Ok ok... I know that "Crypto is never truly untraceable", but something I've been watching shit like the Malone Lam's case, and I was thinking "What if he used Manero, or a currency that is extremely hard to trace".
You mean to say Monero, not Manero.
Monero on-chain transactions can neither be traced nor tampered. But an exemption is found if the transaction was done through a KYC exchange or due to a mistake in the transaction. In summary, the user's interaction with a centralized platform can compromise their privacy.
Bitcoin as a decentralised coin isn't far from this too.
Bitcoin transactions is public but can't be traced nor tampered.
It can only be traced back to an exchange where KYC was verified, this is why centralised exchanges are not helping anyone, they are creating more problems for people and such idiots are calling it easier way out.
Monero is a privacy coin and Bitcoin is a decentralised coin.
Both needs to used in such way, decentralised or privacy manner, but if you are idiot like some, it can be used in centralised way too, e.g KYC verified links, what's privacy about Monero when it's linked to a KYC account?