LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 4186
Merit: 22922
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
|
 |
October 04, 2026, 05:17:12 AM |
|
Test: If you think “retarded” is just a word, PM a moderator and call them retarded. Report what happens. It makes you look like an idiot. Nothing happens if you call Global Moderator hilariousandco a " 3rd world pajeet" in the form of negative feedback. Advice: Don't say anything on the forum that you wouldn't say to Theymos. Theymos is one of the few people around here with a thicker skin than me.
|
|
|
|
oneadvocate (OP)
Newbie

Activity: 11
Merit: 0
|
 |
October 04, 2026, 05:28:40 AM |
|
Test: If you think “retarded” is just a word, PM a moderator and call them retarded. Report what happens. It makes you look like an idiot. Nothing happens if you call Global Moderator hilariousandco a " 3rd world pajeet" in the form of negative feedback. Advice: Don't say anything on the forum that you wouldn't say to Theymos. Theymos is one of the few people around here with a thicker skin than me. LoyceV, ARE YOU SAYING YOU SUPPORT USING THE WORD RETARDED TO INSULT PEOPLE WHO HAVE DISABILITIES IN THE NAME OF FREE SPEECH?@LoyceV If you don't like it, ignore him. You can't seriously expect everyone on the internet to follow your preference. It's freedom of speech. Cherish it; it's already so rare online!
You wrote that in reply to a post documenting DireWolfM14’s repeated use of “retard” and “retarded” as insults. You have made the same argument for years: the forum lets people be as rude as they want, the Ignore button solves it, and being offended is the reader’s problem. So, directly: are you saying you support using the word “retarded” to insult people who have disabilities, in the name of free speech? “Retarded” is not just generic rudeness. It is a word used specifically to demean people with intellectual disabilities. Defending the general right to be rude is one position. Defending this word, used this way, as free speech worth cherishing is another. Is protecting the right to call people “retarded” as an insult more important to you than not stigmatizing people with disabilities?
|
|
|
|
|
libert19
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1204
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
|
 |
October 04, 2026, 05:49:27 AM |
|
Test: If you think “retarded” is just a word, PM a moderator and call them retarded. Report what happens. FWIW, I saw a topic in meta yesterday, it was harsh language towards moderators and it was deleted real quick; I wanted it to continue because comments would have been hilarious to read. Have you ever played video games? I do. Most of us have already been insulted: "Retard, idiots, your m** *****, s**k m* d***, and others". Do you know what I did in Dota 2? Yeah, I used Mute Chats (Ignore Button) and Mute Mics. Really simple, right ? or you want follow his games? up to u as well. But the Ignore Button should be enough for you since seem you are the guys are not quite comfortable with some insult. Nothing motivates me more to perform better than being in such kind of lobbies; if I am not in mood, I'd mute indeed. m** ***** What's that though? Appears, I need to increase my profanity vocabulary.
|
|
|
|
lovesmayfamilis
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 5906
🧿🌿🕊️
|
 |
October 04, 2026, 06:14:18 AM |
|
OP, put up a sign for yourself that you are disabled, so that people understand who is who. The problem will be solved.🤷♀️
|
|
|
|
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 4186
Merit: 22922
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
|
 |
October 04, 2026, 06:31:22 AM |
|
So, directly: are you saying you support using the word “retarded” to insult people who have disabilities, in the name of free speech? I'm saying whether or not I "support" it is irrelevant. Defending the general right to be rude is one position. Defending this word, used this way, as free speech worth cherishing is another. Wanting to censor what is or isn't allowed is exactly what free speech is meant for. I posted the link to Rowan Atkinson's speech, have you seen it? Is protecting the right to call people “retarded” as an insult more important to you than not stigmatizing people with disabilities? Where on this slippery slope do you want to draw the line? If words can hurt your feelings, there are many SJW forum echo chambers to choose from where your feelings are protected. FWIW, I saw a topic in meta yesterday, it was harsh language towards moderators and it was deleted real quick; I wanted it to continue because comments would have been hilarious to read. Do you have the topicID so I can find it back? I bet it was deleted for being insubstantial, not for being rude.
|
|
|
|
oneadvocate (OP)
Newbie

Activity: 11
Merit: 0
|
 |
October 04, 2026, 06:50:59 AM |
|
You have no idea what a disability is like until it happens to you; then you understand. Everyone is on the bandwagon until it happens to them. Nodding along, or mocking it, same thing. It's still someone else. Once it's you, the jokes stop being funny. If you've lived it, you already know. If you're the one dismissing it, you probably still don't.
|
|
|
|
|
libert19
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1204
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
|
 |
October 04, 2026, 06:58:55 AM |
|
FWIW, I saw a topic in meta yesterday, it was harsh language towards moderators and it was deleted real quick; I wanted it to continue because comments would have been hilarious to read. Do you have the topicID so I can find it back? I bet it was deleted for being insubstantial, not for being rude. Yes, thanks to TryNin_a's notifier bot which sends notifications for nuked topics as well — https://bitlist.co/topic/5595678
|
|
|
|
[btc]
Full Member
 

