Bitcoin Forum
October 02, 2026, 08:09:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 31.1 [Torrent]
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: *What is really interesting about Bitcoin*  (Read 114 times)
Gentle_Soul (OP)
Full Member
***
Offline

Activity: 553
Merit: 120


View Profile
Today at 09:27:47 AM
Merited by Emeraldo (1)
 #1


I was just pondering on this question when I started going into making certain research and reading some articles on Bitcoin because I really wanted to know why Bitcoin.  If I should convince a man who knows nothing about Bitcoin to start using Bitcoin what should I tell him,  what convincing words should I tell him or how do I make him believe in Bitcoin and start to use and invest in Bitcoin.

Let's look at some digital assets like gold, cash in banks, real estate and stocks. In all of this digital assets there can be one related set back or the other let's start with your gold gold can be seized at boarders you can not hide it or sneak it into any country so you need some rigorous processes to clear.
If you talk about your money in the bank of course the government can inflate and even make policies that will control how much you can access or spend and thereby making you not to be in full control of your own funds.
I just didn't want to talk about the real estate because the taxation on the real estate is just too much and it can also be seized too if there is any form of violation of protocol.
Your stocks is still under some sort of control by your broker who can decide to lock your account but in  Bitcoin reverse is the case your transactions and you funds are completely safe and secured without any fear or threat.
Emeraldo
Full Member
***
Offline

Activity: 406
Merit: 130


View Profile
Today at 10:11:30 AM
 #2

There are so many things that is interesting about Bitcoin and if you try to compare it to stock market, Gold or the fiat system that is fully regulated by the government, there will be more advantage of using Bitcoin for transactions and wealth accumulation to what you have compared it with. If Bitcoin was not good enough, there would have been so many articles and frequent comparison with Bitcoin.

The uniqueness of Bitcoin is the decentralized nature where you can send money while being anonymous on the blockchain.
The transparency of the blockchain has made Bitcoin far different from what you have listed in comparison making it hard to compromise the blockchain that aid the storage of transaction data.
MainIbem
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 2226
Merit: 673


Open-code Isolated Crypto Wallet


View Profile WWW
Today at 11:20:44 AM
 #3

Lots of things makes Bitcoin interesting, from being an alternative means of transaction, decentralization, inflation hedge, self sovereignty to store of value which makes it a good asset to be held for future purposes, while comparing Bitcoin with other asset in terms of convincing someone about it, I think self sovereignty and inflation hedge is enough to give anyone reasons to consider Bitcoin as a choice of investment, moreover it's done better than the other assets you mentioned, in the past years in term of being progressive.

▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
██████████▀▄▄▄▀██████████
█████████░█████░█████████
████████▀▀░▄▄▄░▀█████████
███████░░░█████░░░███████
██████░░░▐█████▌░░░██████
██████░░░▐█████▌░░░██████
██████░░░▐█████▌░░░██████
███████░░░█████░░░███████
████████▄▄░▀▀▀░▄█████████
█████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
 
 Lock.com 
█▀▀
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█▄▄
▀▀█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
▄▄█
█▀▀
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█▄▄
▀▀█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
▄▄█
 
  Open − code isolated Crypto Wallet     Sign Up    
adultcrypto
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 1204
Merit: 584


View Profile
Today at 11:21:13 AM
 #4

A lot of Nigerians may not really appreciate this wonderful innovation now that we have the Naira floated and people can now pay for things abroad with their debit cards. During the time of Buhari when such access was blocked, there was no way to pay for things abroad. That was when bitcoin became magically important because what you will suffer for weeks going to the back to raise Western Union or other money transfer options which you might even be denied, you get that in minutes and at lower fees using bitcoin. If you passed through this process, you will very much thank God for giving us bitcoin to make things very easy for us.
kingstep
Full Member
***
Offline

Activity: 200
Merit: 100



View Profile
Today at 11:26:45 AM
 #5

Let's look at some digital assets like gold, cash in banks, real estate and stocks. In all of this digital assets there can be one related set back or the other let's start with your gold gold can be seized at boarders you can not hide it or sneak it into any country so you need some rigorous processes to clear.
If you are travelling out and want to easily carry out all your wealth and asset to any kind of location you are going to without issues of taxation, challenge emanating from government policies or any form of border related challenges, then bitcoin stands as the best fit for that kind of stuff and the interesting thing is that regardless the quantity of bitcoin that you are holding, taking it to any part of the world is the least of your concern and you can go to the strategist of places and leave a low profile life without anyone actually knowing that you are that wealthy.

When it matters most and the need to transact low key without the thousands of questions from the government and other regulatory bodies is to be factored into, bitcoin stands out as the best solution that helps mitigate this differences.

