Bitcoin Forum
October 10, 2026, 09:51:37 PM *
News: Serious possible issue involving Ledger hardware wallets and CryptoBilis
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Questions for the member who coined "HODL" - GameKyuubi  (Read 484 times)
[btc] (OP)
Full Member
***
Offline

Activity: 224
Merit: 329


"Messages are broadcast on a best effort basis,"


View Profile WWW
Today at 04:46:39 AM
Last edit: Today at 11:30:05 AM by [btc]
Merited by fillippone (21), ABCbits (2), vapourminer (1), JayJuanGee (1), boyptc (1), SatoPrincess (1)
 #1

Hi everyone,

I've been talking with GameKyuubi a lot about this forum, how it's impacted his life, and stuff he's been working on recently - his functional consciousness project. Ever since meeting him, I've asked him so many burning questions that I've had, and I've gotten to learn so much about him. After discussing it with him for a bit, I felt like the rest of the forum could also find it entertaining/benefit from shooting questions to the HODL legend himself! So, for a couple of days, this thread will be dedicated to any questions forum members might have for him.


Here's one of mine that I haven't gotten around to talking to him about:

You were a part of Bitcointalk during a really unique period in Bitcoin's history. What do you remember most about that community at that time? The people, the culture, the arguments, the weirdness? What do you miss most about the Bitcointalk of that era?


█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
GameKyuubi
Sr. Member
****
Offline

Activity: 259
Merit: 1899


the grateful dead predicted consciousness


View Profile
Today at 04:47:09 AM
Last edit: Today at 05:33:19 AM by GameKyuubi
Merited by fillippone (21), vapourminer (4), d5000 (2), ABCbits (2), Hueristic (1), JayJuanGee (1), boyptc (1), m2017 (1), [btc] (1)
 #2

Hi everyone,

I've been talking with GameKyuubi a lot about this forum, how it's impacted his life, and stuff he's been working on recently - his functional consciousness project. Ever since meeting him, I've asked him so many burning questions that I've had, and I've gotten to learn so much about him. After discussing it with him for a bit, I felt like the rest of the forum could also find it entertaining/benefit from shooting questions to the HODL legend himself! So, for a couple of days, this thread will be dedicated to any questions forum members might have for him.


Here's one of mine that I haven't gotten around to talking to him about:

You were a part of Bitcointalk during a really unique period in Bitcoin's history. What do you remember most about that community at that time? The people, the culture, the arguments, the weirdness? What do you miss most about the Bitcointalk of that era?

Honestly it *was* the weirdness. Bleeding edge tech attracts the most interesting people and perspectives, and it's through that that it seemed to thrive. Each project was different, there was perceived value in that difference. It was fun being part of the society of an emerging tech that I knew would grow but was underrecognized. Contributing to it just by playing around with it and sharing new ideas spun up the imagination to create more. And it was all focused on *us* and what we can *do*, not on how we presented to the world or the image they had of us, because the math didn't lie. I've always kinda been drawn to the boundary of what's possible, and when I step up and look, the boundary is usually further away than I initially thought. But it's only *when* you look that you actually know. I remember being one of the first Dogecoin millionaires because holy shit I had a million of something verifiably for the first time ever. Crunching on my fucking laptop in japan in the staffroom working on the Peercoin logo contest. The current PPC logo looks pretty cool wonder where that design came from.

And then of course, I was a big blocker. Being in Japan around that time, I *experienced* the system working. Not paying via coinbase credit card, but actually paying with a wallet, onchain, for everyday items and food. Where are they now? Does anyone accept Bitcoin directly? NOPE! Why? Cuz we sold bitcoin future ideology for practicality now. Mostly I guess I miss the primordial part of bitcointalk or any tech really, which is an attractor I can't seem to escape.

If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine and my tunes were played on the harp unstrung,
would you hear my voice come through the music? Would you hold it near as it were your own?
KingsDen
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1335


Goodnight, o_e_l_e_o & 1miau 🌹


View Profile WWW
Today at 06:07:55 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), [btc] (1)
 #3

Good to know that the legend is still around and I am privileged to have around

My question:
That particular portfolio of yours that made you say you were Hodling; at what point did you later sell it, or are you still hodling?
In order what words, at what time should someone stop Hodling?

