Bitcoin Forum
September 30, 2026, 11:37:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 31.1 [Torrent]
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [btc] Wallets  (Read 85 times)
[btc] (OP)
Full Member
***
Offline

Activity: 210
Merit: 293


"Messages are broadcast on a best effort basis,"


View Profile WWW
Today at 04:42:34 AM
Last edit: Today at 02:31:01 PM by [btc]
 #1

"[btc] Wallets" BBCODE note: Typing only "[btc]" will result in "BTC" being displayed in a post. Use "[nobbc][btc][/nobbc]" instead.

I've been working on making physical bitcoin collectibles in the form of "full-art" trading cards, for some time now.

It's going to be a serialized collection of bitcoin trading card wallets or [btc] Wallets, for short. Each of these will be a physical full-art trading card, that doubles as an offline cold storage wallet for bitcoin. For those who don't know what a full-art trading card is, they are basically cards in a TCG (trading card game ex: Pokemon/Yu-Gi-Oh) that are designed to have the main illustration which normally sits in a window in the upper half of the card, be the main focus and take up the entire space of the card instead.

Currently, I've just been working on making the artwork for the cards. The artwork for each card takes time, effort, and planning to make, and my hands are normally tied up with my job, spending time with family, life, etc. I'll probably start looking for a decent manufacturer around the time I have 10 of these artworks finished, but by all means, if anyone here has any recommendations for manufacturing, then I'm all ears. The manufacturer would obviously only be printing the artwork of the front and back of the card, onto the cardstock/whatever material, and I myself would be adding the anti-counterfeit stuff along with the public keys, private keys, holograms, etc. I'm working on getting my hands on a Microsoft Surface Pro tablet/laptop hybrid, as it's much easier to draw these shapes with my hand using the Surface pen, than it is with a mouse. I'll be able to pump out the artwork for each [btc] Wallet and get them manufactured much faster.

The main art style I love to go for, is to make the piece have the appearance of a stained-glass window, with mosaic design, that also mixes elements of pixel-art. Basically, something similar to what you would see in a church window or some old Victorian-era European architecture. It also works nice when combined with the theme of being a bitcoin-based physical collectible/cold-storage instrument, mostly because of the fact that it looks very "blocky" and such.

Here's some detail of my art making workflow for the first card's artwork that I finished back on August 20, 2026:

  • [1] The artwork is made using Microsoft Powerpoint
  • [2] Each shape that you see in this artwork is it's own individual object in the custom 13.73" x 9.84" PowerPoint slide. Here's a GIF of some of them being removed from their location in the artwork
  • [3] For this piece, there are a total of 2,035 individual free-form scribble shapes
  • [4] Each shape, is meticulously placed, colored, and given a 3-D Bevel effect so the finished piece has some extra shading/texture that makes it really pop and brings the mosaic stained-glass visual to form. Here's GIF to better display the process each shape undergoes to get it's final form

If you want to see the artwork in a higher resolution (forum doesn't do it justice, lol), then anyone can go to any card's individual page and download my artwork for free on my website (site not fully finished). Anyone is also welcome to use any art that I make for this project however they like. Each time I finish an artwork, I'll be sure to update the image carousel on the website, and the individual card page. Official [btc] Wallets that I release will have characteristics in place to ensure authenticity, so I'm not terribly worried about fakes/copies.

I would love to hear comments and feedback. This project has been so fun to put together, think about, and slowly shape into reality - it's kept me heavily interested, and has made my hobby of bitcoin-enthusiasm even more enjoyable. I'll be posting updates, finished artworks, as well as the manufactured trading cards, as time goes on, in this topic. I'll probably make an official topic in the Collectibles board when I've got a good amount of physicals rolled out and ready for sale.

[btc] Wallet No. 255 - Torchic
https://btc.toys/btcwallets/wallets/255





[1]


[2]


[3]


[4]


█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
[btc] (OP)
Full Member
***
Offline

Activity: 210
Merit: 293


"Messages are broadcast on a best effort basis,"


View Profile WWW
Today at 04:49:46 AM
Last edit: Today at 06:25:47 AM by [btc]
 #2

Currently working on [btc] Wallet No. 487 - Giratina
Will update this post when it's finished.



█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Vod
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 4536
Merit: 3715


Licking my boob since 1970


View Profile WWW
Today at 06:26:54 AM
 #3

Interesting idea!  Are you planning on people giving these as gifts, or keeping them as a collection?

Will you take special requests if someone has a picture they'd like?

