Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:38:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: мαℓιcєяє∂ ∂єsιgηs ››› Quality Design Service ››› Re-opening Promo!  (Read 22521 times)
MaliceRed (OP)

Activity: 311
Merit: 250

Graphics Design Guru

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2015, 05:47:21 PM

Very nice designs, there are some contests so why dont you try your skills there, sorry if I said something wrong.
Thank you very much.

But to answer your question, I respect my trade too much to do no-spec work. And I try my best to do things that wouldn't harm work for my fellow graphics designers on bitcointalk.

And it's quite fine, nothing wrong with asking a question haha.

Malice Red Designs

Logos // Branding // U.Is // Banners
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
romano1

Activity: 336

have fun

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 05:50:30 PM

Very nice designs, there are some contests so why dont you try your skills there, sorry if I said something wrong.
Thank you very much.

But to answer your question, I respect my trade too much to do no-spec work. And I try my best to do things that wouldn't harm work for my fellow graphics designers on bitcointalk.

And it's quite fine, nothing wrong with asking a question haha.

I can understand that, but dont you think contest pay too much while a separate work to a single designer will be less paid ? Just a thought
MaliceRed (OP)

Graphics Design Guru

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2015, 06:16:37 PM

Well here's the thing, I've never seen a contest on bitcointalk that actually paid a fair wage for graphics designers.

Every single one of these contest's 'prizes' are quarterly of what should be paid to a designer. And every single designer worth their weight will tell you that.

So basically, any designer who joins in these sort of contests, show other entrepreneurs and potential start-ups, that it's perfectly fine to pay 20 bucks for a company image. Thus, hurting our trade overall. If people's expectation for a service lowers, then designers need to charge lower to get clients.

And all of this under the guise of "Oh, but all the designers will get exposure and everyone wins!". No. That is absolutely untrue. The only one that wins, is the person who hosts said no-spec contest.

Even the designer that wins the contest will eventually lose, when suddenly, the only way he can make a living is by selling $5 logos and graphics. And all the people who entered that contest? They won't see a single penny of compensation for their time, and will suffer this very same situation of lowered price expectation of their trade.

So in short, Design contests, are absolutely toxic.

Companies that are willing to run them? Absolutely toxic, and will never have my business. Because it shows the lack of respect for the trade, and stinginess, and lack of ethics to expect 10 people to work for you, and only pay 1 person.

Glad to share my opinion with you on the subject!

Malice Red Designs

romano1

have fun

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 06:19:42 PM

Thank you for the important knowledge and truly said that. But the problem is that people are ready to work in cheap contest and thats the main reason that these contests are increasing day by day.
MaliceRed (OP)

Graphics Design Guru

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2015, 06:24:11 PM

Thank you for the important knowledge and truly said that. But the problem is that people are ready to work in cheap contest and that's the main reason that these contests are increasing day by day.
Yes, absolutely, I agree with you 100%.
What would have to happen is that, the talented graphics designers would have to pull away from said contests. Leaving the not so refined designers to do the work. If this were to happen, companies would shy from doing these contests.

Malice Red Designs

romano1

have fun

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 06:25:58 PM

Thank you for the important knowledge and truly said that. But the problem is that people are ready to work in cheap contest and that's the main reason that these contests are increasing day by day.
What would have to happen is that, the talented graphics designers would have to pull away from said contests. Leaving the not so refined designers to do the work. If this were to happen, companies would shy from doing these contests.

Yeah and they must understand that if they are not respecting their own work why will others ? Also a desperate designer looks unprofessional and is less likely to be given a contract Sad
MaliceRed (OP)

Graphics Design Guru

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2015, 08:58:23 PM

Yeah and they must understand that if they are not respecting their own work why will others ? Also a desperate designer looks unprofessional and is less likely to be given a contract Sad
I totally agree.

It's becoming common that businesses have been approaching me with proposals, only to pull off a no-spec contest. At that point, my respect for that entity completely goes.

And graphics designers who are willing to throw away their self respect and drown the trade are joining them for "Quick bucks". But I understand that this is a freemarket. So there's nothing I can really do, but try to spread awareness of this extremely terrible practice.

Malice Red Designs

MaliceRed (OP)

Graphics Design Guru

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2015, 06:48:40 PM

Available for projects.

Malice Red Designs

romano1

have fun

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 10:13:54 PM

I totally agree.

It's becoming common that businesses have been approaching me with proposals, only to pull off a no-spec contest. At that point, my respect for that entity completely goes.

And graphics designers who are willing to throw away their self respect and drown the trade are joining them for "Quick bucks". But I understand that this is a freemarket. So there's nothing I can really do, but try to spread awareness of this extremely terrible practice.

Glad you agreed Smiley and hope you get some works, because I personally love your work Smiley
MaliceRed (OP)

Graphics Design Guru

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2015, 04:32:06 PM

I totally agree.

Glad you agreed Smiley and hope you get some works, because I personally love your work Smiley
Hey, thanks again. You're always welcome on my thread.

Malice Red Designs

MaliceRed (OP)

Graphics Design Guru

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2015, 10:33:07 AM

Available for projects

Malice Red Designs

MaliceRed (OP)

Graphics Design Guru

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2015, 10:22:53 AM

You just can't eat when competition is selling their services for $5-$10

Malice Red Designs

sintax

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 10:29:23 AM

Yeah the services board reminds me of Freelancer.com, the competition has driven down the prices to third world levels... Nice designs btw
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 09:01:49 PM

Don't worry mate. If people are serious about having a logo made or a template and such, they will look for quality and will contact designers who deliver quality for their money.

I am extremely happy with the logo you made for me. Top designer.
MaliceRed (OP)

Graphics Design Guru

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2015, 01:19:26 AM

Hey guys, thanks a ton for the support. It seems I just have to work harder on my graphics and stand out from the rest. Still, that's pretty hard with all of the good talent on the forum. I'll try my best. Thanks again guys.

Malice Red Designs

MaliceRed (OP)

Graphics Design Guru

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2015, 06:55:07 PM

Hey guys, doing a special promotional offer to help get my name out there. I'm offering professional high quality logos, for a huge price reduction, doing only 0.1Ƀ per logo. I'm only extending this offer for the next 3 logo commissions, so if you were thinking of hiring me for a logo before, now would be an excellent time to see what I could do.

Thanks.

Malice Red Designs

zccopwrx

Activity: 306
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 07:08:02 PM

make that only 2 commissions left Cheesy

MaliceRed (OP)

Graphics Design Guru

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2015, 07:19:12 AM

Available for 2 more logos.

Malice Red Designs

manekari

Activity: 455

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 09:55:26 AM

Available for 2 more logos.

I will take one logo.

Please add me over skype : manekari

Will give complete logo details.

Smiley
MaliceRed (OP)

Graphics Design Guru

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2015, 01:18:27 PM

Huge apology to Manekari, for not being able to complete the specified logo in the provided time frame. I will offer a extreme reduction to the price for the next project Manekari starts with me, if that happens.

As a result, there is one available logo for the huge price reduction if anyone wants to give me a shot.

Malice Red Designs

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: