Bitcoin Forum
October 11, 2026, 03:30:11 PM *
News: Serious possible issue involving Ledger hardware wallets and CryptoBilis
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What's the presidential candidates view on crypto?  (Read 109 times)
Comeacross (OP)
Full Member
***
Offline

Activity: 308
Merit: 128



View Profile
October 07, 2026, 04:33:47 PM
Merited by CryptopreneurBrainboss (1)
 #1

The election period is getting closer day by day. I want us to examine and compare what the front runners for the office of the President of FRN have to say on cryptocurrency. Crypto is like the oil money for Nigerian youths now, it allows some of us to earn a living legally through various methods. I think it's not a bad idea to cast our votes based on who we believe will make the crypto industry more favourable to us.

I will only take 3 runners into account because I believe one among them stand a good chance to become the next president. The three candidates are president Tinubu of APC, Atiku of ADC and Obi of NDC. No doubt, the giant PDP and LP is now a minority party.

1. Tinubu has promised to reform government policy to encourage prudent use of blockchain technology in finance and banking. This was his manifesto on this subject before coming into power in 2023 and he's planning on expanding them if he wins again.

So far, we've seen many crypto laws signed since he assumed office. The CBN ban was lifted too. To be fair, he made a soft landing for crypto users even though some challenges were faced too that led to some exchanges seized their operations. The good news is some of them have returned and hopefully they'll resume full operation like before. Who knows whether we are going to witness it if he wins again?

2. Atiku promised to promote comprehensive policy on blockchain and cryptocurrency. This was his manifesto when he was a PDP candidate in the last election. Nothing change yet except that he wants to restore subsidy which is against his 2023 words. All the presidential candidates in the last election actually wanted subsidy removed if they win.

3. Obi has promised to focus on youth tech and digital economy. The official website created for campaign donation also feature crypto and that might be worth some green light.

Please take note, this is not about endorsing any candidate. Keep everything you're going to say crypto related and how or which candidate you think would give us a more crypto friendly economy.

Charles-Tim
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 2422
Merit: 6586


Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform


View Profile
October 07, 2026, 05:44:30 PM
 #2

What Nigerians need most is a president that will improve the economy, increase quality of living and that will make inflation to remain as minimal as possible in a way it will be barley noticable.

You can see the present president that is crypto friendly, but you can see what happened in other areas. The crypto regulations did not really favour us we citizens than money that the government will earn money from us through crypto taxes.

I am not implying that paying tax is not good, but I did not see any benefits from the crypto regulations that I have not been enjoying before.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████
▀▀███████▀████████████████████████████████████████
██████████
▀██▄▄████▄██▐████▀▀███████████▀▀████████████████████
█████████
▌██▐██████▌██████▌█▐█████████████▐███████████████████
█████████
▌█████████▄▄▄██████▀▀▀▀███████▌█████▀████████████████
██████████
▄███▀███████▀▀██████▄██████████▐█▀█▄███▀▀███████████
████████████
▄▄███▀▀██▄▄▄▄██▐███▀██▄█▐█▌██▀█▄██▀██▄▄███████████
████████████████
▄▄███▀██▌███████▄█▌███████▐██▌███▀█▄██████████
██████████
▀███▄███████████▐██▌█▐████████▐██▐████▄██▀██████████
█████████
▌██▄███████████▄████▄████▄██▄██████▀▄█████▄▀█████████
█████████
▌██▀███▀▀███▄█████████████████████▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▄█████████
██████████
▄██████▄▄██████████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

 🎰  🎲 ..Play Smarter.. 🏀  ⚽ ..Play Now..
Tonimez
Sr. Member
****
Offline

Activity: 686
Merit: 366



View Profile
October 07, 2026, 07:15:04 PM
Merited by CryptopreneurBrainboss (3)
 #3

It's not about giving manifestoes, it's about keeping their words after winning. The present government has been making some reforms to that effect but we all can see that all his actions is only going towards tax collection.  Voting him for second term on the ground of favouring crypto trading is going to be the scam of the century because when he comes for that second term, he will unleash the real policy that will be strict on the crypto traders.

I don't also believe the words of the ADC candidate because he has several records of corruption and lies. Same person who kicked against subsidy now wants to return subsidy if he returns, how does that make him trustworthy? I see Atiku as someone who only wants to win election to fulfill his ego not that he knows what to offer.

