Yup.. that’s why I said no attaching to X period.. so far there’s no urgency need to update just to neutralize any possible threat.
Doesn’t matter how long but they shouldn’t be too behind before updating, if they stay too existing threat can also catch up.. each side may have their it own disadvantage.
Depends on the context even if I do agree. Sometimes the future bugs we battle with come from the user experience
or UX for short we try to improve so most of the time these bugs are not really backwards compatible.
Literally what I'm trying to say is as time passes we add extra features and that is where the bigs usually come from which means an absence of that update also means the bug will be absent too..
not for basically all bugs but for most of them so having an old one is kinda less harmful.