Bitcoin Forum
October 09, 2026, 03:07:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 31.1 [Torrent]
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Brave Browser Wallet?  (Read 136 times)
julerz12 (OP)
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1720


A swap that needs a hand? zeto.cash@proton.me


View Profile WWW
October 08, 2026, 02:00:27 AM
Merited by Charles-Tim (1)
 #1

Has anybody here used this one? I'm just curious about it, so I tried using it (didn't really spend any BTC; just opened the wallet to see what's in it)
Features that some might actually care about:
* It supports a lot of blockchains (including BTC)
* Allows you to generate 12 or 24 word seed phrases
* Allows you to import an account (through its private key - I don't recommend doing this Cheesy) or by connecting your hardware wallet
* Has a built-in market tracker - Explore page A page to check to see if the market is red or green.
* Has a swap & bridge feature Haven't tried this, and there are only a few providers listed
* Buy crypto/BTC via your good 'ol visa/mastercard

What I don't like:
* Can't send to many (or make multi-output transactions)
* Can't import a watch-only wallet, let alone build a transaction for it
* It's basically a hot wallet (unless you put this browser on an air-gapped laptop, which at that point, just use Electrum)  Grin
* Also, when it generated a 24-word seed phrase, it generated two words twice? IDK if this is fine or not


This is not a sponsored post for Brave Wallet (or was it Brave Browser Wallet?). Tongue

Strongkored
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1139


View Profile
October 08, 2026, 05:31:28 AM
 #2

I haven't used it yet.
What about transaction fees, are there options, or is it a fixed rate set by the wallet?

For me, even though I have control for the private keys, existing wallet feels far more trustworthy, and Electrum remains my choice for Bitcoin, though I might consider Brave Wallet if I needed support for multiple chains.
Charles-Tim
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 2422
Merit: 6585


Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform


View Profile
October 08, 2026, 08:01:46 AM
 #3

I do not like wallets with terms of service.

Quote
Modification of Terms of Use
Brave reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any of the Terms of Use, or change, suspend, or discontinue the Service (including without limitation, the availability of any feature, database, or content) at any time by posting a notice on the Brave websites or Service or by sending you an email. Brave may also impose limits on certain features and services or restrict your access to parts or all of the Service without notice or liability. It is your responsibility to check the Terms of Use periodically for changes. Your continued use of the Service following the posting of any changes to the Terms of Use constitutes acceptance of those changes.

Quote
Termination
Brave may terminate your access to all or any part of the Service at any time if you fail to comply with these Terms of Use, which may result in the forfeiture and destruction of all information associated with your account.

Quote
Acceptance of Terms
Brave may, in its sole discretion, refuse to offer the Service to any person or entity and change its eligibility criteria at any time. This provision is void where prohibited by law and the right to access the Service is revoked in such jurisdictions.

Why is it that among the coin that anyone want to include while creating the wallet, solana and ethereum can not be unchecked, while bitcoin can be unchecked? Are they advertising for solana and ethereum? I do not like the kind of wallet that will not let people know how important bitcoin is while make other coins kind of more relevant.

Although, the wallet is open source. Some people might like it. It is an online wallet, it is better it should be used with very little amount of money.

Brave browser encourage ads, but which you will manually enable to be get paid a small peanut amount of money as you watch ads. Ads should be discouraged.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████
▀▀███████▀████████████████████████████████████████
██████████
▀██▄▄████▄██▐████▀▀███████████▀▀████████████████████
█████████
▌██▐██████▌██████▌█▐█████████████▐███████████████████
█████████
▌█████████▄▄▄██████▀▀▀▀███████▌█████▀████████████████
██████████
▄███▀███████▀▀██████▄██████████▐█▀█▄███▀▀███████████
████████████
▄▄███▀▀██▄▄▄▄██▐███▀██▄█▐█▌██▀█▄██▀██▄▄███████████
████████████████
▄▄███▀██▌███████▄█▌███████▐██▌███▀█▄██████████
██████████
▀███▄███████████▐██▌█▐████████▐██▐████▄██▀██████████
█████████
▌██▄███████████▄████▄████▄██▄██████▀▄█████▄▀█████████
█████████
▌██▀███▀▀███▄█████████████████████▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▄█████████
██████████
▄██████▄▄██████████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

 🎰  🎲 ..Play Smarter.. 🏀  ⚽ ..Play Now..
RGBTC
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1153


Vega.Bet


View Profile WWW
October 08, 2026, 11:55:09 AM
Merited by julerz12 (1)
 #4

I use Brave occasionally, but I’ve never been interested in using its wallet. However, I think it’s better than Telegram’s in-app wallet.

