Bitcoin Forum
October 07, 2026, 07:47:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 31.1 [Torrent]
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any reasons why I get a really slow sync?  (Read 58 times)
Mia Chloe (OP)
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 1218
Merit: 2304


Contact me for you designs...


View Profile
October 06, 2026, 08:01:46 PM
 #1

I've been using mobile Electrum for a very long time now and it really serves me quite well anyways I've been noticing weird syncing times for over a month now. When I visit my wallet it takes over a minute to resync and it's not really a network issue since I have good internet plus I don't have that much inputs too.

Just to add to this to probably narrow it down more I've been using a node from this forum for quite long now  obviously because of a much smaller relay fee. Any suggestions why I'm getting a slow sync?

hosemary
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 3276
Merit: 7389



View Profile
October 06, 2026, 08:09:45 PM
Merited by pooya87 (4), Mia Chloe (3), ABCbits (1)
 #2

Since you say you have a good internet connection, the problem is probably with the server. You can simply try connecting to other servers.


Just to add to this to probably narrow it down more I've been using a node from this forum for quite long now  obviously because of a much smaller relay fee. Any suggestions why I'm getting a slow sync?
Is your purpose to broadcast transactions with a fee rate of less than 1 sat/vbyte?
If that's the only reason why you are connecting to that specific server, you don't really have to do that. Currently, many other nodes are accepting sub 1 sat/vbyte transactions, and even if you let Electrum connect to a server automatically or you choose a random server, there's still a very good chance that the server accepts such transactions.  

Mia Chloe (OP)
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 1218
Merit: 2304


Contact me for you designs...


View Profile
October 06, 2026, 08:14:26 PM
Last edit: October 06, 2026, 08:35:37 PM by Mia Chloe
 #3

If that's the only reason why you are connecting to that specific node, you don't really have to do that. Currently, many other nodes are accepting sub 1 sat/vbyte transaction, and even if you let Electrum connect to a server automatically or choose a random server, there's still a very good chance that the server accept such transactions.  
Damn.. I did think about this but I just felt it wasn't the case even if I thought it probably had something to do with the servers and yeah you are correct it can broadcast less than a sat/vbyte but funnily although I've been using it quite long now I've barely made any broadcast less than a sat/vbyte mostly because the fees are still way small.

I'll try switching to see if there's really a difference in the sync time.
Edit there's actually a noticeable difference in sync time thanks.

promise444c5
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1214


All things are numbers


View Profile WWW
October 06, 2026, 08:18:28 PM
Merited by Mia Chloe (1)
 #4

I also guess it has to do with server just as hosemary mentioned, if not your internet..

Since your concern is about the relay fee, I think you can try another server to confirm if it’s the specific server. Once you’re done confirming and you’re sure that’s the fault is not from your device , you can send a message to the owner of the server here or comment on their thread if they have one.

That should work..

Upgrade00
Legendary
*
Online Online

Activity: 2898
Merit: 2976


Community Manager - Brand Promotions ✅


View Profile WWW
October 06, 2026, 08:20:02 PM
Merited by Mia Chloe (1)
 #5

I have brrn having the same issue for the same time frame, but only when I am connecting using a WiFi network. If I switch to the device network it syncs almost instantly after sitting idly for some minutes. I particularly faced it when trying to import a wallet into a new device. It was taking the better part of a day to restore all inputs but instantly synced when I switched the network connection.
This could just be happenstance, but you can try that if you have been using WiFi.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████▄████▄████████
███▀█████▀█▄███▄█▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀█▄██▀▀▀██▄█▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████████████████████████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄█▀██▄▄▄██▀█▄██▄████
████▄████▄█▀███▀█▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀███▀███▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
███████████████████████████
.
.Duelbits..REWARDING, BEYOND LIMITS...
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
███████████▀▀░░▀█▄░░▀████
████████▀░░░░░░░░▀█▄░████
███████░░░░▄▄░░▄░░░▀█████
██████░░░░░▀▀▄██▀░░░░████
█████░░░██░▄██▀▄▄░░░█████
████░░░░░▄██▀░░▀▀░░██████
█████▄░░▀█▀░██░░░░███████
████░▀█▄░░░░░░░░▄████████
████▄░░▀█▄░░▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀░░▀░███████████
████████░░░▄░█░██████████
███████████▌▐██░█████████
███████████░███▌▐████████
██████████░█████░████████
██████▀░▄░▀███▀░▄░▀██████
█████░▄▀░░░░█░▄▀░░░░█████
█████░░░░░░░█░░░░░░░█████
██████▄░░░▄███▄░░░▄██████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█

█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█

  PLAY NOW  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!