Bitcoin Forum
October 02, 2026, 11:38:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 31.1 [Torrent]
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Additional ideas to tackle spam on BTT  (Read 1212 times)
Justbillywitt
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 1106
Merit: 651

Contact Hhampuz for effective campaign management.


View Profile
October 01, 2026, 12:02:40 PM
 #41

I don’t think this should be the only child board that should be created within Gambling, a child board for only sports discussions should also be created, if you check the gambling board some discussion are about sports discussions and not actually gambling discussion.

But you can’t separate sports from gambling. Sports are integral part of gambling. Gambling is just like an umbrella name that covers the financial activities that fans of such sports engage in. Sports and other casino games makes up gambling. You cant point at one game and say this one is what is referred to as gambling. Gambling is a name that captures that activities that gamblers do. Whatever activity you do that involves you betting money for a particular outcome, is regarded as gambling. Since there are gamblers that stake their money in these other sports you are talking about, they are free to discuss them freely in the gambling section, along side with other casino games that you might be referring to as the actual gambling.
joker_josue
Legendary
*
Online Online

Activity: 2534
Merit: 7536


**In BTC since 2013**


View Profile WWW
October 01, 2026, 03:28:42 PM
 #42

I don't want sigban power, all I'm asking for is a Nuke button. It's so demotivating when a shitposting Newbie with dozens of deleted posts still gets to continue.

The point is that it would be easier for many to use this type of button in all the posts of some user they don't like.

Unless we also each have a stock of use.
Even so, I see this being used more badly than good.

▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
██████████▀▄▄▄▀██████████
█████████░█████░█████████
████████▀▀░▄▄▄░▀█████████
███████░░░█████░░░███████
██████░░░▐█████▌░░░██████
██████░░░▐█████▌░░░██████
██████░░░▐█████▌░░░██████
███████░░░█████░░░███████
████████▄▄░▀▀▀░▄█████████
█████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
 
 Lock.com 
█▀▀
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█▄▄
▀▀█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
▄▄█
█▀▀
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█▄▄
▀▀█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
▄▄█
 
  Open − code isolated Crypto Wallet     Sign Up    
dkbit98
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 3108
Merit: 8889



View Profile WWW
October 01, 2026, 09:54:13 PM
 #43

I don't want sigban power, all I'm asking for is a Nuke button. It's so demotivating when a shitposting Newbie with dozens of deleted posts still gets to continue.
I think Nuke can be a bit extreme sometimes, but I would like to have PAUSE power button, to make them stop posting for a while, first 24 hours first, and than more if they continue doing the same shitposting thing.

▄▄██████▄░░░▄██████▄▄
██▀▀░░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░░▀▀██
▄▄██████▄░▄██████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███░░░▄▄░░░█░░░▄▄░░░███▄
▄▄▄███░░░░██░░░░░░░██░░░░███▄▄▄
████████░░░░██░░░░░░░██░░░░████████
██████████░░░▀▀░░░█░░░▀▀░░░██████████
████▀▀██████▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄██████▀▀████
▀███▄░░▀▀███████████████████▀▀░░▄███▀
▀████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░▄▄████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
▀▀█████████████████████▀▀
  
OrangeFren
  
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  
▄▄█████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀████▄
███▀░░░░░░░▀███
███▀░░░▄█░░░░▀███
███░░░░░█░░░░░███
███▄░░░▄█▄░░░▄███
███▄░░░░░░░▄███
▀████▄▄▄████▀
█████████
▐█████████▌
█████░█████
▐████▌░▐████▌
▀▀░▀█░░░█▀░▀▀
 
khatarnak
Member
**
Offline

Activity: 206
Merit: 17

Karma is like 69 : You get what you give


View Profile
Today at 02:17:49 AM
Last edit: Today at 02:40:18 AM by khatarnak
 #44


1. Create a 'Paid pools' child board within Gambling


The paid pool idea doesn't solve the sig spam problem.
People who make money from sigs will happily join paid pools too, especially if they know those threads are less likely to get them sigbanned.
You are just creating a safe zone for the same users.


I don't want sigban power, all I'm asking for is a Nuke button. It's so demotivating when a shitposting Newbie with dozens of deleted posts still gets to continue.

People here generally trust you, but imagine 10 people having the power to nuke accounts.That's way too much power.

We'd have a new board(Maybe meta itself) full of "Why was I nuked?" threads.   Grin


Years ago, reaching Legendary meant people respected your opinion. Today, it mostly means you've been around long enough to comment on everything for a signature campaign.
notocactus
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 3150
Merit: 5220


A swap that needs a hand? zeto.cash@proton.me


View Profile
Today at 02:59:04 AM
 #45

Any solutions used without fixing the merit system will not have long term effects.