Meanwhile, do you still sip whisky whiskey during dips or the volatility we have now does not worth even a beer?

R


▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
||.
|
▄▄████▄▄
▀█▀
▄▀▀▄▀█▀
▄▄░░▄█░██░█▄░░▄▄
▄▄█░▄▀█░▀█▄▄█▀░█▀▄░█▄▄
▀▄█░███▄█▄▄█▄███░█▄▀
▀▀█░░░▄▄▄▄░░░█▀▀
█░░██████░░█
█░░░░▀▀░░░░█
█▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█
▄░█████▀▀█████░▄
▄███████░██░███████▄
▀▀██████▄▄██████▀▀
▀▀████████▀▀
.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
████████████░███████▀▄▀
████████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
████████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▀▄███░░░▀████░███▄▀██▄
███░████░░░░░▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄░░░░▀░████░███
███░████░███▄░░░░████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄░░███▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
SOUTHAMPTON FC
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
[/quote]
Code:
[center][table][tr][td][url=h
GameKyuubi
Sr. Member
****
Offline

Activity: 259
Merit: 1899


the grateful dead predicted consciousness


View Profile
Today at 06:56:10 AM
Merited by Hueristic (1), JayJuanGee (1), d_eddie (1), psycodad (1), [btc] (1)
 #4

Good to know that the legend is still around and I am privileged to have around

My question:
That particular portfolio of yours that made you say you were Hodling; at what point did you later sell it, or are you still hodling?
In order what words, at what time should someone stop Hodling

this is investment advice. i am clearly a professional. you should stop hodling at 12pm and start again at 5pm every day. you should buy right before I sell, and sell right before I buy. That is how you become a Doge Millionaire. the best part is i solved quantum physics so i don't even need to know your timezone

Quote
Meanwhile, do you still sip whisky whiskey during dips or the volatility we have now does not worth even a beer?

bruh we about to get the second tall boy six pack rn

If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine and my tunes were played on the harp unstrung,
would you hear my voice come through the music? Would you hold it near as it were your own?
ABCbits
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 3752
Merit: 10427



View Profile
Today at 08:16:36 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), [btc] (1)
 #5

And then of course, I was a big blocker. Being in Japan around that time, I *experienced* the system working. Not paying via coinbase credit card, but actually paying with a wallet, onchain, for everyday items and food. Where are they now? Does anyone accept Bitcoin directly? NOPE! Why? Cuz we sold bitcoin future ideology for practicality now. Mostly I guess I miss the primordial part of bitcointalk or any tech really, which is an attractor I can't seem to escape.

Related to Bitcoin as payment question, i have few questions.
  • what do you think about Lightning Network? have you ever used it?
  • how do you see trend of crypto debit/credit card as alternative to boost crypto usage?

pawel7777
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848


Vincit qui se vincit


View Profile WWW
Today at 09:13:43 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), [btc] (1)
 #6

Good to see you're still around GameKyuubi.

The natural question is: how long did you hodl for and have you made it to a Lambo. But it's probably too personal a question, so I'm not expecting an answer. I just hope you're doing well.

(...)
how do you see trend of crypto debit/credit card as alternative to boost crypto usage?
Not the guy you're asking, but there are no anonymous crypto-cards anymore, so using them is just a more convenient form of selling on centralised exchange and doesn't have much to do with adoption in the classic sense. I think anonymous purchases of gift cards (with crypto) are much closer to the Bitcoin ideals.

▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
███▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▄█▄▀▀▀▄█▄▀▀▄▄██
████████████▐▌████▐▌██████
███▀███████▀▀████▀▀███████
███▐▌█████████████████████
████▀▄▄██▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄███████
██████▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀██████
██████████████████████████

▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

..1win..
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████▀░░░▀▀▀▀█████
█████████▀▀▀█▄░░░░░░░████
████▀▀░░░░░░░█▄░▄░░░▐████
████▌░░░░▄░░░▐████░░▐████
█████░░░▄██▄░░██▀░░░█████
█████▌░░▀██▀░░▐▌░░░▐█████
██████░░░░▀░░░░█░░░▐█████
██████▌░░░░░░░░▐█▄▄██████
███████▄░░▄▄▄████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████

..POKER..
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀███████████
███████▀▀░░▄▄▄░░▀▀███████
██████▄░░░░███░░░░▄██████
█████░▀▀█▄▄░░░▄▄█▀▀░█████
█████░██░░▀▀█▀▀░░██░█████
█████░░░░░░░█░██░▄▄░█████
█████▄░░░▄▄░█░▄▄░▀▀▄█████
███████▄▄▀▀░█░▀▀▄▄███████
███████████▄█▄███████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████

..GAMES..
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████▀▀░░░░░▀▀████████
██████░░▄██▄░▄██▄░░██████
█████░░████▀░▀████░░█████
████░░░░▀▀░░░░░▀▀░░░░████
████░░▄██░░░░░░░██▄░░████
████░░████░░░░░████░░████
█████░░▀▀░▄███▄░▀▀░░█████
██████░░░░▀███▀░░░░██████
████████▄▄░░░░░▄▄████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
hd49728
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1395



View Profile
Today at 09:24:35 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), [btc] (1)
 #7

how do you see trend of crypto debit/credit card as alternative to boost crypto usage?
Not the guy you're asking, but there are no anonymous crypto-cards anymore, so using them is just a more convenient form of selling on centralised exchange and doesn't have much to do with adoption in the classic sense. I think anonymous purchases of gift cards (with crypto) are much closer to the Bitcoin ideals.
Available choices for anonymous use of bitcoin are more limited over time due to more and stricter regulations from governments on commercial companies and citizens in many countries. It's the fact that we all have to be aware of as well as think of other ways (if still possible) to buy bitcoin without KYC, and sell as well as use our bitcoin anonymously.

How to manage Bitcoin like a whale. It's hard to use crypto debit/ credit card for this non-KYC stash purpose.

Quote
Develop a non-KYC stash

If you’ve purchased bitcoin on an exchange, then you likely had to provide forms of identification. Exchanges have to comply with government regulations. In most cases, these regulations are aimed at preventing criminals from using bitcoin for nefarious purposes. Unfortunately, these “Know Your Customer” (KYC) rules also force honest, ordinary people to sacrifice their personal privacy.

Today, bitcoin purchased on an exchange may be referred to as KYC’d bitcoin. This premise is if you buy sats from a regulated institution and bitcoin is a public ledger, then it’s easy for governments to track you and your bitcoin. There are some strategies that can help preserve privacy, such as mixing coins, but their effectiveness can vary greatly depending on your implementation.

Some investors wish to keep their bitcoin investment private, so they seek out non-KYC bitcoin for several reasons. Non-KYC bitcoin can be helpful in purchasing products and services you don’t want tied to your identity, such as a VPN. Non-KYC bitcoin also means you’re not logged in a database somewhere for future targeting.

You can acquire non-KYC bitcoin in several ways. The first is through mining. If you mine successfully, you receive newly minted bitcoin via block rewards. This bitcoin is brand-new and has no other history on the blockchain, which is generally what third parties use to flag “tainted” bitcoin. Mining requires capital and skill to pull off, but non-KYC bitcoin is part of the appeal.

The second method for acquiring non-KYC bitcoin is to make a peer-to-peer purchase. This can be done in real life through an in-person exchange with someone you know. Give them cash and they give you bitcoin. This method comes with some personal security risk since in-person purchases sometimes lead to in-person attacks. There are also decentralized exchanges that allow you to purchase bitcoin online.

My recommended method for acquiring non-KYC bitcoin is to sell goods and services in exchange for BTC. To be clear, you’ll need to be receiving the bitcoin directly to a self custody wallet, not using a third party payment processor that has also likely KYC’d you.

