Bitcoin Forum
October 08, 2026, 07:45:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 31.1 [Torrent]
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to Avoid the Fake Alert P2P Scam (Simple Sketch)  (Read 140 times)
Son $f Grace (OP)
Jr. Member
*
Offline

Activity: 34
Merit: 4

Mercy Of God 🙇❤️‍&#129


View Profile
Today at 09:58:07 AM
 #1


Good day my fellow country people. I notice say scammers don Dey try new tricks now for P2P so me I decide to sketch simple drawing to take save person today.
Fake alert 🚨 na one of the biggest trap now wea scammers they use. Wetin them Dey do na to just send you fake payment receipt or bank fake SMS, them go pressure you make you release coin as he Dey hot.
Once you fall for this SMS or alert and you con release the crypto, you money don go be that.   

                 

The golden rule
Make you no believe or trust any text messages or screenshot. Make sure say you open your bank app yourself, make you check your balance before you Gó release.
No allow any body rush you make you release your coin.

STAY SAFE OUT THERE (Son $f Grace cares)
Decimetre
Full Member
***
Offline

Activity: 266
Merit: 141


Bitcoin has come to stay


View Profile
Today at 10:24:03 AM
 #2

The issue of fake alerts should have been very familiar with everyone right now because it has been so rampant and everyone must have heard one or two stories about it. SMS alerts cannot be trusted especially in your P2P where your phone number is also contained. I met a guy who told me how easy it is for anyone to send a fake alert using even a small phone when he has your number already.

Check and confirm from your mobile app. Many of them go by mounting pressure and if you don't take care, you will end up releasing your coins to the scammer. They can also send an incomplete amount and upload as evidence. You have to confirm your balance and then go to your transaction history to confirm that the amount that came in is equal to the amount on your transaction order.

Ummeettaa
Full Member
***
Online Online

Activity: 126
Merit: 114


View Profile
Today at 10:27:54 AM
 #3


Good day my fellow country people. I notice say scammers don Dey try new tricks now for P2P so me I decide to sketch simple drawing to take save person today.
Fake alert 🚨 na one of the biggest trap now wea scammers they use. Wetin them Dey do na to just send you fake payment receipt or bank fake SMS, them go pressure you make you release coin as he Dey hot.
Once you fall for this SMS or alert and you con release the crypto, you money don go be that.   

                 

The golden rule
Make you no believe or trust any text messages or screenshot. Make sure say you open your bank app yourself, make you check your balance before you Gó release.
No allow any body rush you make you release your coin.

STAY SAFE OUT THERE (Son $f Grace cares)

Being a member of this forum and falling for this kind of scams should be a disappointment, they have in many occasions warn about such things unless the person is a new member, or is not an active member of the forum.

As a Nigerian, one should also be able to prevent those kind of screenshot or sms scams, because it's what we have been hearing and seeing everyday, even if it has not happen to the person before, there might be someone close that might have been a victim of such scams.

I will advise that when a transaction transfer is being done to one's  account, the person should send the said sum out of the account as a confirmation before releasing the coin, i guess that will definitely confirm if it's  a fake transfer or not.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ★  ★  ★  ★  ★  ★  ★  ★  ★  ★  ★ ☆  ☆  ☆  ☆  ☆  ☆  ☆  ☆  ☆  ☆  ☆  ★  ★  ★  ★  ★  ★  ★  ★  ★  ★  ★  ★  ★  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DEDUST.IO ✨ #GETfreeCHAMBY from BTTcommunity✨ ║ ✨   C H A M B Y   ✨ ║  ✨  F A U C E T  ✨ ║    𝕏   ║ STON.FI
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ★  ★  ★  ★  ★  ★  ★  ★  ★  ★  ★ ☆  ☆  ☆  ☆  ☆  ☆  ☆  ☆  ☆  ☆  ☆  ★  ★  ★  ★  ★  ★  ★  ★  ★  ★  ★  ★  ★  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PostQuantumBTC
Full Member
***
Offline

Activity: 378
Merit: 169


Bitz.io Best Bitcoin and Crypto Casino


View Profile
Today at 10:51:29 AM
 #4

The golden rule
Make you no believe or trust any text messages or screenshot. Make sure say you open your bank app yourself, make you check your balance before you Gó release.
No allow any body rush you make you release your coin.
I have been seeing this advice both on this board and on the general board since I have an account on those forum but which is a very good advice because some people can receive a fake alert. I have received it from a friend before, but he only used it to try to joke but I knew it was a fake alert as text message and see laughed over it. But this should not only be in crypto but in anything we are doing, check your bank account balance before believing that you receive money from someone.

promise444c5
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1215


All things are numbers


View Profile WWW
Today at 10:57:03 AM
 #5

In all you do.. don’t trust, always verify.

