Bitcoin Forum
October 05, 2026, 05:37:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 31.1 [Torrent]
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcointalk Board Overview [A Simple Userscript]  (Read 259 times)
Decimation (OP)
Member
**
Offline

Activity: 272
Merit: 45


View Profile WWW
September 29, 2026, 06:36:29 PM
Last edit: October 02, 2026, 04:38:17 PM by Decimation
Merited by Mia Chloe (2)
 #1

Hey all forum users.

I made a script for the Bitcointalk forum in the form of an overview. I did not have any intention to make the script but while scrolling the forum, suddenly I wanted to know how the overview of every board can be seen directly while staying on the forum. Although if you enter the websites Bitlist.co & public.tableau & loyce.club and want to see manually, the exact updates can be seen, but if you use this script, all the updates can be seen directly from the forum. After making the script, I myself tested it for the last few days to see the output properly. I can see that the script is working properly and giving the output accurately.

See the description and details of the script in short:
The script will collect all the data at the top of every board of the bitcointalk forum and show the updates of the overview. This script will help every user of the forum to know about the history of every board, so everyone can use the script without any kind of restriction.

What does the script do?
After installing the userscript, it adds an overview section at the top of bitcointalk boards. The overview collects and displays available board-related information, allowing users to get a quick idea about the activity and history of the board without manually checking different pages.

For example, the overview can display information such as:
Code:
Total Topics,Total Posts, Total Replies, Total Merits, Merit Transactions, Unique Posters, Merited Posts, Active Topics, Today's Active Users, New Topics Today, Posts Today, Latest Post

The information is displayed directly on the relevant Bitcointalk board, so there is no need to open another website just to check these statistics.

Why did I make it?
This is mainly a small convenience tool for Bitcointalk users. Sometimes, while browsing a particular board, I want to know how active the board is, how many topics/posts it has, how many users are currently active or how the board has been developing over time.

Instead of opening another website and searching for the same board manually, this script allows the information to be viewed directly from bitcointalk. There are no special restrictions on who can use the script. Anyone interested can install and use it.

How to Install:
The script works through Tampermonkey or another userscript manager that supports Tampermonkey-compatible userscripts.

Desktop / PC
1: Install Tampermonkey extension
2: Open Tampermonkey settings
After installing Tampermonkey:
1. Open your browser.
2. Go to the Tampermonkey extension/settings.
3. Make sure User Scripts are allowed/enabled.
4. Keep Tampermonkey enabled while using bitcointalk.
3: Create a new userscript
(Create a new script → Delete the default code → Paste the script code)
4: Save the script (File → Save or simply use: Ctrl + S)
5: Open Bitcointalk (Now open or refresh)

Go to any board and the board overview should appear at the top of the page.

Script view:


Final Output:

Script Link Here:
▶️https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/598420-bitcointalk-board-metadata-dashboard/code



This is a relatively simple script but I found it useful while browsing different Bitcointalk boards. The main purpose is simply to make board statistics and activity information easier to access without having to leave the forum. I am sharing it here in case other Bitcointalk users find it useful as well. Feedback, suggestions, bug reports and improvement ideas are welcome.

If there are any issues, I will fix them, please let me know if any problems arise. Thank you.
Findingnemo
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1142


Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform


View Profile
September 29, 2026, 07:20:58 PM
 #2

Nowadays, Too many scripts for forums are created by members who are still newbies. Probably the number of scripts and tools launched this year will be higher than the rest of all the years combined. Roll Eyes

As of now, I only have BPIP and it gives me access to loyce and the Ninjastic tool with just one click, I guess it is enough for most of the users.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
PX-Z
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1406



View Profile WWW
September 29, 2026, 07:56:10 PM
 #3

Statistics are always awesome but you don't need or its not necessary to see them everytime you visit a board.

Plus you don't cache some api results in which i don't think is good even just for seconds at least 30 for safer api loads. Plus you never mentioned where the results came from or your api source which is bitlist, and i guess its worth mentioning. Which i didn't know they have api for such data.

.◼.◼.Vega.bet.◼.◼.██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

...100 FS + 750% BONUS..MAX.WIN.$5,000...

███...FAST PAYOUTS  |  NO KYC  |  10% LOSSBACK...███
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

...Play Now...
Mia Chloe
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 1218
Merit: 2304


Contact me for you designs...