Be aware that trading for non-KYC bitcoin isn’t completely anonymous in most cases because the counterparty likely knows at least a little information about who you are.

Bitcoin whales have enough resources at their disposal to navigate the above dilemmas, and they tend to view contingency planning as an essential part of maintaining their financial security. The same preparation mindset that motivates high-net-worth individuals to stock up on gold and passports also creates a desire for non-KYC bitcoin. Part of being a whale is only surfacing when you want to.

SatoPrincess
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1182



View Profile
Today at 09:50:31 AM
Merited by [btc] (1)
 #8

This is one of the reasons I love bitcointalk, you never know what you’re going to see next.

Good to know that the legend is still around and I am privileged to have around

My question:
That particular portfolio of yours that made you say you were Hodling; at what point did you later sell it, or are you still hodling?
In order what words, at what time should someone stop Hodling

this is investment advice. i am clearly a professional. you should stop hodling at 12pm and start again at 5pm every day. you should buy right before I sell, and sell right before I buy. That is how you become a Doge Millionaire. the best part is i solved quantum physics so i don't even need to know your timezone
Careful now, a few more words of wisdom, and you could be a bitcoin guru.
I think your first post already answered the question of why you have come back to the forum after all this time. My other question is: Which boards were the most interesting in bitcointalk at the time?[/i]

█████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀██▀█████████████
███████▀▀████▄▄████▀█████████
█████████▄▄██████▄▄█▄▄███████
████████▀▀████████████▀▀█▀▀██
████████████▀▀█▀▀▄██████▄████
███████▄▄████████████▀███████
███████████▄███████▄▄█▄▄█████
███████▀▀████████████████████
███████████▀█████▀▀█▀▀███████
███████▄▄██████████▄▄████████
███████████▄▄██▄▄████████████
█████████████████████████████
 
 
 🕶 NO KYC 
|🜲 
VIP ❯❯❯❯
TRANSFER
| 
WEEKLY
RAKEBACK
|
| 
  PLAY NOW   
NotATether
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 2478
Merit: 10386


┻┻ ︵㇏(°□°㇏)


View Profile WWW
Today at 10:49:35 AM
Merited by d5000 (1), [btc] (1)
 #9

I have a different question:

How do I post something here that will go viral on the internet and crypto Twitter? Nothing seems to be working  Sad

▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄███████▀▀██████▀▀███████▄
█████▀██████████████▀█████
████████▄▄██████▄▄████▀███

██████████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████▄▄██████
██▀▀██████████████████▄▄██
██████▀▀██████████████▀▀██
██████████████████████████
███▄████▀▀██████▀▀████████
█████▄██████████████▄█████
▀███████▄▄██████▄▄███████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
 
 DΞX.fo 
▄▄██████
█████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
█████████
▀▀██████

▄███████
▄██████████
████████████
█████████████
█████████████
|
▄▄█
▄████▀
▄███▀█▄
▄██▀█▄██
█████▀▀█
████████
████████
▀██▄████
▄████▄▄█
▄█████▀███
▄█████▀████▀
█████▀███████
▀██▀█████████
|..BTC......XMR...
..USDT.....LTC...
....Fees  0.8%.....
Upgrade00
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 2898
Merit: 2980


Community Manager - Brand Promotions ✅


View Profile WWW
Today at 11:03:31 AM
Merited by [btc] (1)
 #10

You have only posted a couple times in the last 6 years. Do you still read the forum as much as you used to or you find most of the conversations uninteresting now?

It's been 13 years since you asked us to Hodl, will you say it's an easy hodl for the next 13?

