https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbTt9svOub8This company, RealToken.inc, was started in 2019, to "revolutionize" the Real Estate Industry. This is an example of "Tokenized Asset". It started buying properties in the US, especially in the city of Detroit. Ownership of the properties is obtained via obtaining a special token on the Ethereum blockchain.
I personally participated in the ecosystem for about 1 year. Buying tokens and receiving daily rent (the effective yield for the real estate is about 9% to 11%). I was made to sign a lot of legal documents (which was a bit too lengthy for me to go through). I signed anyway. After around 1 year, I sold off all the tokens on Uniswap, and cashed out.
Over the next 6 years, until 2025, RealToken Inc bought more and more properties and "rented" them out to investors. They even had regular community calls with investors. Made it seem like it's a real investment.
in 2025, they were finally exposed when they were sued by the City of Detroit (see the youtube video).
The scam was finally exposed.
To keep the long story short, Crypto scams could definitely run very long and could seem very legit. So DYODD.