Bitcoin Forum
October 03, 2026, 11:27:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 31.1 [Torrent]
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: solo.ckpool.org: bestever 592.58T (4.5x network difficulty) with no block credit  (Read 29 times)
Secksthemex (OP)
Newbie
*
Offline

Activity: 1
Merit: 0


View Profile
Today at 06:12:11 PM
 #1

Hoping someone can help me understand a discrepancy in my solo.ckpool.org stats. I'm not claiming a bug — I assume I'm misreading something — but I can't reconcile these numbers myself.
Setup
   •   Pool: stratum+tcp://solo.ckpool.org:3333
   •   3 miners, ~19.5 TH/s aggregate, running continuously since early April 2026
   •   Authorised timestamp: 1767926850
What the stats page reports (verified live today, 2026-10-03):

"shares":     103036164584
"bestshare":  592581840813.703
"bestever":   592581840813
"hashrate1d": "19.6T"
"hashrate7d": "19.6T"
"workers":    3


The problem
Network difficulty is currently 132,716,002,350,731 (132.72T) as of the retarget at block 969,696. The prior epoch (block 967,680) was 132,757,073,449,487.
My reported bestever of 592,581,840,813 is roughly 4.5x the network difficulty for the epoch in which it was found. My understanding is that a share exceeding network difficulty is a solved block.
However, the payout address has zero transactions, ever — confirmed on both mempool.space and blockchain.info. tx_count: 0, funded_txo_sum: 0.
Timeline of bestever values I've logged
   •   Apr 2026: 132,570,294,504
   •   Jul 2026: 138,417,686,955
   •   Oct 2026: 592,581,840,813 (current)
The first value sat at 99.86% of that epoch's difficulty without going over. The latter two both exceed it. No block credited for any of them.
Questions
   1.   Is bestever raw share difficulty, or is it scaled/normalised in some way I'm not accounting for?
   2.   If it is raw share difficulty, was a block submitted from this address — and if so, was it orphaned or rejected?
   3.   Is there a known condition where bestever can report a value above network difficulty without a block being solved?
Happy to provide the address privately to an admin if that's preferable. Appreciate any insight — I've been mining solo for six months and would rather understand the stat than keep misreading it.
Thanks.
Xal0lex
Staff
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 3332
Merit: 3183


View Profile WWW
Today at 08:57:35 PM
Merited by klarki (2)
 #2

Better ask question in this topic
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5237323.0.

And close this one. And yes, write your own words, do not use AI. If you keep writing in AI's words, you wont last long on the forum.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!