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████▄████▄████████
███▀█████▀█▄███▄█▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀█▄██▀▀▀██▄█▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████████████████████████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄█▀██▄▄▄██▀█▄██▄████
████▄████▄█▀███▀█▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀███▀███▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
███████████████████████████
.
.Duelbits..REWARDING, BEYOND LIMITS...
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
███████████▀▀░░▀█▄░░▀████
████████▀░░░░░░░░▀█▄░████
███████░░░░▄▄░░▄░░░▀█████
██████░░░░░▀▀▄██▀░░░░████
█████░░░██░▄██▀▄▄░░░█████
████░░░░░▄██▀░░▀▀░░██████
█████▄░░▀█▀░██░░░░███████
████░▀█▄░░░░░░░░▄████████
████▄░░▀█▄░░▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀░░▀░███████████
████████░░░▄░█░██████████
███████████▌▐██░█████████
███████████░███▌▐████████
██████████░█████░████████
██████▀░▄░▀███▀░▄░▀██████
█████░▄▀░░░░█░▄▀░░░░█████
█████░░░░░░░█░░░░░░░█████
██████▄░░░▄███▄░░░▄██████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█

█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█

  PLAY NOW  
fillippone
Legendary
*
Online Online

Activity: 3038
Merit: 21609


Duelbits.com - Rewarding, beyond limits.


View Profile WWW
Today at 12:02:25 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), [btc] (1)
 #11

<…>

I have no questions, or rather, I have lots. But first, I want to thank you.
Thanks for the most unique typo in this forum's history, or maybe the internet as a whole.
Thanks for hodling, who inspired most of us.
Through the darkness in the trenches of the market, we hodled.
We hodler because we knew the intergenerational wealth we were lucky enough to know before many isn't built overnight without some scar.

BIT-BENDER
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 2366
Merit: 975



View Profile
Today at 12:15:31 PM
 #12

<…>

I have no questions, or rather, I have lots. But first, I want to thank you.
Thanks for the most unique typo in this forum's history, or maybe the internet as a whole.
Thanks for hodling, who inspired most of us.
Through the darkness in the trenches of the market, we hodled.
We hodler because we knew the intergenerational wealth we were lucky enough to know before many isn't built overnight without some scar.
The uniqueness of Hodling make it more possible to resist any temptation and hodl for as long as possible, can can't imagine what would be the case if that typo hasn't been made, it one of the wonders of the Internet. The first word that goes into the Bitcoin glossary would be Hodl that's how it is important in the fabric of Bitcoin.

My question is what's your opinion about a world where Hodling becomes even easier because Bitcoin has gotten astronomical adoption level where it now see more for its utilities than an investment.

Bitcoin-Forever
Member
**
Offline

Activity: 154
Merit: 22


View Profile
Today at 12:23:23 PM
 #13

Snipped

I can see that the last time you were active was in March 2026, and before then, you were last active in 2020 on this forum as well. I want to be assured that the OP mentioned, or the contact he made with you, drew your attention back to the forum.

Now, my question.

Will you remain active henceforth, or only reappear to respond to this thread?
How can you compare the forum then and now?
What do you have to say or advise to every member of this forum who has joined in the adoption of Bitcoin?

GameKyuubi
Sr. Member
****
Offline

Activity: 259
Merit: 1899


the grateful dead predicted consciousness


View Profile
Today at 12:24:16 PM
Merited by vapourminer (4), Hueristic (1), JayJuanGee (1)
 #14

what do you think about Lightning Network? have you ever used it?
it's mid. i signed up for bitcoin.

how do you see trend of crypto debit/credit card as alternative to boost crypto usage?
Eh. iirc the idea was to get them to use our shit, not for us to get sucked into theirs. They're nice to have but they were around pre-fork for a little while too. Though technically it doesn't boost crypto usage directly right, it just means you don't have to wait for the bank transfer.


Not the guy you're asking, but there are no anonymous crypto-cards anymore, so using them is just a more convenient form of selling on centralised exchange and doesn't have much to do with adoption in the classic sense. I think anonymous purchases of gift cards (with crypto) are much closer to the Bitcoin ideals.

Yeah kinda my thoughts too. I thought the "localcoins" paradigms around the time were a really cool idea and very in line with decentralization.

Did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
Hot ashes for trees? Hot air for a cool breeze?
Cold comfort for change? Did you exchange
 a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine and my tunes were played on the harp unstrung,
would you hear my voice come through the music? Would you hold it near as it were your own?
DabsPoorVersion
Sr. Member
****
Online Online

Activity: 1400
Merit: 322


NO DEPO CODE VEGAR7, NO KYC Casino


View Profile
Today at 12:52:24 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)
 #15

These are my questions

In your early times hodling Bitcoin, what is one thing you wish you had learned sooner?

