Bitcoin Forum
October 11, 2026, 01:06:55 AM *
News: Serious possible issue involving Ledger hardware wallets and CryptoBilis
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Just found 2250$ btc in an old wallet.dat  (Read 38 times)
Teethow (OP)
Jr. Member
*
Online Online

Activity: 198
Merit: 3


View Profile
October 10, 2026, 12:38:00 AM
 #1

I know its not as much as some people stories but it still made me very happy and i just wanted to share  Cheesy

I found the wallet.dat in google drive linked to an old gmail, i wasn't sure if it had anything but spent the day trying to recover it with my limited technical skills and it paid nicely  Grin

I checked last transaction of the wallet was 27-08-2016 Bitcoin was @ ~580$ back then so 27.4 mBTC was wroth around 15$.
bitbollo
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 4130
Merit: 5160


https://bit.ly/bitbollo


View Profile
October 10, 2026, 01:30:33 AM
 #2

Nice! What software you was using at that time?

There are also some forks inside... not a big deal but I would make a verification also for these coins ...
I haven't spend any fork coins / make any claim but it could be an interesting excercise to learn more about blockchains/ transactions and so on.

Teethow (OP)
Jr. Member
*
Online Online

Activity: 198
Merit: 3


View Profile
October 10, 2026, 01:39:44 AM
 #3

Nice! What software you was using at that time?

There are also some forks inside... not a big deal but I would make a verification also for these coins ...
I haven't spend any fork coins / make any claim but it could be an interesting excercise to learn more about blockchains/ transactions and so on.

I was using Bitcoin Core, good idea, i don't remember claiming any fork coin neither, i will check and see if it's wroth anything now.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!