Bitcoin Forum
October 09, 2026, 04:15:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 31.1 [Torrent]
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I discovered Bitcoin in 2010–2011. Now I want to start again.  (Read 11 times)
smailpro (OP)
Newbie
*
Online Online

Activity: 1
Merit: 0


View Profile
Today at 03:13:49 AM
 #1

Hi everyone,

I first learned about Bitcoin around 2010–2011. I even considered trying mining, but the graphics card I had was an EVGA GTX 580 3GB. It wasn’t as efficient for Bitcoin mining as the AMD cards people were using back then, so I never really pursued it.

Some time later, Bitcoin became a hot topic again in the online money-making communities I followed, especially after Liberty Reserve collapsed. BTC became an alternative for people who didn’t want to use WebMoney (WMZ) or Perfect Money.

That was when I started buying Bitcoin and using it for payments.

Over that period, I bought more than 10 BTC. I kept some in a Blockchain wallet and some on BTC-e. Much of it was for practical use, such as topping up credits for online services I used.

Unfortunately, my finances and my state of mind weren’t in a good place at the time. I gradually spent the digital assets I had, and eventually ended up with none of them left. None of that Bitcoin is still with me today.

I’m sharing this because, despite everything, I’ve never really stopped following Bitcoin. I’ve watched it through all these years and all its ups and downs, even when I no longer owned any myself.

Lately, I’ve been feeling a strong urge to start accumulating Bitcoin again.

I’ve read a few “prophecies”—or perhaps I’m just making a little prophecy of my own—that make me feel the remaining months of 2026 could be a particularly important time for early followers like me to start owning some again. Part of me thinks that, from 2027 onward, opportunities to buy Bitcoin below $100,000 may become much harder to find.

Of course, that’s only a personal feeling. I could be completely wrong.

The difficult part is figuring out how to earn enough to start rebuilding.

I’m the kind of person who knows a little about many things, but hasn’t developed deep enough expertise in one area to stand out and make a sustainable living from it. Having followed Bitcoin for so long doesn’t automatically mean I know how to earn it today.

So I wanted to ask the people here: if you were in my position, where would you start?

Are there realistic ways to earn Bitcoin through useful work or services? What skill would you focus on developing if you were starting again with broad knowledge but no clear specialty?

I’m looking for practical advice and shared experiences, not donations. I’d especially appreciate hearing from anyone who has had to start over after spending or losing the Bitcoin they once owned.

I knew about Bitcoin early, but I didn’t manage to hold on to what I had. Even so, I’m still here, still following it, and hoping to find a way to begin again.

Thank you for taking the time to read my story.
https://i.postimg.cc/rm9PFYQs/blockechain.png
Pages: [1]
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!