* Also, when it generated a 24-word seed phrase, it generated two words twice? IDK if this is fine or not
In this context, it is safe. https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/59904/does-bip39-mnemonic-construction-avoid-repeating-words
Afaik, Even when aiming for 128 bits of entropy (12 words) under the BIP39 standard, word repetition can occur.

.◼.◼.Vega.bet.◼.◼.██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

...100 FS + 750% BONUS..MAX.WIN.$5,000...

███...FAST PAYOUTS  |  NO KYC  |  10% LOSSBACK...███
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

...Play Now...
BitMaxz
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 4130
Merit: 3694


#kycfree ❎


View Profile WWW
October 08, 2026, 01:03:05 PM
 #5

I created a Brave wallet a few months ago. I thought I could transfer BAT tokens, but I ended up not being able to withdraw my earnings because my KYC was rejected. 
I never use it for any other crypto; I just created mine because of the BAT token earnings.

I don't think a browser-based wallet like this one is safe, but it works just the same as MetaMask, I think.

JeromeTash
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1602


Heisenberg


View Profile
October 08, 2026, 07:25:06 PM
 #6

Is this different from the brave reward wallet thingy we used to have back then? I think they even had people do KYC to claim their results. That was probably the time Brave's popularity started skydiving on top of getting acquired by Binance

People now have so many alternatives, and if it's not open source for a start. I am not touching it.

* Also, when it generated a 24-word seed phrase, it generated two words twice? IDK if this is fine or not
This has ever happened to me too with a certain wallet software, and it's Ok.

TryNinja
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 3710
Merit: 11231


@ List of no-KYC websites: https://bitlist.co


View Profile WWW
October 08, 2026, 07:45:35 PM
 #7

But why though?

This works very well:

Electrum for BTC
Rabby for Ethereum and co (all other chains)
Phantom for Solana

All in-wallet swaps charge an extra fee, just use any instant swap or dex.

▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄███████▀▀██████▀▀███████▄
█████▀██████████████▀█████
████████▄▄██████▄▄████▀███

██████████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████▄▄██████
██▀▀██████████████████▄▄██
██████▀▀██████████████▀▀██
██████████████████████████
███▄████▀▀██████▀▀████████
█████▄██████████████▄█████
▀███████▄▄██████▄▄███████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
 
 DΞX.fo 
▄▄██████
█████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
█████████
▀▀██████

▄███████
▄██████████
████████████
█████████████
█████████████
|
▄▄█
▄████▀
▄███▀█▄
▄██▀█▄██
█████▀▀█
████████
████████
▀██▄████
▄████▄▄█
▄█████▀███
▄█████▀████▀
█████▀███████
▀██▀█████████
|..BTC......XMR...
..USDT.....LTC...
....Fees  0.8%.....
boyptc
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 3878
Merit: 713


www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games


View Profile
October 08, 2026, 10:48:25 PM
 #8

I created a Brave wallet a few months ago. I thought I could transfer BAT tokens, but I ended up not being able to withdraw my earnings because my KYC was rejected.  
I never use it for any other crypto; I just created mine because of the BAT token earnings.

I don't think a browser-based wallet like this one is safe, but it works just the same as MetaMask, I think.
Now I remember this, I also have used brave for a while for the BAT tokens but it has never been redeemed. So no BAT tokens for me, that promo died down eventually.

This wallet offer convenience because there's no need to download a browser extension just like metamask. It's integrated with the browser itself. But not a good idea to keep large amounts.