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████▄████▄████████
███▀█████▀█▄███▄█▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀█▄██▀▀▀██▄█▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████████████████████████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄█▀██▄▄▄██▀█▄██▄████
████▄████▄█▀███▀█▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀███▀███▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
███████████████████████████
.
.Duelbits PREDICT..
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
███████████▀▀░░░░▀▀██████
██████████░░▄████▄░░█████
█████████░░████████░░████
█████████░░████████░░████
█████████▄░▀██████▀░▄████
████████▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀░░▄█████
██████▀░░░░██▄▄▄▄████████
████▀░░░░▄███████████████
█████▄░▄█████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
.
.WHERE EVERYTHING IS A MARKET..
█████
██
██







██
██
██████
Will Bitcoin hit $200,000
before January 1st 2027?

    No @1.15         Yes @6.00    
█████
██
██







██
██
██████

  CHECK MORE > 
[btc] (OP)
Full Member
***
Offline

Activity: 210
Merit: 293


"Messages are broadcast on a best effort basis,"


View Profile WWW
Today at 07:46:02 AM
Last edit: Today at 02:18:15 PM by [btc]
 #4

Interesting idea!  Are you planning on people giving these as gifts, or keeping them as a collection?

Since these cards will be a physical form of bitcoin, I'd probably expect people that buy them, to treat them in the same fashion as a Casascius, Lelana, Icarus, etc. These examples, and more, of physical bitcoins can aĺl be sold, gifted, traded, or held onto as a collectible. I've definitely leaned into the collectibles nature when it comes to [btc] Wallets, given how no two existing cards will be identical, and designing them as "trading cards", which have traditionally held collectibility as one of the characteristics in that hobby. For example, when I get around to manufacturing these, there will only be one print of Wallet No. 255 produced - won't ever be produced by me again.

Will you take special requests if someone has a picture they'd like?

I for sure have my mind set on making one card for each existing Pokemon, first. Once I'm done with that, I could be open to the possibility of special requests. On the other hand, I like to create what I want, when I want. The idea of committing to something creatively when I'm not 100% feeling it, doesn't sound fun to me. I don't want making these to feel like work, in the slightest, because so far I've had a blast working on the first two - rejecting a special request may not feel great to me or the requestor, too.


█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
dkbit98
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 3094
Merit: 8888



View Profile WWW
Today at 08:07:19 PM
 #5

Your idea sounds interesting but I am not sure it's a good idea to use any microsoft tools, including Powerpoint, for making this.
I don't want to sound paranoid, but it's a known fact that all microsoft product are basically spyware that is always talking with servers, especially newer versions.
There must be some alternative open source tool, maybe OnlyOffice or LibreOffice, they are both very good and compatible with ms documents.

▄▄██████▄░░░▄██████▄▄
██▀▀░░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░░▀▀██
▄▄██████▄░▄██████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███░░░▄▄░░░█░░░▄▄░░░███▄
▄▄▄███░░░░██░░░░░░░██░░░░███▄▄▄
████████░░░░██░░░░░░░██░░░░████████
██████████░░░▀▀░░░█░░░▀▀░░░██████████
████▀▀██████▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄██████▀▀████
▀███▄░░▀▀███████████████████▀▀░░▄███▀
▀████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░▄▄████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
▀▀█████████████████████▀▀
  
OrangeFren
  
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  
▄▄█████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀████▄
███▀░░░░░░░▀███
███▀░░░▄█░░░░▀███
███░░░░░█░░░░░███
███▄░░░▄█▄░░░▄███
███▄░░░░░░░▄███
▀████▄▄▄████▀
█████████
▐█████████▌
█████░█████
▐████▌░▐████▌
▀▀░▀█░░░█▀░▀▀
 
Cointikka
Full Member
***
Offline

Activity: 647
Merit: 201



View Profile WWW
Today at 08:19:29 PM
 #6

Your idea sounds interesting but I am not sure it's a good idea to use any microsoft tools, including Powerpoint, for making this.
I don't want to sound paranoid, but it's a known fact that all microsoft product are basically spyware that is always talking with servers, especially newer versions.
There must be some alternative open source tool, maybe OnlyOffice or LibreOffice, they are both very good and compatible with ms documents.
Absolutely correct! Any assistance from tools created by big tech like Microsoft or Google can be considered spyware. The problem with open source tool is that they do not give the desired finished output for what OP is trying. BTW.. it is your choice to use it or not. I will stay away from it. But I will also applaud the effort of OP as it is not that easy to create such a detailed artwork.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!