Activity: 224
Merit: 329
"Messages are broadcast on a best effort basis,"
|
 |
October 04, 2026, 07:13:49 AM |
|
Hey, @OP
The right people have, To express themselves/use the words they want to, Is shared with the right you have, To intentionally misunderstand the point that people are trying to get across to you.
You're offending me by not recognizing this. See the double standard/infinity circle that is happening, or no? ._.
|
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
|
|
|
Rikafip
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 8519
|
 |
October 04, 2026, 07:45:09 AM |
|
That is significant. We are not talking about mere antiquated vocabulary here. Educators, the medical community, disability groups, and society at large have put aside this kind of terminology for good reason, having found it offensive and stigmatizing to those with intellectual disabilities.
George Carlin on Soft Language.
|
| | Sportsbet.io | │ |
| │ |
| │ | ████████████████████████ ██ ██████
██ ████████████████
MORE THAN A BET!
██ ████████████████
██ █████████████████████ ██ ████████ |
|
|
|
DireWolfM14
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 5935
|
 |
October 04, 2026, 12:47:27 PM |
|
DireWolfM14, make a public apology for using “retard” and “retarded” as insults, and stop using those words that way.
Howard, stop register new accounts to evade your ban, and I'll be fresh out of retards to call retarded.
|
|
|
|
oneadvocate (OP)
Newbie

Activity: 11
Merit: 0
|
 |
October 04, 2026, 04:52:34 PM |
|
"He that mocks is mocked." This old proverb states that if you laugh at someone else's flaws or misfortunes, you invite the same fate upon yourself.
|
|
|
|
|
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 4186
Merit: 22922
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
|
FWIW, I saw a topic in meta yesterday, it was harsh language towards moderators and it was deleted real quick Do you have the topicID so I can find it back? I bet it was deleted for being insubstantial, not for being rude. Yes, thanks to TryNin_a's notifier bot which sends notifications for nuked topics as well — https://bitlist.co/topic/5595678That confirms why it was deleted, full caps swearing isn't allowed: Examples:[/anchor] 1. Such posts as "SELL SELL SELL", "I agree", "+1", "Support", "Watching", "Interesting", "LOL", "SCAM", "LEGIT", "FAKE", other one word posts, posts consisting mostly of swearing, quote pyramids, useless introduction threads, threads about a topic already recently discussed in several other threads.
|
|
|
|
PrivacyG
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 3114
#kycfree ❎
|
 |
October 04, 2026, 10:47:20 PM |
|
I suggest that we also ban nuts and knobs.
|
|
|
|
DireWolfM14
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 5935
|
"He that mocks is mocked." This old proverb states that if you laugh at someone else's flaws or misfortunes, you invite the same fate upon yourself.
I don't claim to be a genius but at least I'm not so retarded as to generate private keys and offer them for sale, nor do I defend those who do. So, I think I'll be just fine in my effort to avoid inviting your fate upon myself.
What retards sockpuppet is this?
This one. I believe he's in a temporary time-out but if he keeps evading his ban it might become permanent.
|
|
|
|
oneadvocate (OP)
Newbie