The third option is the NDC candidate Peter Obi who's known as Mr integrity. His promise may be taken more seriously because he is coming for pure economic reformation and I'm sure he will touch every aspect of the economy including cryptocurrency policies. He has talked about cutting down the cost of governance and various economic strategies. So if I'm to say, I will say that he is the only one that may be trusted amongst the three to deliver a better economy. But he doesn't seem to stand a chance even though nothing is impossible.











██
██
██████
R


▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
██████
██
██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████████████
 
 THE #1 SOLANA CASINO 
██████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████▄
▀▀██████▀▀███
██▄▄▀▀▄▄█████
█████████████
█████████████
███▀█████████
▀▄▄██████████
█████████████
█████████████
█████████████
█████████████
█████████████
████████████▀
████████████▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
█████████████
▄████████████
██▄██████████
████▄████████
█████████████
█░▀▀█████████
▀▀███████████
█████▄███████
████▀▄▀██████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
████████████▀
[
[
5,000+
GAMES
INSTANT
WITHDRAWALS
][
][
HUGE
   REWARDS   
VIP
PROGRAM
]
]
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████████████████████████
 
PLAY NOW
 

████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
Mayor of ogba
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 1162
Merit: 594


Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform


View Profile
October 07, 2026, 07:42:27 PM
 #4

I don't care what Nigeria presidential candidates say in their manifesto and I won't use what they say in their manifesto to cast my vote come 2027 presidential election because they don't usually do what is in their manifesto when elected. Bola Ahmed Tinubu has nothing to offer to Nigerians if he eventually becomes the president of Nigeria for the second time he will implement the new tax reform,  remove electricity subsidy, and make Nigeria a living hell for the common man, Atiku wants to become president just to embezzle public funds and enrich himself, Peter Obi is the only one that I see that have vision for Nigeria so whether he have agenda of improving the use of bitcoin and crypto in Nigeria or not I have already reserved my vote for him.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████
▀▀███████▀████████████████████████████████████████
██████████
▀██▄▄████▄██▐████▀▀███████████▀▀████████████████████
█████████
▌██▐██████▌██████▌█▐█████████████▐███████████████████
█████████
▌█████████▄▄▄██████▀▀▀▀███████▌█████▀████████████████
██████████
▄███▀███████▀▀██████▄██████████▐█▀█▄███▀▀███████████
████████████
▄▄███▀▀██▄▄▄▄██▐███▀██▄█▐█▌██▀█▄██▀██▄▄███████████
████████████████
▄▄███▀██▌███████▄█▌███████▐██▌███▀█▄██████████
██████████
▀███▄███████████▐██▌█▐████████▐██▐████▄██▀██████████
█████████
▌██▄███████████▄████▄████▄██▄██████▀▄█████▄▀█████████
█████████
▌██▀███▀▀███▄█████████████████████▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▄█████████
██████████
▄██████▄▄██████████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

 🎰  🎲 ..Play Smarter.. 🏀  ⚽ ..Play Now..
Comeacross (OP)
Full Member
***
Offline

Activity: 308
Merit: 128



View Profile
October 08, 2026, 05:00:24 PM
 #5

It's not about giving manifestoes, it's about keeping their words after winning. The present government has been making some reforms to that effect but we all can see that all his actions is only going towards tax collection.  Voting him for second term on the ground of favouring crypto trading is going to be the scam of the century because when he comes for that second term, he will unleash the real policy that will be strict on the crypto traders.

I don't also believe the words of the ADC candidate because he has several records of corruption and lies. Same person who kicked against subsidy now wants to return subsidy if he returns, how does that make him trustworthy? I see Atiku as someone who only wants to win election to fulfill his ego not that he knows what to offer.

The third option is the NDC candidate Peter Obi who's known as Mr integrity. His promise may be taken more seriously because he is coming for pure economic reformation and I'm sure he will touch every aspect of the economy including cryptocurrency policies. He has talked about cutting down the cost of governance and various economic strategies. So if I'm to say, I will say that he is the only one that may be trusted amongst the three to deliver a better economy. But he doesn't seem to stand a chance even though nothing is impossible.

I agree with you on this sha and it's one problem that most politicians have in common. They can make promises from now till tomorrow but some of the promises becomes a thing of past once they assume office.

I agree Tinubu focus on tax collection but that's not strange, he's doing as he promised. In his manifesto, he promised to reform revenue collection and that's include appropriate tax collection. The problem with some of us is that we don't even care to read about the manifesto of the party we want to vote in order to know how their policies would affect us. So, he's keeping his promise on this one probably because it favor government.