Doan9269
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 1750
Merit: 866



View Profile
Today at 10:59:39 AM
 #6

Anyone can claim to have sent us fund and that is not reflecting on our account, very possible because there are fake alert and scammers know their way out to do all these, the moment I make a pity transaction with someone, the first thing I do is to ensure that I check my account balance and see that did balance and the transaction that was made is reflecting towards the overall balance, this is what I will do and always maintain doing each time I am on P2P before confirming for the reception of the fund sent.

ZeroVinsonN
Sr. Member
****
Offline

Activity: 644
Merit: 344


It takes a second for treasure to become trash


View Profile
Today at 11:02:45 AM
 #7

There was once a time when before I would even release the coin I will first try to transfer the money out of the account to see if it will actually move, i was new to P2P at the time and wasn't going to take any chances especially with how much news I've heard about people getting scammed during P2P.
Now I don't just use the alert, I open my bank app and confirm that I've actually received funds, if there is no corresponding increase in my balance then there is no way I'm releasing that coin, so far so good though. I've not had a situation except for one time when someone claimed to have paid and was asking me to release the coin, there was nothing on my bank and he was claiming it was probably just network, I tell am plain say I no go release coin unless I see alert, the guy cancel the trade.

R


▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|||
▄▄████▄▄
▀█▀
▄▀▀▄▀█▀
▄▄░░▄█░██░█▄░░▄▄
▄▄█░▄▀█░▀█▄▄█▀░█▀▄░█▄▄
▀▄█░███▄█▄▄█▄███░█▄▀
▀▀█░░░▄▄▄▄░░░█▀▀
█░░██████░░█
█░░░░▀▀░░░░█
█▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█
▄░█████▀▀█████░▄
▄███████░██░███████▄
▀▀██████▄▄██████▀▀
▀▀████████▀▀
.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
████████████░███████▀▄▀
████████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
████████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▀▄███░░░▀████░███▄▀██▄
███░████░░░░░▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄░░░░▀░████░███
███░████░███▄░░░░████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄░░███▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
SOUTHAMPTON FC
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
DubemIfedigbo001
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 1176
Merit: 744


Let love lead


View Profile WWW
Today at 12:15:03 PM
 #8


I know you're trying your best to communicate your message using infographics and attempting to be as natural as possible, but this doesn't come out well, it looks babyish. Try using better tools, there's power point, Canva or even AI to get a better looking image that conveys a clearer message

Quote
The golden rule
Make you no believe or trust any text messages or screenshot. Make sure say you open your bank app yourself, make you check your balance before you Gó release.
Not just your balance, check your transaction history, A friend of mine once complained that money sent to him was showing on his balance, but it wasn't in the TX history. Again don't trust alerts only, use am app to play safer

 
█▄
R


▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT▀█ 
  THE #1 SOLANA CASINO  
████████████▄
▀▀██████▀▀███
██▄▄▀▀▄▄█████
█████████████
█████████████
███▀█████████
▀▄▄██████████
█████████████
█████████████
█████████████
█████████████
█████████████
████████████▀
████████████▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
█████████████
▄████████████
██▄██████████
████▄████████
█████████████
█░▀▀█████████
▀▀███████████
█████▄███████
████▀▄▀██████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
████████████▀
........5,000+........
GAMES
 
......INSTANT......
WITHDRAWALS
..........HUGE..........
REWARDS
 
............VIP............
PROGRAM
 .
   PLAY NOW    
Moreno233
Sr. Member
****
Online Online

Activity: 1204
Merit: 477


Trust the process, imbibe consistency


View Profile
Today at 12:22:12 PM
 #9

Fake alert na old format wey scammers dey use on the norms, even in POS and other areas. I shock as e be say P2P merchants done dey use am too, Why e shock me be say, awareness done already dey about am so I see am as them trying to be stupid than try to scam people with format wey don already cast. Wetin I been dey see often na merchant removing one zero from the amount hoping that the seller will not notice. Anyone wey lose guard for this one no really sharp at all.











