to more other threads, they are mostly spam.
Is Serious discussion board becomes a spam board and no moderation like in bounties board?
Have you ever tried to "Report to Moderator" ? What's the result ? I think boards like these are mostly faster to be taken care, just see the rules (mentioned a broken english on the rules of those boards). As long as the report explanations are very straight to the point. Perhaps Report: [Serious Discussion] straight-to-the-point reason of your report. Feels too tested.

Diversifying boards and topics in which they post, just to avoid signature ban?
Increasing account activity point?
Trying to fish merit if possible?
Diversifying the posts on every board is not gonna save them either. Nutildah is using a few points, not just their history post before sending the ban. The only things they're gaining on those boards are "potential-activity period". They could try to fish some merit too, but mostly merit sources or other people are really not having so much activity on those boards. Unless there is some discussion, it is quite important for them.

Cheating campaign managers if they don't notice carefully when counting posts in campaigns for payment?
Then, the campaign managers are not doing their jobs correctly.

_act_
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 1750
Merit: 2003



View Profile
September 29, 2026, 07:17:23 AM
 #4

Is Serious discussion board becomes a spam board and no moderation like in bounties board?
What are purposes of spammers to post there?
  • Diversifying boards and topics in which they post, just to avoid signature ban?
  • Increasing account activity point?
  • Trying to fish merit if possible?
  • Cheating campaign managers if they don't notice carefully when counting posts in campaigns for payment?
  • Others?
I do not think some users are posting on the boards mentioned because of signature ban, but maybe it is.

Posts on serious discussions will not increase the activities, or are the posts there counting? I thought they are not counting under posts and activities.

What I think is that some people can post there to get merit if they noticed merit is there.

I have noticed that signature campaign managers on this forum know how to do the post counting perfectly, so I do not think that is also the reason. The most reason I see to it is merit.

But I saw posts on the boards before to be like the links that you posted while few among them have good quality, but not all.

The Cryptovator
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 3024
Merit: 2621


Protect your privacy 🔏 it's very important


View Profile WWW
September 29, 2026, 08:29:35 AM
 #5

Spammers will spam everywhere; they don't need a reason to spam. If they understood the reason, then they would never exist as spammers. They just want to write something; it doesn’t matter which board. Even as few spammers don't have a goal to post. I know you may not believe me, but that’s true.

If someone needs merit, activities or post count, then they could do that anywhere. Doesn’t necessary they have to choose a serious discussion board.

Ambatman
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1453


Don't tell anyone


View Profile WWW
September 29, 2026, 05:47:40 PM
 #6

Wait so you mean serious discussion was never for such post
That's surprising because from what I have noticed since I got curious about it
It's usually post that would normally fall on off topic.
My first opinion before I checked it out was for people to discuss without any promotional activities
Just pure quality discussion
But reality was different and if I'm not mistaken CMs don't usually pay from post from that section
So I doubt people would do to meet post quota.

MarryWithBTC
Full Member
***
Offline

Activity: 378
Merit: 222


Can you pay a bride price with bitcoin?


View Profile WWW
September 29, 2026, 10:12:47 PM
 #7

The first time I visited that board, I was thinking I would see topics like;

WW3, when and how?

If FBI takes down Bitcointalk, what will be our next move?

Apart from theymos, who else has access to bitcointalk database;

etc.

These are the kinds of topics I would consider serious, but the topics I see there are similar to the ones in offtopic and PS board. I think that board has been like that for a while.

Vod
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 4536
Merit: 3714


Licking my boob since 1970


View Profile WWW
Today at 06:41:04 AM
 #8

Is Serious discussion board becomes a spam board and no moderation like in bounties board?

I would suspect such little gets posted there that the moderators forget to check it until someone reports.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████▄████▄████████
███▀█████▀█▄███▄█▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀█▄██▀▀▀██▄█▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████████████████████████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄█▀██▄▄▄██▀█▄██▄████
████▄████▄█▀███▀█▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀███▀███▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
███████████████████████████
.
.Duelbits PREDICT..
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
███████████▀▀░░░░▀▀██████
██████████░░▄████▄░░█████
█████████░░████████░░████
█████████░░████████░░████
█████████▄░▀██████▀░▄████
████████▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀░░▄█████
██████▀░░░░██▄▄▄▄████████
████▀░░░░▄███████████████
█████▄░▄█████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
.
.WHERE EVERYTHING IS A MARKET..
█████
██
██







██
██
██████
Will Bitcoin hit $200,000
before January 1st 2027?