Activity: 11
Merit: 0
|
 |
October 05, 2026, 02:31:15 AM |
|
DireWolfM14, thank you for apologizing to the forum and to the disabled community. It takes more to own a mistake in public and posting that apology where everyone can see it matters. The forum is better when people are willing to correct themselves, and the disabled community deserved that acknowledgment.
|
|
|
|
|
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 4550
Merit: 3719
Licking my boob since 1970
|
 |
October 08, 2026, 12:57:35 AM |
|
If you agree with Dire on this, then yeah, you are condoning disabilities.
People can be retarded - it's a state of retardation, which can be a mental or physical handicap. You sprain your ankle playing hockey? You are temporarily retarded, my friend. People who use that kind of language daily (oil workers and dire wolves in particular) don't view it as literal retardation. And I can write this cause I'm a retard.  Once it's you, the jokes stop being funny.
Only if I've heard them before. Otherwise, my sense of humor was not affected.
|
|
|
|
OgNasty
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 5614
Merit: 6591
Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform
|
 |
October 08, 2026, 11:08:05 PM |
|
And I can write this cause I'm a retard.
Self described… Quoting for the briefcase boys. Carry on.
|
| ..Stake.com.. | | | ▄████████████████████████████████████▄ ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██ ▄████▄ ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██ ██████ ██ ██████████ ██ ██ ██████████ ██ ▀██▀ ██ ██ ██ ██████ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██████ ██ █████ ███ ██████ ██ ████▄ ██ ██ █████ ███ ████ ████ █████ ███ ████████ ██ ████ ████ ██████████ ████ ████ ████▀ ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██ ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██ ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███ ██ ██ ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████████████████████████████████████ | | | | | | ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄ █ ▄▀▄ █▀▀█▀▄▄ █ █▀█ █ ▐ ▐▌ █ ▄██▄ █ ▌ █ █ ▄██████▄ █ ▌ ▐▌ █ ██████████ █ ▐ █ █ ▐██████████▌ █ ▐ ▐▌ █ ▀▀██████▀▀ █ ▌ █ █ ▄▄▄██▄▄▄ █ ▌▐▌ █ █▐ █ █ █▐▐▌ █ █▐█ ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█ | | | | | | ▄▄█████████▄▄ ▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄ ▄█▀ ▐█▌ ▀█▄ ██ ▐█▌ ██ ████▄ ▄█████▄ ▄████ ████████▄███████████▄████████ ███▀ █████████████ ▀███ ██ ███████████ ██ ▀█▄ █████████ ▄█▀ ▀█▄ ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄ ▄▄▄█▀ ▀███████ ███████▀ ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀ ▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀ | | | ..PLAY NOW.. |
|
|
|
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 4550
Merit: 3719
Licking my boob since 1970
|
 |
October 08, 2026, 11:26:11 PM |
|
Quoting for the briefcase boys. Carry on.
You forgot the 
|
|
|
|
LFC_Bitcoin
Diamond Hands
Legendary

Activity: 4410
Merit: 13390
|
 |
October 09, 2026, 04:05:27 PM |
|
He might get in trouble if he was calling a work colleague a retard or retarded but this isn’t the workplace is it. We’re all grownups here, you might not like to hear it but you should grow a thicker skin.
Life it hard enough at times, without getting bent out of shape by insults online. Who cares, seriously? Unless you’re disabled, have a disabled kid or something then grow up.
|
|
|
|
|
|
| | Sportsbet.io | │ |
| │ |
| │ | ████████████████████████ ██ ██████
██ ████████████████
MORE THAN A BET!
██ ████████████████
██ █████████████████████ ██ ████████ |
[/quote] Hero - Legendary Member [center][table][tr][td][/td][td][center][url=https://sportsbet.io/][size=2pt][color=#013][color=#4b5]▄█████▄▄[/color]██████▄▄[color=transparent]█████[/color] [color=#4b5]▄██████████[/color]▀[color=transparent]██[/color]▀▀████▄[color=transparent]████[/color] [color=#4b5]███████████▌[/color][color=transparent]██████[/color]▀███▄[color=transparent]██[/color] [color=#4b5]███████████▌[/color][color=transparent]████████[/color]▀██▄[color=transparent]█[/color] ▐[color=#4b5]██████████[/color][color=transparent]███████████[/color]██▌ ██[color=#4b5]▀██████▀[/color][color=transparent]████████████[/color]▐██ ██▌[color=transparent]████████████████████[/color]██ ██▌[color=transparent]███████████████████[/color]▐██ ▐██[color=transparent]███████████████████[/color]██▌ ▀██▄[color=transparent]███████████████[/color]▄██▀ ▀███▄[color=transparent]███████████[/color]▄███▀ ▀████▄▄[color=transparent]███[/color]▄▄████▀ ▀▀███████▀▀[/td] [td][url=https://sportsbet.io/][size=2pt][nbsp] [font=poppins,arial][b][size=22pt][color=#013]Sportsbet[color=#4b5].[/color]io[/td] [td][size=23pt][color=#4b5]│[/td] [td][size=4pt] [center][url=https://sportsbet.io/][font=montserrat,arial][b][size=9pt][color=#013]NO[nbsp]CONFIRMATION [font=montserrat black,arial black][color=#4b5]BTC DEPOSITS[/td] [td][size=23pt][color=#4b5]│[/td] [td][size=4pt] [center][url=https://sportsbet.io/][font=montserrat,arial][b][size=9pt][color=#013]BTT'S[nbsp]MOST[nbsp]TRUSTED [font=montserrat black,arial black][color=#4b5]SPORTSBOOK[/td] [td][size=23pt][color=#4b5]│[/td] [td][size=2pt][color=#4b5]████████████████████████[nbsp][nbsp][nbsp]██[nbsp][nbsp][nbsp]██████ [siz
|
|
|
DireWolfM14
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 5935
|
 |
October 09, 2026, 05:04:20 PM |
|
He might get in trouble if he was calling a work colleague a retard or retarded
That largely depends on the colleague, and whether we're friends. Ironically, I use the terms "retard" as a verb, and "retarded" as an adjective at work frequently; they're quite useful in regards to engineering and manufacturing processes. Not quite as versatile as the word "fuck," but that's another story.
|
|
|
|
|