I agree with you on Atiku. He's inconsistent with his policies but on the aspect of corruption, I don't think there's any saint politician in Nigeria.

On Peter Obi, I don't know what is plan is yet but there's no clear view on crypto from them. The Tinubu and Atiku manifesto clearly talk about making policy on blockchain but we don't see from Obi party yet even in the previous election. Promises matter even if they are not being kept because we can use it against them. I respect your choice thou.

I am not implying that paying tax is not good, but I did not see any benefits from the crypto regulations that I have not been enjoying before.

Yes, no one will complain about the tax if they are being put to good use.

Alonso_
Full Member
***
Offline

Activity: 420
Merit: 225



View Profile
October 09, 2026, 07:43:56 AM
 #6

Omg! I’m tired of hearing or reading what Nigerian Presidential candidates have Promised Nigerias in terms of Cryptocurrency and blockchain technology and everything else involved in their Promises, do you really think this people would do anything good or keeping their promises, first of all Tinubu is doing whatever he likes as a President’ he has the power to do whatever he likes in Nigeria and nobody will question his decisions, but in the Western World a President can’t just make a decision and it works for him always, But in Nigeria the Senate and the court is there to give them whatever approval they require, this single scenario is why this people can’t keep their promises to the citizens, it’s easier said than done so don’t allow any of the President candidates to deceive you with their fake promises.

However while casting my vote I’m not going to be voting because of Promises, I’m going to vote for someone who I feel have potential to restructure the Nigeria economy, that would prioritize protecting of lives and properties, someone who can develop Nigeria and build infrastructure and provide employment for the people.

Roseline492
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 1162
Merit: 594



View Profile WWW
October 10, 2026, 03:19:21 PM
 #7

Crypto is like the oil money for Nigerian youths now, it allows some of us to earn a living legally through various methods. I think it's not a bad idea to cast our votes based on who we believe will make the crypto industry more favourable to us.

Although Nigeria is not the United State government were people support based on who loves cryptocurrency more because there nation is already established and one person doesn't detect there law even if he is the president but is contrary to Nigeria because anybody who becomes the leader has the final say on everything so actually considering this fact we shouldn't support based on cryptocurrency friendly but we should support based on the ambition for change in the country because what if the wrong person that would make the country become poorer is the one that's cryptocurrency friendly, what do you think will happen to the country?.

 
█▄
R


▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT▀█ 
  THE #1 SOLANA CASINO  
████████████▄
▀▀██████▀▀███
██▄▄▀▀▄▄█████
█████████████
█████████████
███▀█████████
▀▄▄██████████
█████████████
█████████████
█████████████
█████████████
█████████████
████████████▀
████████████▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
█████████████
▄████████████
██▄██████████
████▄████████
█████████████
█░▀▀█████████
▀▀███████████
█████▄███████
████▀▄▀██████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
████████████▀
........5,000+........
GAMES
 
......INSTANT......
WITHDRAWALS
..........HUGE..........
REWARDS
 
............VIP............
PROGRAM
 .
   PLAY NOW    
Promocodeudo
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 1274
Merit: 750


NO DEPO CODE VEGAR7, NO KYC Casino


View Profile WWW
October 10, 2026, 04:09:42 PM
 #8

Crypto is like the oil money for Nigerian youths now, it allows some of us to earn a living legally through various methods. I think it's not a bad idea to cast our votes based on who we believe will make the crypto industry more favourable to us.
Although Nigeria is not the United State government were people support based on who loves cryptocurrency more because there nation is already established and one person doesn't detect there law even if he is the president but is contrary to Nigeria because anybody who becomes the leader has the final say on everything so actually considering this fact we shouldn't support based on cryptocurrency friendly but we should support based on the ambition for change in the country because what if the wrong person that would make the country become poorer is the one that's cryptocurrency friendly, what do you think will happen to the country?.
Although I would've direct on this question, which is for the op, who among the 3 candidates do he think can come up with favourable policies as it concern cryptocurrency (Bitcoin), it can never be beTinubu cause his plans are direct which we have seen, Tax this and tax that, I don't know about Atiku, but peter Obi as someone who has been in the banking industry for sometime, might be better in term of making policies that can be of positive influence to cryptocurrency, note, I'm not in anyone campaigning for any candidate, I'm just airing my views that all, although we shouldn't support any candidate based on this, there many things lacking in our country, our support should be based on the vision of each candidate, and what they can offer in terms of human capital development, economic growth, and other areas that requires reform.