Aside from the people you've inspired here on the forum, is there someone in real life whom you have also inspired and still hang around with you until today? Someone who you can have discussion just like your old days while drinking whiskey.

██████
██
██

████████████████
███████████████
██████████████
██████████████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄███████▌██▄▄████▄██
█████████████▄██▀▀▀▀██▄██▄███▀███████▄██▀▀▀▀███
████████████▐██▄▄▄▄▄▄██▌▐██▀███████▌▐███████▐██
████████████▐██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▐██▄███████▌▐██▄████▐██
█████████████▀██▄▄▄▄█████▀███▄▄▄██▀██▀██▄▄▄▄███
███████▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄▌███▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀
████████████████████████████▄███▄██
███████████████████████████▀█████▀










██
██
██████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
│ 
 150 FS NO DEPOSIT BONUS  Subscribe to Our Telegram ( > )  


████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██▄▄
▀▀▀▀
 
████████████████████████████████████████
 
 PLAY NOW
 
████████████████████████████████████████


████
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄██
▀▀▀▀
OcTradism
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1050



View Profile
Today at 01:00:27 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)
 #16

Yeah kinda my thoughts too. I thought the "localcoins" paradigms around the time were a really cool idea and very in line with decentralization.
"localcoins" I have never known about it, so did you mean "Local Bitcoin" P2P marketplace?
Help: A list of LocalBitcoin alternatives (P2P marketplaces). Recent years, many LocalBitcoin alternatives already closed their services.

Quote
Did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
There is no reason to trade heroes for ghosts, bitcoins for either fiat currencies, stablecoins or shitcoins or meme tokens. Buy and hold bitcoin, if you want to spend bitcoin for something, sell it and use the money, or exchange bitcoin for that item directly.

It's so risky and stupid to trade bitcoin for fiat currency or stablecoin and hold it while thinking it's safe.

█████████████████████████
██
█████▀▀███████▀▀███████
█████▀░░▄███████▄░░▀█████
███▀░░██████▀░▀████░░▀███
██▀░░▀▀▀████████████░░▀██
██░░█▄████▀▀███▀█████░░██
██░░███▄▄███████▀▀███░░██
██░░█████████████████░░██
██▄░░████▄▄██████▄▄█░░▄██
███▄░░██████▄░░████░░▄███
█████▄░░▀███▌░░▐▀░░▄█████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
█████████████████████████
.
.ROOBET.██████.IIIIICRYPTO'S FASTEST GROWING CASINO.██████.
|
▄
█▄█
▀█▀
▄████▄▄█████████▄▄████▄
█▄████▀█░░█████░░█▀████▄█
▀█▄▄░▐███████████▌░▄▄█▀
▐██▄▄█████████▄▄████▌
████████▄▄█████████
█
█
█▀▀████████████████
██████
█████████████
██
█▀▀████████████████
▀
▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
| 
.
    PLAY NOW    
boyptc
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 3878
Merit: 713


www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games


View Profile
Today at 01:05:03 PM
 #17

Hey OP, thanks for the effort and also thanks to man himself, the legend gamekyuubi the HODL man!

My question is, did you got any request just as this AMA thread in real life, anyone from the crypto media contacted you for personal appearance or interview? if there was already then I've missed, or you value your privacy on this matter and prefer AMAs like this thread.

This thread will blow the media and will make a headline, "the legend who invented HODL appeared!".