    No @1.15         Yes @6.00    
█████
██
██







██
██
██████

  CHECK MORE > 
Upgrade00
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 2884
Merit: 2972


Community Manager - Brand Promotions ✅


View Profile WWW
Today at 09:49:06 AM
 #9

The first time I visited that board, I was thinking I would see topics like;

WW3, when and how?

If FBI takes down Bitcointalk, what will be our next move?

Apart from theymos, who else has access to bitcointalk database;
First one will fit well into P/S.
Could loosely got into beginners or meta
A definite meta topic.

I think the serious discussion board is suffering from the efficiency of the forum's board caregorization. We have about 19 boards and 36 child boards, this covers. Every topic serious enough to be considered to go there already has a more fitting board it can go into. This leaves off topic conversations that one is passionate about and would not want to be spammed

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████▄████▄████████
███▀█████▀█▄███▄█▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀█▄██▀▀▀██▄█▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████████████████████████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄█▀██▄▄▄██▀█▄██▄████
████▄████▄█▀███▀█▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀███▀███▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
███████████████████████████
.
.Duelbits..REWARDING, BEYOND LIMITS...
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
███████████▀▀░░▀█▄░░▀████
████████▀░░░░░░░░▀█▄░████
███████░░░░▄▄░░▄░░░▀█████
██████░░░░░▀▀▄██▀░░░░████
█████░░░██░▄██▀▄▄░░░█████
████░░░░░▄██▀░░▀▀░░██████
█████▄░░▀█▀░██░░░░███████
████░▀█▄░░░░░░░░▄████████
████▄░░▀█▄░░▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀░░▀░███████████
████████░░░▄░█░██████████
███████████▌▐██░█████████
███████████░███▌▐████████
██████████░█████░████████
██████▀░▄░▀███▀░▄░▀██████
█████░▄▀░░░░█░▄▀░░░░█████
█████░░░░░░░█░░░░░░░█████
██████▄░░░▄███▄░░░▄██████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█

█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█

  PLAY NOW  
Majestic-milf
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 1666
Merit: 765



View Profile
Today at 10:56:11 AM
 #10

Spammers will spam everywhere; they don't need a reason to spam. If they understood the reason, then they would never exist as spammers. They just want to write something; it doesn’t matter which board. Even as few spammers don't have a goal to post. I know you may not believe me, but that’s true.

If someone needs merit, activities or post count, then they could do that anywhere. Doesn’t necessary they have to choose a serious discussion board.
I agree with this. Spammers do what they do because they can do it. Some aren't aware they are spamming because they feel they are contributing but the ones who are aware just do it so they can get a reaction. The Serious discussion board is a place people just go to when they want to vent and not expect much replies(my opinion) or like a diary where you talk out loud so it's not a surprise it's not paid too much attention.


░░░░██████████████░░░░░▄▄███████████░░░░░░▄████████████░█████░░░▄███████▀
░░░░█████████████░░░░▄██████████████░░░░▄██████████████░█████░▄███████▀
░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████░░▄██████▀▀▀▀▀█████░░▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░████████████▀
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░█████▀░░░░░░█████░██████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████▀
▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄███████░░█████████████████░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████▄
█████▄▄▄███████▀
░░░█████████████████░█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░████████████▄
█████████████▀
░░░░░████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████░██████████████████░█████░▀███████▄
██████████▀▀
░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░░█████░██████████████████░█████░░░▀███████▄
.com
.
...🎰 100 FreeSpins | No Wager ... Instant Rakeback + VIP Transfer ... ⚽ Sport's Welcome Pack | Risk-Free ....PLAY NOW..
[/center]
lovesmayfamilis
Legendary
*
Online Online

Activity: 2954
Merit: 5882


🧿🌿🕊️


View Profile
Today at 12:26:30 PM
 #11

Some of the topics that are currently active in that section were originally located in other sections, such as the bitcoin discussion or the beginner section. I have repeatedly complained about them as topics that do not bring any value, but they were not deleted, because by the time the moderator reported, there were already several responses. They were not even moved to the off-topic section, but simply sent to this section.
In addition, watch how actively "newbies" appear there, discussing anything but topics about bitcoin. Why is that? because beginners do not have sufficient knowledge, and discussing general topics is much easier, such as the injustice of the governments of a particular country. Beginners who pretend to be like that have found a good loophole, discuss nonsense there, while getting active, and then move on to topics where they discuss regular buying and investing, since everything has been repeated millions of times in those topics, and it doesn't take a genius to just repeat the same thing.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!