██████
██
██

████████████████
███████████████
██████████████
██████████████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄███████▌██▄▄████▄██
█████████████▄██▀▀▀▀██▄██▄███▀███████▄██▀▀▀▀███
████████████▐██▄▄▄▄▄▄██▌▐██▀███████▌▐███████▐██
████████████▐██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▐██▄███████▌▐██▄████▐██
█████████████▀██▄▄▄▄█████▀███▄▄▄██▀██▀██▄▄▄▄███
███████▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄▌███▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀
████████████████████████████▄███▄██
███████████████████████████▀█████▀










██
██
██████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
│ 
  150 FS NO DEPOSIT BONUS ..... Subscribe to Our Telegram ( > ) .....   PLAY NOW   
│
Iamgoat
Full Member
***
Offline

Activity: 868
Merit: 162



View Profile
October 10, 2026, 05:19:33 PM
 #9

I don't care what Nigeria presidential candidates say in their manifesto and I won't use what they say in their manifesto to cast my vote come 2027 presidential election because they don't usually do what is in their manifesto when elected. Bola Ahmed Tinubu has nothing to offer to Nigerians if he eventually becomes the president of Nigeria for the second time he will implement the new tax reform,  remove electricity subsidy, and make Nigeria a living hell for the common man, Atiku wants to become president just to embezzle public funds and enrich himself, Peter Obi is the only one that I see that have vision for Nigeria so whether he have agenda of improving the use of bitcoin and crypto in Nigeria or not I have already reserved my vote for him.
I really share same sentiments with you. Only a few of our politicians do honor their so called manifesto where they promise heaven in earth but end up doing whatever pleases them once they have the position of power. Instead of working on the mandate of the people, they begin to look at how to compensate their fellow politicians with positions of power and influence and it is usually the beginning of their failure in public service delivery because when they are supposed to focus on the growth and development of the country which includes the people at large, they instead turn to focus on the growth and development of their cabals and their pockets, derailing from their campaign promises and manifestos, this is why I don’t rate any of their so called campaign manifesto during campaigns and seeking for elections.

Proty
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 882
Merit: 512



View Profile
October 10, 2026, 09:03:01 PM
 #10

There is one thing about politicians, especially in Nigeria , is that they don't keep to their campaign promises after winning elections. So, among the three presidential aspirants  mentioned, I cannot say for sure if anyone of them can be able to keep their promises on cryptocurrency.
However aside this crypto related policies, the  economy of the country is something that is also important. The adminstration has taken a good step when it comes to cryptocurrency, but there is high rate of inflation and taxes which is making it difficult for people to survive. Making a friendly crypto policy is good but the economy also needs to be stable for people to be able to get their basic needs. Because the people may not actually benefit from these crypto policies because of bad economy.

Majestic-milf
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 1680
Merit: 765



View Profile
Today at 12:21:31 PM
 #11

What Nigerians need most is a president that will improve the economy, increase quality of living and that will make inflation to remain as minimal as possible in a way it will be barley noticable.

You can see the present president that is crypto friendly, but you can see what happened in other areas. The crypto regulations did not really favour us we citizens than money that the government will earn money from us through crypto taxes.

I am not implying that paying tax is not good, but I did not see any benefits from the crypto regulations that I have not been enjoying before.
I gree with this your point here. How I see am nah be say where the economy don stable every other thing go fall in place because no be to get person wey dey crypto friendly but nothing e dey change or help.
Now wey we don dey near the election period, nah so promises go dey fly up and down like drone without control and I read where the sitting president decide to place discount on subsidy through the Nigerian National Petroleum Company( NNPC), although nah temporary something but still e just look like their pattern wen them dey use buy gullible citizens.


░░░░██████████████░░░░░▄▄███████████░░░░░░▄████████████░█████░░░▄███████▀
░░░░█████████████░░░░▄██████████████░░░░▄██████████████░█████░▄███████▀
░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████░░▄██████▀▀▀▀▀█████░░▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░████████████▀
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░█████▀░░░░░░█████░██████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████▀
▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄███████░░█████████████████░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████▄
█████▄▄▄███████▀
░░░█████████████████░█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░████████████▄
█████████████▀
░░░░░████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████░██████████████████░█████░▀███████▄
██████████▀▀
░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░░█████░██████████████████░█████░░░▀███████▄
.com
.
...🎰 100 FreeSpins | No Wager ... Instant Rakeback + VIP Transfer ... ⚽ Sport's Welcome Pack | Risk-Free ....PLAY NOW..
[/center]
Pages: [1]
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!