Theowarren
Newbie
*
Offline

Activity: 1
Merit: 0


View Profile
Today at 01:29:38 PM
 #6

For me, the most interesting part is being able to send money directly to someone in another country without having to deal with banks or other intermediaries. The price is obviously what gets most of the attention, but the payment side of Bitcoin is what made me interested in the first place.
Bitcoin-Forever
Member
**
Offline

Activity: 154
Merit: 21


View Profile
Today at 02:24:05 PM
 #7

Let's first take it this way and admit that the world we have we can also give to others; this means that the level of your knowledge in Bitcoin will determine what you will introduce to a newbie concerning Bitcoin.

As a newbie, don't also rely on a single entity to learn; take your time to devise more alternative measures you can put in place to aid your learning process to know more, because it's even possible that you get more knowledge than someone who is teaching you over time if you are committed to improving yourself.

Everything about bitcoin is fascinating enough to make us adopt it, but we just have to discover our own individually before we can know what to do next.
Judith87403
Sr. Member
****
Offline

Activity: 980
Merit: 316



View Profile WWW
Today at 02:41:24 PM
 #8

I was just pondering on this question when I started going into making certain research and reading some articles on Bitcoin because I really wanted to know why Bitcoin.  If I should convince a man who knows nothing about Bitcoin to start using Bitcoin what should I tell him,  what convincing words should I tell him or how do I make him believe in Bitcoin and start to use and invest in Bitcoin.
You don't need to convince anyone to invest in Bitcoin. You can tell them the good and bad side of investing in Bitcoin. The good side in respect to the store of value it has, the limited supply and the hedge it is against inflation. The bad side which is about volatility, the bear season, the market corrections and the downtrends. If you tell them the good and bad side of investing in Bitcoin and they develop interest to learn more then you can go deeper by teaching them about wallet safety, how to secure their wallets and how to protect their seed phrases. They should naturally develop interest and not you trying to convince anyone.

Rockson1
Sr. Member
****
Offline

Activity: 854
Merit: 390



View Profile
Today at 03:05:18 PM
 #9

Op there much interesting stuff we can talk about Bitcoin, although it depends on the knowledge of the person that wants to tell an intending investor about Bitcoin, but one thing you need to know is that, we don't need to force Bitcoin to anyone, there are things you'll will tell someone about Bitcoin it will look like a hype, especially for those that no or little knowledge about Bitcoin, Bitcoin just have a lot of things, athough nothing is guaranteed, but bitcon remains futuristic, and anyone aproaching it should be futuristic too, if I'm to tell anyone about Bitcoin, there are many things to say, especially the part of decentralization and self custody.

Yorubek
Full Member
***
Offline

Activity: 532
Merit: 194



View Profile
Today at 03:12:22 PM
 #10


I was just pondering on this question when I started going into making certain research and reading some articles on Bitcoin because I really wanted to know why Bitcoin.  If I should convince a man who knows nothing about Bitcoin to start using Bitcoin what should I tell him,  what convincing words should I tell him or how do I make him believe in Bitcoin and start to use and invest in Bitcoin.
I think a person who does not know about Bitcoin will never be interested in investing in Bitcoin, a person's own research is very important to invest in Bitcoin. If you invest without gaining specific knowledge about Bitcoin based only on the words of others, the amount of risk will increase much more than normal because if you do not have knowledge about Bitcoin, market volatility can quickly take away the investor's confidence, which may result in losses. You cannot force anyone to invest in Bitcoin, it is very important for the investor to have a recruiting mentality to invest in Bitcoin.

You cannot tell a person to invest in Bitcoin right away. First, you can tell them about the basics of Bitcoin and then ask them to research Bitcoin, which will help the investor gain specific knowledge about Bitcoin and increase their confidence and trust, which will encourage the investor to invest on their own.

Shadiq
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 910
Merit: 635



View Profile WWW
Today at 04:28:44 PM
 #11

Why should you take responsibility for bringing others to Bitcoin or convince someone to enter Bitcoin? There is no need for this. You can only advise him to learn about Bitcoin, if he himself expresses interest in Bitcoin, then you can tell him in detail about Bitcoin. There is no need to force anyone to promote Bitcoin, you will only harm yourself by doing so. By convincing others to use Bitcoin, you are promoting that you own Bitcoin, others may think that you have a lot of Bitcoin which is very valuable. Silence is the best way to stay safe, in any case. So do not create a risky environment for yourself by randomly promoting Bitcoin.

R


▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
||.
|
▄▄████▄▄
▀█▀
▄▀▀▄▀█▀
▄▄░░▄█░██░█▄░░▄▄
▄▄█░▄▀█░▀█▄▄█▀░█▀▄░█▄▄
▀▄█░███▄█▄▄█▄███░█▄▀
▀▀█░░░▄▄▄▄░░░█▀▀
█░░██████░░█
█░░░░▀▀░░░░█
█▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█
▄░█████▀▀█████░▄
▄███████░██░███████▄
▀▀██████▄▄██████▀▀
▀▀████████▀▀
.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
████████████░███████▀▄▀
████████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
████████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▀▄███░░░▀████░███▄▀██▄
███░████░░░░░▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄░░░░▀░████░███
███░████░███▄░░░░████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄░░███▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
SOUTHAMPTON FC
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
NewRevelation
Full Member
***
Offline

Activity: 378
Merit: 155


Thank Goodness..


