There's definitely a higher chance that one wallet software turns out to have a vulnerability at the entropy level rather than two or more at the same time.
But normally you would use the same wallet software to generate the two or three keys? I continue without understanding your point

Ah, maybe because I wrote "to store the key in a different location". Yes, that would point to a key generation in different wallets. But at the same time, you'd have the extra security of the second and third key ... even if the entropy of one of them is weak, then you'd have the better second software.
I however would proceed in the following way:
- use a single, battle proof software (Bitcoin Core preferably) to generate the keys on an airgapped device; you can use three addresses generated with three different seed phrases to handle offline storage more easily
- use the address almost exclusively to receive funds (e.g. for donations or recurring customers)
- transfer the least times possible, sign on airgapped device, and then broadcast on online device, to minimize human error rate.