Maybe, that should not stop us from looking at the problem from multiple angles. Maybe we shuld not have 1 fix, but 4 running in parallel.
The fact that something does not fix the situation in its entirety does not mean that it's automatically something to be discarded. Baby steps and we maybe get there.
We are different and there are many different reasons for the failure of merit system, then massive spams in the forum, from root causes to supplementary causes. Solutions are different, with solutions focus on root causes will have biggest impacts, while solutions focus on tip of iceberg still have effects but smaller and won't be long-lasting.

I don't want sigban power, all I'm asking for is a Nuke button. It's so demotivating when a shitposting Newbie with dozens of deleted posts still gets to continue.
Nuke is too much, and basically nuke is for newbies as far as I know.

Newbies stop spamming if they feel hopelessly to rank up by spamming.
Members at ranks which are enough to wear signature, avatar and join paid campaigns will have more motivation to spam.

I'd like to have a Demerit button in this forum, Demerit on meritted spam and no- or low-value posts to demote spammers to ranks they deserve to be. Then a next net effects will be (if possible), revoke their smerit sent from ineligible earned merits, then other spammers will be demoted too.

Why not?
Why let spammers ranking up by spamming, we all see they're spammers, then focus on tip of iceberg like a paid pool which is like an official place for spams and get payments.

Demerit will be similar to Signature ban. They are still allowed to post, if they post well, they will rank up again, otherwise they will stuck at newbie, junior member or member ranks a long time like how merit system worked well for this purpose years ago.

Signature ban does not prohibit users to post.
Demerit (if enforced) will not prohibit users to post.

I support this! This would further filter the real gamblers from the pretenders and improve the economy of the gambling board in general.

- Having the paid pool threads pinned could also serve as a temporary solution to push down the spam threads
Then paid pool threads will accept spam posts inside.

Spam posts in other threads are (likely default) considered as spam.
Spam posts in paid pool threads by default will be considered as not spam, I don't say high quality, it is non sense. Just difference between spam and not spam is enough.

libert19
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1192


★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!


View Profile WWW
Today at 05:05:44 AM
 #46

1. Create a 'Paid pools' child board within Gambling
The paid pool idea doesn't solve the sig spam problem.
People who make money from sigs will happily join paid pools too, especially if they know those threads are less likely to get them sigbanned.
You are just creating a safe zone for the same users.

This. Your awareness 'khatarnak' bro. I don't think, solutions which allow others to — 'yeah, I can pretend to do that' — are really solutions. Still might work to an extent though.

Nonetheless, I am still in favour of paid pools section — not for signature spam reduction purposes but because it's a section that's needed. I have been part of few pools in past (most were free though), either they were posted in gambling discussion board where those were hard to find to begin with because of the sheer amount of 'content' poured-out out there regularly; or in games and rounds section where I personally found them not belonging there.

Moreover, some had prediction threads in games and rounds section and discussion threads in gambling discussion board — it just felt like mix of the worse of the aforementioned two.

║
★
║
.
.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]
║
★
║
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀
║
★
║
║
★
║
✔ Rainbot
✔ Daily Quests
✔ Faucet
LoyceV
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 4186
Merit: 22852


Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021


View Profile WWW
Today at 07:09:01 AM
 #47

I don't want sigban power, all I'm asking for is a Nuke button. It's so demotivating when a shitposting Newbie with dozens of deleted posts still gets to continue.
I think Nuke can be a bit extreme sometimes, but I would like to have PAUSE power button, to make them stop posting for a while, first 24 hours first, and than more if they continue doing the same shitposting thing.
Nuke only works on Newbies, and I think most of the Newbies that follow the same pattern are just account farmers. Take Newbie IcaroAugusto for example: 82 posts in a week, 18 deleted posts in Modlog, and still spamming shitposts. If he gets a 24 hour "pause", he'll just continue on another account.

I don't want sigban power, all I'm asking for is a Nuke button. It's so demotivating when a shitposting Newbie with dozens of deleted posts still gets to continue.
Nuke is too much, and basically nuke is for newbies as far as I know.
That's why I want a nuke button: I don't want to nuke Legendary accounts Wink

imagine 10 people having the power to nuke accounts.That's way too much power.
Hello chatbot spammer. Why aren't you banned yet?

¡uʍop ǝpᴉsdn pɐǝɥ ɹnoʎ ɥʇᴉʍ ʎuunɟ ʞool no⅄
[MUSIC] The Ballad of LoyceV
khatarnak
Member
**
Offline

Activity: 206
Merit: 17

Karma is like 69 : You get what you give


View Profile
Today at 08:34:58 AM
 #48


Hello chatbot spammer. Why aren't you banned yet?