View Profile
Today at 06:46:08 PM
 #12


I was just pondering on this question when I started going into making certain research and reading some articles on Bitcoin because I really wanted to know why Bitcoin.  If I should convince a man who knows nothing about Bitcoin to start using Bitcoin what should I tell him,  what convincing words should I tell him or how do I make him believe in Bitcoin and start to use and invest in Bitcoin.

Let's look at some digital assets like gold, cash in banks, real estate and stocks. In all of this digital assets there can be one related set back or the other let's start with your gold gold can be seized at boarders you can not hide it or sneak it into any country so you need some rigorous processes to clear.
If you talk about your money in the bank of course the government can inflate and even make policies that will control how much you can access or spend and thereby making you not to be in full control of your own funds.
I just didn't want to talk about the real estate because the taxation on the real estate is just too much and it can also be seized too if there is any form of violation of protocol.
Your stocks is still under some sort of control by your broker who can decide to lock your account but in  Bitcoin reverse is the case your transactions and you funds are completely safe and secured without any fear or threat.

First, I don't always support the idea of convincing someone to invest in Bitcoin, because I don't think it's right. It should be a thing of interest and not convincing. Secondly, it's money, I mean hard earned money, so people should decide what they want to do with there money at anytime, perhaps, it is not a Ponzi scheme that requires them to invest for you to make money. So, they should come asking for your help, not the other way round.

However, let's say it's a game, and am asked to convince someone who knows nothing about Bitcoin to invest in Bitcoin, I would simply say..

Think about your life in the next 10-15-20 years old far ahead, where would you want to be in the future financially? With what you are doing, and you want to save money, can you save up money in the bank that can change your life for good, in the space of 20 years or more? All this may be possible if you can buy Bitcoin and begin to save it for years, you know why? Because it increases in value on its own. Sometimes, it also falls in value, but within space of years, it always creates an ATH market by value, which means, the amount you have bought will have also increased in value. At this point, I can show him charts of previous years and let him think for himself.

Queen uloma
Sr. Member
****
Offline

Activity: 364
Merit: 256



View Profile
Today at 07:14:14 PM
 #13

For me if I want to explain bitcoin to someone that knows nothing about bitcoin, I won’t start by telling them that there’s money in bitcoin. I will first of all explain the freedom aspect and how bitcoin works.

Unlike traditional bank, gold, or property bitcoin can move across borders without carrying physical asset, and you have full control over your money without depending on bank.
I will also educate him about the risks  involve, it’s good to learn and also use money that you can afford to lose.

Big Dirams
Full Member
***
Offline

Activity: 378
Merit: 170


Bitcoin Casino Est. 2013


View Profile
Today at 07:27:07 PM
 #14

For me if I want to explain bitcoin to someone that knows nothing about bitcoin, I won’t start by telling them that there’s money in bitcoin. I will first of all explain the freedom aspect and how bitcoin works.

Unlike traditional bank, gold, or property bitcoin can move across borders without carrying physical asset, and you have full control over your money without depending on bank.
I will also educate him about the risks  involve, it’s good to learn and also use money that you can afford to lose.
With this approach honestly some people wouldn’t want to hear more again but it still the best approach to anyone who have no idea about bitcoin. When we begin to start with the benefits then some people wouldn’t even pay much attention to the risk involved in it and at the long run they might end up blaming us because from start we emphasize much on benefits for them.

We shouldn’t just explain about the benefits to them alone but we should make sure we do our due diligence by making them understand that there are risk in it and same way there is benefits too so if they are willing to be part of it then it important to risk what they can afford to loss because at the long run profits isn’t guaranteed ( this part is necessary).

Lembo69
Full Member
***
Online Online

Activity: 630
Merit: 129



View Profile
Today at 08:06:51 PM
 #15

The fundamental aspect of Bitcoin is that it is not a centralized currency, and those who invest in it do so with a full understanding of the associated risks. Ideally, one should invest only the money they are prepared to lose; this is why investors are advised to invest using their "discretionary income"—the funds remaining after all expenses have been covered. To put it simply, the most compelling feature of Bitcoin is that you are using a form of digital money free from the control of any government or third party; no one but you knows about your funds. Furthermore, if you take a long-term approach and the market moves in your favor, you could potentially make a profit.

███████████    B I T L I S T        🔄 MIXERS     📈 EXCHANGES     🎰 CASINOS    ███████████
████████████████████     CATALOG CRYPTO WEBSITES #KYCFREE    ████████████████████
███████████    |   Bitcointalk Archive   |   Image Hosting   |  Currency Converter  |    ███████████
Pages: [1]
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!