██
██
██████
R


▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
██████
██
██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████████████
 
 THE #1 SOLANA CASINO 
██████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████▄
▀▀██████▀▀███
██▄▄▀▀▄▄█████
█████████████
█████████████
███▀█████████
▀▄▄██████████
█████████████
█████████████
█████████████
█████████████
█████████████
████████████▀
████████████▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
█████████████
▄████████████
██▄██████████
████▄████████
█████████████
█░▀▀█████████
▀▀███████████
█████▄███████
████▀▄▀██████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
████████████▀
[
[
5,000+
GAMES
INSTANT
WITHDRAWALS
][
][
HUGE
   REWARDS   
VIP
PROGRAM
]
]
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████████████████████████
 
PLAY NOW
 

████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
IceLincoln
Sr. Member
****
Offline

Activity: 882
Merit: 406


★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!


View Profile
Today at 12:42:55 PM
 #10


Good day my fellow country people. I notice say scammers don Dey try new tricks now for P2P so me I decide to sketch simple drawing to take save person today.
Fake alert 🚨 na one of the biggest trap now wea scammers they use. Wetin them Dey do na to just send you fake payment receipt or bank fake SMS, them go pressure you make you release coin as he Dey hot.
Once you fall for this SMS or alert and you con release the crypto, you money don go be that.   

                 

The golden rule
Make you no believe or trust any text messages or screenshot. Make sure say you open your bank app yourself, make you check your balance before you Gó release.
No allow any body rush you make you release your coin.

STAY SAFE OUT THERE (Son $f Grace cares)

Being a member of this forum and falling for this kind of scams should be a disappointment, they have in many occasions warn about such things unless the person is a new member, or is not an active member of the forum.

As a Nigerian, one should also be able to prevent those kind of screenshot or sms scams, because it's what we have been hearing and seeing everyday, even if it has not happen to the person before, there might be someone close that might have been a victim of such scams.

I will advise that when a transaction transfer is being done to one's  account, the person should send the said sum out of the account as a confirmation before releasing the coin, i guess that will definitely confirm if it's  a fake transfer or not.

Yes this is what I do anytime I want to do P2P… I’ll make sure the account is empty or close to empty, so once I receive an alert I go to my app directly, confirm the money and send out atleast 80% to another account before I release fund. If there’s already money in my P2P account I’ll send out more than the money that was already there…. I no trust alert or even the balance sef 😃.
Man gats Dey wise for this p2p space with all the numerous scams and tricks going on.

║
★
║
BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]
║
★
║
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀
║
★
║
║
★
║
✔ Rainbot
✔ Daily Quests
✔ Faucet
CryptoHeadlineNews
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1041


Want to run a Signature Campaign? Contac: @Hhampuz


View Profile WWW
Today at 02:14:00 PM
 #11


Good day my fellow country people. I notice say scammers don Dey try new tricks now for P2P so me I decide to sketch simple drawing to take save person today.
Fake alert 🚨 na one of the biggest trap now wea scammers they use. Wetin them Dey do na to just send you fake payment receipt or bank fake SMS, them go pressure you make you release coin as he Dey hot.
Once you fall for this SMS or alert and you con release the crypto, you money don go be that.   

Not allowing anybody to pressure you during a p2p trade is one rule to staying safe and avoiding all these new p2p scams that is currently trending online. And this is why I always advise newbies to always confirm payment on their mobile bank account before releasing coin, rather than relying on SMS for confirmation, since SMS cannot be trusted anymore. Because few weeks ago, I came across a Facebook video where a guy was educating about how people are using the "Opay Fake Alert" app to defraud people during online payments, and this seems to be very rampant this period, which is why people just need to be extremely careful and confirm transactions before releasing coin.

 
█▄
R


▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT▀█ 
  THE #1 SOLANA CASINO  
████████████▄
▀▀██████▀▀███
██▄▄▀▀▄▄█████
█████████████
█████████████
███▀█████████
▀▄▄██████████
█████████████
█████████████
█████████████
█████████████
█████████████
████████████▀
████████████▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
█████████████
▄████████████
██▄██████████
████▄████████
█████████████
█░▀▀█████████
▀▀███████████
█████▄███████
████▀▄▀██████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
████████████▀
........5,000+........
GAMES
 
......INSTANT......
WITHDRAWALS
..........HUGE..........
REWARDS
 
............VIP............
PROGRAM
 .
   PLAY NOW    
Son $f Grace (OP)
Jr. Member
*
Offline

Activity: 34
Merit: 4

Mercy Of God 🙇❤️‍&#129


View Profile
Today at 02:20:17 PM
 #12

In all you do.. don’t trust, always verify.
This one na him be the ultimate Crpto commandment, no matter the pressure from buyer do well to verify Everthing yourself. Thanks you for this summary boss.

