I do not think the world will adopt that.
Trump called the AI tech giants Sam Altman/Greg Brockman, Dario Amodei, Sundar Pichai, Mark Zuckerberg, Jensen Huang, Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos, Satya Nadella, Alex Karp, Lisa Su on the 29th of September to discuss about how AI can remain safe for humanity.
But the way he talked about changing AI to SI (Super Intelligence) is somehow as if AI is not fit for it. Is it necessary to change the name?
I think Trump is doing all things that will not make his name to be forgotten. Politically I have noticed this about him.
all this seems to me more like a marketing speech than anything else, the fact is that these entrepreneurs in the world of AI are trying in every way to bring grist to their mill, trying to attract as many people as possible, with these shots on safety they make people more and more curious to go and try it.
Pay attention, every time they come up with the "safety problem" and in the end the new super, hyper, mega ultra model comes out punctually, whatever...