Brave browser encourage ads, but which you will manually enable to be get paid a small peanut amount of money as you watch ads. Ads should be discouraged.
I was encouraged in viewing those ads for the bat tokens but I turned that off. I don't see them anymore and we see ads I think if you turn on the brave news because that is where they insert it. I managed to turn it off and I no longer receive any ads. It's easy to do that through a new tab and instructions are found online.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
█████▄▀███▄███▄███▀▄█████
█████▄█▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄█▄█████
████▀▀██▀███▀███▀██▀▀████
█████▄█████████████▄█████
████████▀███████▀████████
█████▀█████████████▀█████
████▄▄██▄██▄█▄██▄██▄▄████
█████▀█▀███▀▄████▀█▀█████
█████▀▄███▀███▀███▄▀█████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
.
 CRYPTOGAMES 
.
 Catch the winning spirit! 
│█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
│██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
│██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
│
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
BABY SHOES
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 1204
Merit: 720


HODL - BTC


View Profile
October 08, 2026, 10:51:55 PM
 #9

Is this different from the brave reward wallet thingy we used to have back then? I think they even had people do KYC to claim their results. That was probably the time Brave's popularity started skydiving on top of getting acquired by Binance
Maybe that was before... if they want to claim the BAT token, they have to do KYC in uphold, now it's different that payments can be through self-custody on the Solana chain, making it easier for users, but I myself have never done it because I am not a Brave user.
[1] https://brave.com/blog/payouts-on-solana/

-----------------------------------
I've tried opening Brave wallet, nothing special, for EVM wallet keep using Metamask better, for BTC tranksaksi use, better electrum or Bluewallet its android version.

██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
.SHUFFLE.COM..███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
.
...Next Generation Crypto Casino...
Charles-Tim
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 2422
Merit: 6585


Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform


View Profile
October 08, 2026, 11:17:16 PM
 #10

* Also, when it generated a 24-word seed phrase, it generated two words twice? IDK if this is fine or not
This has ever happened to me too with a certain wallet software, and it's Ok.
Yes, it has also happened to me before when I was learning how I can generate seed phrase from entropy. The first seed phrase that was generated had 2 same words.

It has also happened to me before when I was using 24 word seed phrase.

But since I have been using 12 words which is enough, I have not seed two words among.

It does not reduce the security.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████
▀▀███████▀████████████████████████████████████████
██████████
▀██▄▄████▄██▐████▀▀███████████▀▀████████████████████
█████████
▌██▐██████▌██████▌█▐█████████████▐███████████████████
█████████
▌█████████▄▄▄██████▀▀▀▀███████▌█████▀████████████████
██████████
▄███▀███████▀▀██████▄██████████▐█▀█▄███▀▀███████████
████████████
▄▄███▀▀██▄▄▄▄██▐███▀██▄█▐█▌██▀█▄██▀██▄▄███████████
████████████████
▄▄███▀██▌███████▄█▌███████▐██▌███▀█▄██████████
██████████
▀███▄███████████▐██▌█▐████████▐██▐████▄██▀██████████
█████████
▌██▄███████████▄████▄████▄██▄██████▀▄█████▄▀█████████
█████████
▌██▀███▀▀███▄█████████████████████▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▄█████████
██████████
▄██████▄▄██████████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

 🎰  🎲 ..Play Smarter.. 🏀  ⚽ ..Play Now..
BitMaxz
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 4130
Merit: 3694


#kycfree ❎


View Profile WWW
October 08, 2026, 11:21:29 PM
 #11

Now I remember this, I also have used brave for a while for the BAT tokens but it has never been redeemed. So no BAT tokens for me, that promo died down eventually.

This wallet offer convenience because there's no need to download a browser extension, just like MetaMask. It's integrated with the browser itself. But not a good idea to keep large amounts.

Well, that's the only reason why I just use the Brave Wallet but ended up rejected even using a VPN to bypass.

Since the Brave browser works on Linux, maybe it is much safer to use on the Linux OS than using the Brave Wallet in Windows. It also supports MAC. I can't trust Windows nowadays because my laptop that I currently use seems controlled by someone or added by an organization. I can't even disable my AV. Planning to reformat my laptop because I feel that I am infected after my Kaspersky expired.

joniboini
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1934


#kycfree ❎


View Profile WWW
Today at 04:01:00 AM
 #12

I've tried opening Brave wallet, nothing special, for EVM wallet keep using Metamask better, for BTC tranksaksi use, better electrum or Bluewallet its android version.
It seems you have a typo there. You might want to fix that.

I have a Brave installed on one of my device but ended up not using many of their features too, including the wallet. I might use it if I needed to make a new wallet on the fly for whatever reason, but I don't think that days will come soon.

