Bankruptsy? That's not something new for a casino, well, for online casinos, it's rare. For physical ones, its yes. I heard lots of casinos filed bankruptsy because of the operation expenses, this happened if they just lacks marketing effort, or simply failing to attract enough customers. Well, some land based caisnos also struggle when they fail to adapt to changes in the industry, including the shift toward online gambling/casino.
Another factor I feel should be taken into account is where the physical casino is located. The success of a land based casino depends on how the players will be willing to travel to the location, and how much they will spend there; an online casino could reach out to players in various locations.
So regardless how well the casino is managed, its business could still be in trouble if the habits of its customers change, or if there are not many customers visiting the casino. For this reason, I feel it's still crucial to understand the way people are now gambling as marketing is also important.