Bitcoin Forum
October 05, 2026, 10:41:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 31.1 [Torrent]
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is “Terminator 6” a truly disturbing and depressing film?  (Read 15 times)
Whiteronin (OP)
Jr. Member
*
Offline

Activity: 70
Merit: 5


View Profile
October 04, 2026, 05:40:18 PM
 #1

I have watched episodes T1-T4, but I didn't watch T5 and T6 because the reviews said they were both rubbish. But I have read the spoilers in Wikipedia. As far as I understand, T5 was an amateur comic book film, like X-Men, nothing interesting. But T6 seems to be a serious, art-house film from the Master Cameron. I read the spoilers and watched some flashbacks, and now I think T6 is actually a strong film, Cameron is great as usual, but T6 failed in cinemas for a different reason: it's frightening and depressing because it reminds us of the real threats of our present reality. In T3, the author made such a plot: while T2's ending suggested the heroes destroyed Skynet and saved everyone, in T3 the opposite is true - the attempt to prevent a catastrophe led to an even greater catastrophe. It can be depressing to think how humans can even win a future war, if the machines have such advanced cyborg models, while humans can't even produce an old T-850. And while it might have been possible to say that this was the T3 author's personal position, Cameron's authorship has now confirmed this plot again in T6.
In T6, as in T1, the one arriving from the future is not a robot, but a living person, only cyberized. Below you can see spoilers for the film, including scenes of war in the future, but I'd recommend maybe preparing some Corvalol and not watching everything at once:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terminator:_Dark_Fate
https://youtu.be/u8cfVyQ7LTw
https://youtu.be/R7kdUwsJngM

So, it's depressing only because when you leave the theater, you immediately remember all our current realities, in particular how AIs are rapidly improving every year...
Pages: [1]
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!