I will advise that when a transaction transfer is being done to one's account, the person should send the said sum out of the account as a confirmation before releasing the coin...
There was once a time when before I would even release the coin I will first try to transfer the money out of the account to see if it will actually move...
This particular trick really make sense me myself being dey veiw am like that before. Most of the times this scammers have gone far to the extent of even generating fake app that will show the balance or even inside connection but the money isn’t usable. The quick transfer test to any accounts like Opay or palmpay for confirmation before releasing funds is really a pro.

Thanks all for this potential extra wisdom added. Am definitely taking note of this and add to my own P2P rules. The transfer out trick.
Proty
Hero Member
*****
Online Online

Activity: 882
Merit: 512



View Profile
Today at 02:38:04 PM
 #13

Fake alert are becoming more rampant these days than it used to be. Many people have fallen victim to this kind of scam . and there are still people that haven't learnt from this experiences. When doing P2P the sellers need to make sure that they confirm the transaction, not just by checking payment screenshot from the buyer , but they should make it necessary to confirm the payment using their bank mobile app to be very sure of what they are actually doing before going to release the coin on the exchange.
I believe people that easily fall victim to this kind of scam is as a result of carelessness, especially doing P2P transactions when they are busy or preoccupied with other activities. It is important to carry out P2P transaction when we are less busy to avoid making any unnecessary mistakes.

Antidote47k
Full Member
***
Offline

Activity: 126
Merit: 114

Every man craves certainty!


View Profile
Today at 03:10:07 PM
 #14

There is this method I’ve seen some people use before, for instance if you’re using some particular banks like palmpay and cheaper cash(there may be others but these are the ones I’m sure about) the scammer can request money from your account and it pops up almost like an alert in your notification, if you don’t properly read it you will assume it a successful alert and just release the coin.
I remember that particular feature use to be very popular with palmpay then, I think it was something like “request money from a friend” or something of that nature, I don’t know how it’s done now but the feature is still there and scammers are still using it in P2P.
Chinesebaby
Full Member
***
Offline

Activity: 420
Merit: 152


Authentic Bitcoin Lover


View Profile
Today at 03:24:02 PM
 #15

There was once a time when before I would even release the coin I will first try to transfer the money out of the account to see if it will actually move...
You literally just mentioned the same trick I also used to do when selling my Bitcoin into fiat, in order to avoid the money disappearing after a while due to many stories about fake alert. Because in this online space, you literally don't have to trust anybody, which is why whenever a person sends me money, I used to try to transfer half of it into my second bank account to see if it works before releasing my coin. And this have really been helpfull all this while, but the most important thing is always rushing to confirm if a transaction entered.

Sobz
Full Member
***
Offline

Activity: 309
Merit: 131



View Profile
Today at 04:15:31 PM
 #16

Fake alert na old format wey scammers dey use on the norms, even in POS and other areas. I shock as e be say P2P merchants done dey use am too, Why e shock me be say, awareness done already dey about am so I see am as them trying to be stupid than try to scam people with format wey don already cast. Wetin I been dey see often na merchant removing one zero from the amount hoping that the seller will not notice. Anyone wey lose guard for this one no really sharp at all.
You fit think say people don know about this kind of scam but this no mean say scammers no go use this style to scam people. E get people wey go still fall for this kind of scam. Like myself, i dey aware about this kind of scam but i never experience ahm before and if person send me fake alert i no know how e go be and this why when ever i am selling my coin if merchants send money to my account i dey always tranfer the money wey don enter my account to another of my account if na real more or not be for i dey release the coin. I no trust merchants in exchange , so I dey very vigilant when i dey do deal with them for p2p.

Son Of Blockchain (SOB)
Full Member
***
Offline

Activity: 686
Merit: 154


Recognized among the best crypto casino options.


View Profile
Today at 04:34:04 PM
 #17

Being a member of this forum and falling for this kind of scams should be a disappointment, they have in many occasions warn about such things unless the person is a new member, or is not an active member of the forum.

As a Nigerian, one should also be able to prevent those kind of screenshot or sms scams, because it's what we have been hearing and seeing everyday, even if it has not happen to the person before, there might be someone close that might have been a victim of such scams.

I will advise that when a transaction transfer is being done to one's  account, the person should send the said sum out of the account as a confirmation before releasing the coin, i guess that will definitely confirm if it's  a fake transfer or not.

So are you saying that being a member of this forum makes one inevitable to be scammed? Bro anyone can fall victim to scam, moreover some are scammed through greed or a little mistake they didn't even imagine could make them exposed, even you too can be a victim of scam regardless of how careful you think you're.
 Scammer update their schemes and techniques, sometimes the scheme might be old but the techniques different from what you know. Jist update yourself of the necessary information and try to be careful when dealing with things involving online transactions.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!