I can't even disable my AV. Planning to reformat my laptop because I feel that I am infected after my Kaspersky expired.
What features Kaspersky has that makes your device safe though? As far as my experience goes, Windows Defender is decent and there's no need for additional AV software.

boyptc
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 3878
Merit: 713


www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games


View Profile
Today at 05:06:28 AM
 #13

Now I remember this, I also have used brave for a while for the BAT tokens but it has never been redeemed. So no BAT tokens for me, that promo died down eventually.

This wallet offer convenience because there's no need to download a browser extension, just like MetaMask. It's integrated with the browser itself. But not a good idea to keep large amounts.

Well, that's the only reason why I just use the Brave Wallet but ended up rejected even using a VPN to bypass.
The irony is that, they already have their own VPN right now which is also attached to the browser itself and everyone can have a 7-day trial.

I haven't tried it yet.

Since the Brave browser works on Linux, maybe it is much safer to use on the Linux OS than using the Brave Wallet in Windows. It also supports MAC. I can't trust Windows nowadays because my laptop that I currently use seems controlled by someone or added by an organization. I can't even disable my AV. Planning to reformat my laptop because I feel that I am infected after my Kaspersky expired.
Diagnose and have it scanned for a couple of minutes. It might take time but it's worth it for seeing if there were some files that you've missed became infected.

I agree with joniboini, windows defender is already enough and no need to download any other AVs. The rest is on how you use your PC and careful with what you install.

But on this one, you do yourself a favor on which you think you're comfortable with and gives you peace of mind.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
█████▄▀███▄███▄███▀▄█████
█████▄█▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄█▄█████
████▀▀██▀███▀███▀██▀▀████
█████▄█████████████▄█████
████████▀███████▀████████
█████▀█████████████▀█████
████▄▄██▄██▄█▄██▄██▄▄████
█████▀█▀███▀▄████▀█▀█████
█████▀▄███▀███▀███▄▀█████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
.
 CRYPTOGAMES 
.
 Catch the winning spirit! 
│█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
│██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
│██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
│
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
julerz12 (OP)
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1720


A swap that needs a hand? zeto.cash@proton.me


View Profile WWW
Today at 05:09:58 AM
 #14

I haven't used it yet.
What about transaction fees, are there options, or is it a fixed rate set by the wallet?
Transaction fees are the same as with most popular Web3 wallets like Metamask/Phantom: fees to pay the miners/validators, swap fees to liquidity providers, etc.

Why is it that among the coin that anyone want to include while creating the wallet, solana and ethereum can not be unchecked, while bitcoin can be unchecked? Are they advertising for solana and ethereum? I do not like the kind of wallet that will not let people know how important bitcoin is while make other coins kind of more relevant.
Probably because the wallet was built first for those blockchains, and they just added support for BTC on top of it. cmiiw

Is this different from the brave reward wallet thingy we used to have back then? I think they even had people do KYC to claim their results. That was probably the time Brave's popularity started skydiving on top of getting acquired by Binance
Yep, Brave Reward is different - that's where you earn those BAT tokens from the ads. This one, well, it's a self-custodial wallet/portfolio manager.

But why though?
Yeah, not for me, too, but I'm just curious if anybody here used it, especially since it's like an all-in-one wallet (supports BTC).  Cheesy

Rabby for Ethereum and co (all other chains)
Interesting, is it this one?
Code:
https://rabby.io/

I've only ever used MetaMask for ETH (and its siblings Grin).  Is it better than MetaMask? Maybe I should try it out, too.

Karl_3000
Full Member
***
Offline

Activity: 434
Merit: 213


I’m drunk on bitcoin


View Profile WWW
Today at 06:54:07 AM
 #15

Since the Brave browser works on Linux, maybe it is much safer to use on the Linux OS than using the Brave Wallet in Windows. It also supports MAC. I can't trust Windows nowadays because my laptop that I currently use seems controlled by someone or added by an organization. I can't even disable my AV. Planning to reformat my laptop because I feel that I am infected after my Kaspersky expired.
Linux are open source operating systems which is a very good reason anyone that like privacy may want to use anyone among them. But when it comes to security, Linux is not better, you have to be careful yourself. Linux is more vulnerable to malware than Windows but so far they are all online, consider all not to be excellent until you know the perfect way you will handle your device security.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!