View Profile
September 29, 2026, 08:10:37 PM
 #4

~snip
Thumbs up for the effort you actually put into the script. Anyways my genuine review based on the information about the script you gave here is ; first off I think your script is only prioritising convenience. I'm saying this because the data you scrape to display is readily available on the forum without tools.

It's just people barely surf to that extent so they may not know before now . Anyways if you can I'll suggest you add important data that isn't readily available that will give more solid reason to have it.

Decimation (OP)
Member
**
Offline

Activity: 272
Merit: 45


View Profile WWW
September 30, 2026, 08:59:42 PM
 #5

Nowadays, Too many scripts for forums are created by members who are still newbies. Probably the number of scripts and tools launched this year will be higher than the rest of all the years combined.
This is a personal matter for everyone and everyone will see these things in whatever way they want. I thought this script was necessary for me and I also shared it on the forum, maybe it can help someone.

Here, no one is being forced to do anything because whoever wants to will do it and whoever doesn't want to won't do it, this is normal.
alegotardo
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 3290
Merit: 1808


☢️ alegotardo™


View Profile WWW
October 01, 2026, 12:42:42 AM
 #6

Nowadays, Too many scripts for forums are created by members who are still newbies. Probably the number of scripts and tools launched this year will be higher than the rest of all the years combined. Roll Eyes

As of now, I only have BPIP and it gives me access to loyce and the Ninjastic tool with just one click, I guess it is enough for most of the users.

Certainly this is due to the increased use of AI for programming!
Not that this is a bad thing, but what I mean is that before, many people only had ideas and little or no technical hability to turn this idea into something useful for people, but today with the use of AI this is possible.

Sometimes, the feature that is presented is not "that useful", but the fact that you managed to put your idea into practice is a much stronger incentive to make it public than the actual fact that people are going to use it.

Anyway, I do not want to belittle the work of OP, I think he did a good job, but I am also a person who thinks that "the less, the better" so I also only install what really brings me a real benefit.

lovesmayfamilis
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 2968
Merit: 5904


🧿🌿🕊️


View Profile
October 01, 2026, 06:29:25 AM
Merited by Mia Chloe (1)
 #7

~snip
Thumbs up for the effort you actually put into the script. Anyways my genuine review based on the information about the script you gave here is ; first off I think your script is only prioritising convenience. I'm saying this because the data you scrape to display is readily available on the forum without tools.

It's just people barely surf to that extent so they may not know before now . Anyways if you can I'll suggest you add important data that isn't readily available that will give more solid reason to have it.

Indeed, people have become so lazy that they even try to save their energy, even on mouse clicks. I remember the times when we waited for hours for a game or a book to download  after searching the entire Internet to find something we needed. Now, the abundance of scripts just makes my head spin, and it's starting to get very annoying. All these bells and whistles on the forum...  I wonder if there are those who use them all together? It seems that a regular browser with a clean forum window looks much more aesthetically pleasing and convenient than all this fuss for the sake of "convenience".

It's nothing personal, OP.

Mia Chloe
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 1218
Merit: 2304


Contact me for you designs...


View Profile
October 01, 2026, 06:43:56 PM
 #8

~snip
Hmmm .. should I just say too much convenience brings about inconvenience?.. well I've said it multiple times in the past however that I barely make use of extensions. Most of the time when there are new ones I just test them out and discard them personally I don't like too many extensions.

That not withstanding I still appreciate extensions because of the work put in beside some other user out there may find it very helpful. But like I told the OP most of his data can be pulled without any extensions on the forum but with just a few mouse clicks.

Findingnemo
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1142


Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform


View Profile
October 01, 2026, 07:58:14 PM
 #9

Nowadays, Too many scripts for forums are created by members who are still newbies. Probably the number of scripts and tools launched this year will be higher than the rest of all the years combined. Roll Eyes

As of now, I only have BPIP and it gives me access to loyce and the Ninjastic tool with just one click, I guess it is enough for most of the users.

Certainly this is due to the increased use of AI for programming!
Not that this is a bad thing, but what I mean is that before, many people only had ideas and little or no technical hability to turn this idea into something useful for people, but today with the use of AI this is possible.

Sometimes, the feature that is presented is not "that useful", but the fact that you managed to put your idea into practice is a much stronger incentive to make it public than the actual fact that people are going to use it.