It's embarrassing that you were losing left and right to a chatbot in this game  
8 years ago (Everyday for 2 month) and don't even remember it.

Years ago, reaching Legendary meant people respected your opinion. Today, it mostly means you've been around long enough to comment on everything for a signature campaign.
cryptofrka (OP)
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 3136
Merit: 3291



View Profile WWW
Today at 12:17:58 PM
 #49

I feel there's enough support to at least try and officially ask for #1 to be implemented.

theymos - any chance we see this happening?

1. Create a 'Paid pools' child board within Gambling

Paid pools are the fuel of the Gambling boards. They help create a circular economy in which users pay to play, have fun and promote the business through interesting and organic conversations.
Separating these threads from the rest of the gambling boards would bring more visibility to them, be easier to find for potential sponsors, would help streamline conversations and make it easier for managers to check if their signature campaign wearers contribute in these conversations that are organic in nature.
I'd like to make these threads more visible, more relevant and nudge more people towards participating in them.
As a campaign manager looking to hire a member predominantly from the Gambling boards, there is where I'd look for members.
Hopefully, it would give these members a certain level of protections from sigbans - last member I saw getting banned is Strongkored, for a whole year, and from memory he participates in a lot of paid pools.
I'm not saying that paying for a pool should give you full protection, just that paid pools often have what you'd call 'low quality' posts if you look at them from the outside. It's banter, but it's organic and should not be punished. Believe me, these are the posts that are being read more often than a post of better quality in one of the threads opened specifically to fulfill quotas.

How does it tackle spam?
Logic says that people will either join organic conversations or remain in the other parts of the Gambling boards in which their posts carry less weight, are less relevant and will be easier to filter as spam.

Cyrus, hilariousandco - any thoughts from your side?

Free Market Capitalist
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 2254
Merit: 3683



View Profile
Today at 12:46:19 PM
 #50

I feel there's enough support to at least try and officially ask for #1 to be implemented.

theymos - any chance we see this happening?

1. Create a 'Paid pools' child board within Gambling

Paid pools are the fuel of the Gambling boards. They help create a circular economy in which users pay to play, have fun and promote the business through interesting and organic conversations.
Separating these threads from the rest of the gambling boards would bring more visibility to them, be easier to find for potential sponsors, would help streamline conversations and make it easier for managers to check if their signature campaign wearers contribute in these conversations that are organic in nature.
I'd like to make these threads more visible, more relevant and nudge more people towards participating in them.
As a campaign manager looking to hire a member predominantly from the Gambling boards, there is where I'd look for members.
Hopefully, it would give these members a certain level of protections from sigbans - last member I saw getting banned is Strongkored, for a whole year, and from memory he participates in a lot of paid pools.
I'm not saying that paying for a pool should give you full protection, just that paid pools often have what you'd call 'low quality' posts if you look at them from the outside. It's banter, but it's organic and should not be punished. Believe me, these are the posts that are being read more often than a post of better quality in one of the threads opened specifically to fulfill quotas.

How does it tackle spam?
Logic says that people will either join organic conversations or remain in the other parts of the Gambling boards in which their posts carry less weight, are less relevant and will be easier to filter as spam.

Cyrus, hilariousandco - any thoughts from your side?

I know I’m not Theymos, Cyrus, or Hilariousandco, but I’m going to tell you what I think. That distinction you’re making would be acceptable as long as it isn’t automatic: if you participate in paid pool discussions, you’re a good poster; if you don’t participate or participate in the rest of the gambling section, you’re a spamming.

I probably won’t participate much in those. I played poker practically every day for over a decade, and back then, I also occasionally played some casino games. Since I quit poker, my gambling activity has been limited to trying out the new casino when I start a new signature campaign. Also, I think I understand the mathematical and statistical concepts quite a bit better than the average person who posts in that section.

Therefore, speaking for myself, I don’t think I’ll participate in paid pools—except perhaps occasionally—and what I write there is certainly not spam. I don't think I'm the only one in that situation. There are people who can contribute to conversations about gambling without being very active gamblers these days.

katanic97
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 854
Merit: 1415



View Profile WWW
Today at 06:50:13 PM
 #51

~
I think Nuke can be a bit extreme sometimes, but I would like to have PAUSE power button, to make them stop posting for a while, first 24 hours first, and than more if they continue doing the same shitposting thing.
Maybe a PAUSE button would actually be useful. A 24 hour pause from posting would certainly be a good warning, especially for members who are in campaigns, because they wouldn't allow themselves to spam, but it would instead make them realize their mistakes and start writing normally and being useful on the forum

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!