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
█████▄▀███▄███▄███▀▄█████
█████▄█▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄█▄█████
████▀▀██▀███▀███▀██▀▀████
█████▄█████████████▄█████
████████▀███████▀████████
█████▀█████████████▀█████
████▄▄██▄██▄█▄██▄██▄▄████
█████▀█▀███▀▄████▀█▀█████
█████▀▄███▀███▀███▄▀█████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
.
 CRYPTOGAMES 
.
 Catch the winning spirit! 
│█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
│██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
│██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
│
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Bluedrem
Full Member
***
Offline

Activity: 560
Merit: 181



View Profile
Today at 01:14:52 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)
 #18

On December 18, 2013, the famous typing mistake"HODLING" became one of the most powerful philosophies in Bitcoin culture. Today, we had the opportunity to talk to him about this topic, so I would like to ask him a few questions.GameKyuubi Sir, My question to you:

1. When you wrote “I AM HODLING”, did you imagine that a simple typo would one day become one of the most powerful philosophies in Bitcoin culture?

2. What was your main intention at the time, to explain your decision to hold on to your investments, or to mock the tendency of traders to panic and sell?

3. If your view of Bitcoin's future changes one day, would you move away from your HODL philosophy?

GameKyuubi
Sr. Member
****
Offline

Activity: 259
Merit: 1899


the grateful dead predicted consciousness


View Profile
Today at 01:18:17 PM
Last edit: Today at 01:32:02 PM by GameKyuubi
 #19

I have a different question:

How do I post something here that will go viral on the internet and crypto Twitter? Nothing seems to be working  Sad

get AI spychosis like me, it will be entertaining and you might learn something and also spend a lot of money. start treating your non-serious self more seriously, also f twitter. that shit lookin like a harnessable AI attention layer


You have only posted a couple times in the last 6 years. Do you still read the forum as much as you used to or you find most of the conversations uninteresting now?

It's been 13 years since you asked us to Hodl, will you say it's an easy hodl for the next 13?

Just did a few IRL tours that's all. And yeah kinda I guess in a sense the frontier moved around. From my perspective the blocksize war caused a huge fracture in the community; wasn't sure I liked where it was going, kinda looked away and checked out for a bit.

This is one of the reasons I love bitcointalk, you never know what you’re going to see next.

Good to know that the legend is still around and I am privileged to have around

My question:
That particular portfolio of yours that made you say you were Hodling; at what point did you later sell it, or are you still hodling?
In order what words, at what time should someone stop Hodling

this is investment advice. i am clearly a professional. you should stop hodling at 12pm and start again at 5pm every day. you should buy right before I sell, and sell right before I buy. That is how you become a Doge Millionaire. the best part is i solved quantum physics so i don't even need to know your timezone
Careful now, a few more words of wisdom, and you could be a bitcoin guru.
I think your first post already answered the question of why you have come back to the forum after all this time. My other question is: Which boards were the most interesting in bitcointalk at the time?[/i]

I probably spent the most time in Altcoin Discussion. It took lots of time for coins to spin up and exchanges to add pairs so there were opportunities to get in on interesting projects before they landed anywhere at all. Speculation shitposting was also great.

If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine and my tunes were played on the harp unstrung,
would you hear my voice come through the music? Would you hold it near as it were your own?
hd49728
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1395



View Profile
Today at 01:54:42 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)
 #20

On December 18, 2013, the famous typing mistake"HODLING" became one of the most powerful philosophies in Bitcoin culture. Today, we had the opportunity to talk to him about this topic, so I would like to ask him a few questions.
How do you know that is a mistake?

When I was in this forum, a first time I saw "HODL" or "HODLING", I thought it was a mistake, a typo but later I was taught that it is a viral term in Bitcoin community was used by GameKyuubi when he drunk.

so i've had some whiskey
actually on the bottle it's spelled whisky

I blacked out, went to work on 2 hours of sleep, got the flu, kicked its ass in 24 hours and was drinking again in 48.  Took a 6 hour train ride to the girlfriend and fuck fuck  fucked my problems awayyyyy

In the Bitcoin history book, page 127.
Quote
On 18th December 2013, BitcoinTalk member GameKyuubi created
a thread titled ‘I AM HODLING’ on that forum. He had misspelt the
word ‘hold’ when drunk, but the ‘hodl’ term quickly circulated the
Bitcoin community. It turned into Internet slang for individuals who
do not trade their BTC or crypto, but rather hold on to them.

Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!