Anyway, I do not want to belittle the work of OP, I think he did a good job, but I am also a person who thinks that "the less, the better" so I also only install what really brings me a real benefit.

I am not saying this is bad but increase of AI made it possible for everyone to build such tools without any actual coding skills and as you said I am not doubting or making the work any lesser but it felt too much tools are coming in all the time but it used to come from the very trusted members.

So I can try them with complete assurance that I won't be installing anything malicious even without any actual knowledge to read the codes by myself.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
JollyGood
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 3416
Merit: 2345



View Profile WWW
October 01, 2026, 08:30:44 PM
 #10

I do not use any script on the forum but am surprised by the sheer number available. Not only that, I am glad you pointed that number of them are created by relatively new members. I am sure with the advent of AI, more scripts and websites to analyse the forum in one way or another will be added. Whether they are required, necessary or even appreciated is a different matter altogether.

Nowadays, Too many scripts for forums are created by members who are still newbies. Probably the number of scripts and tools launched this year will be higher than the rest of all the years combined. Roll Eyes

As of now, I only have BPIP and it gives me access to loyce and the Ninjastic tool with just one click, I guess it is enough for most of the users.

Vod
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 4550
Merit: 3718


Licking my boob since 1970


View Profile WWW
October 01, 2026, 08:33:59 PM
 #11

How often will it appear?  On mobile screens it will add a lot of extra scrolling.   Otherwise your script seems clean to me but I worry one ninja change could grab info leading to hijacking of the account.  There is a reason I did not tie user forum info into my ShadowPulse extension, and this is where account trust means more than extension features. 

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████▄████▄████████
███▀█████▀█▄███▄█▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀█▄██▀▀▀██▄█▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████████████████████████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄█▀██▄▄▄██▀█▄██▄████
████▄████▄█▀███▀█▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀███▀███▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
███████████████████████████
.
.Duelbits PREDICT..
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
███████████▀▀░░░░▀▀██████
██████████░░▄████▄░░█████
█████████░░████████░░████
█████████░░████████░░████
█████████▄░▀██████▀░▄████
████████▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀░░▄█████
██████▀░░░░██▄▄▄▄████████
████▀░░░░▄███████████████
█████▄░▄█████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
.
.WHERE EVERYTHING IS A MARKET..
█████
██
██







██
██
██████
Will Bitcoin hit $200,000
before January 1st 2027?

    No @1.15         Yes @6.00    
█████
██
██







██
██
██████

  CHECK MORE > 
Sandra_hakeem
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1118


Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform


View Profile WWW
October 01, 2026, 10:05:01 PM
Merited by JollyGood (1)
 #12

I do not use any script on the forum but am surprised by the sheer number available. Not only that, I am glad you pointed that number of them are created by relatively new members. I am sure with the advent of AI, more scripts and websites to analyse the forum in one way or another will be added. Whether they are required, necessary or even appreciated is a different matter altogether.

Nowadays, Too many scripts for forums are created by members who are still newbies. Probably the number of scripts and tools launched this year will be higher than the rest of all the years combined. Roll Eyes

As of now, I only have BPIP and it gives me access to loyce and the Ninjastic tool with just one click, I guess it is enough for most of the users.
"A good dancer, they say, knows when to leave the stage".

The introduction of new scripts on Meta has slowly lost its significance. Gloves and rest did a good job but it seems people are now trying to make exploit with it. We now have scripts for the bare minimum and I'm not saying it's a bad thing, don't get me wrong--- it's good that someone has finally decided to speak up for the new development that would rather make more lazy posters than smart ones.
FWIW, I don't use any extensions.
Indeed, people have become so lazy that they even try to save their energy, even on mouse clicks.
Keyword is LaZy!

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Decimation (OP)
Member
**
Offline

Activity: 272
Merit: 45


View Profile WWW
October 02, 2026, 04:55:35 PM
 #13

Plus you don't cache some api results in which i don't think is good even just for seconds at least 30 for safer api loads. Plus you never mentioned where the results came from or your api source which is bitlist, and i guess its worth mentioning. Which i didn't know they have api for such data.
Thank you for indicating the matter. It has been made 5 minutes for the API load. The results came from Bitlist itself and the source of the API is also coming from Bitlist. I have already fixed the codes and edited the post to correct them. I hope everything is working properly. If there is any need to make any changes or updates then try to fix them later as needed.

[Edited the thread]
Pages: [1]
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!