Bitcoin Forum
October 11, 2026, 02:08:14 PM *
News: Serious possible issue involving Ledger hardware wallets and CryptoBilis
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Questions for the member who coined "HODL" - GameKyuubi  (Read 627 times)
SilverCryptoBullet
Sr. Member
****
Offline

Activity: 1190
Merit: 313



View Profile
October 10, 2026, 02:10:05 PM
 #21

HODL is not in our Bitcoin discussions from writing and speaking but since January 2024, it has been used by VanEck Bitcoin Spot ETF aka VanEck Bitcoin Trust, with their sticker as HODL.

You're what a legend GameKyuubi!
HODL was already in Bitcoin history and communities, it won't go anywhere. Bitcoin won't die, and HODL won't die.

https://blockworks.com/analytics/bitcoin-etf/tracker











██
██
██████
R


▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
██████
██
██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████████████
 
 THE #1 SOLANA CASINO 
██████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████▄
▀▀██████▀▀███
██▄▄▀▀▄▄█████
█████████████
█████████████
███▀█████████
▀▄▄██████████
█████████████
█████████████
█████████████
█████████████
█████████████
████████████▀
████████████▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
█████████████
▄████████████
██▄██████████
████▄████████
█████████████
█░▀▀█████████
▀▀███████████
█████▄███████
████▀▄▀██████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
████████████▀
[
[
5,000+
GAMES
INSTANT
WITHDRAWALS
][
][
HUGE
   REWARDS   
VIP
PROGRAM
]
]
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████████████████████████
 
PLAY NOW
 

████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
vapourminer
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 5180
Merit: 6925


what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?


View Profile
October 10, 2026, 02:40:14 PM
 #22

what proof was the whiskey?


Core v29.1.0
Hueristic
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 4690
Merit: 7838


Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it


View Profile
October 10, 2026, 03:21:15 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)
 #23

@GameKyuubi Do you think finding an actually cypherpunk on BCT these days is like a snipe hunt?

What is the worst part of BCT these days, NGU above all else fanbois or Institutional dick sucking?

I know that was a loaded question and shows how jaded I've become.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
hd49728
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1395



View Profile
October 10, 2026, 03:44:59 PM
 #24

@GameKyuubi Do you think finding an actually cypherpunk on BCT these days is like a snipe hunt?
At least you have Jameson Lopp.
His account is statoshi.

He returned to this forum in April with this post, after that he made some other posts. Lopp is still around here but not too active.
Hi folks,

I don't spend much time on this forum any more but came across the thread while looking for discussions to sift through. Thoughtful replies are appreciated; personal attacks will be ignored  Smiley

I'll note that we have collapsed phases B and C together because it's clear that this already controversial proposal does itself no favors without a recovery option. The primary reason I wrote is as optional (nearly a year ago) was due to the lack of R&D on the matter. Just in the past few months we've seen significant advancements in this particular area. In fact, it looks like it should be possible to support quantum safe recovery not only for HD wallets, but also for P2PK addresses that haven't had their public key exposed.

Beyond that, I just want to say that I find this subject to be particularly fascinating because it involves half a dozen thorny issues that are all gnarled together. Never before have we been faced with such a complicated theoretical dilemma where all of the options are terrible!

At the moment I'm continuing to think deeply about all of the problems regarding quantum threats and am planning on posting a series of lengthy thought pieces at https://blog.lopp.net so if you don't want to miss them, feel free to subscribe.

devouring-DARKNESS
Member
**
Offline

Activity: 103
Merit: 24


View Profile
October 10, 2026, 03:49:53 PM
 #25

After this thread will you be regular on bitcointalk again or are you going back to your once in a blue moon way of life?

It would be nice to have access to OG knowledge like the ones you are currently sharing every once in a while

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery, but Today is a gift, That is why it is called PRESENT!!!
Majestic-milf
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 1680
Merit: 765



View Profile
October 10, 2026, 05:02:45 PM
 #26

 My question;
Will your views on Bitcoin change and what circumstances will make you sell if you ever think to stop hodling?


░░░░██████████████░░░░░▄▄███████████░░░░░░▄████████████░█████░░░▄███████▀
░░░░█████████████░░░░▄██████████████░░░░▄██████████████░█████░▄███████▀
░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████░░▄██████▀▀▀▀▀█████░░▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░████████████▀
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░█████▀░░░░░░█████░██████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████▀
▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄███████░░█████████████████░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████▄
█████▄▄▄███████▀
░░░█████████████████░█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░████████████▄
█████████████▀
░░░░░████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████░██████████████████░█████░▀███████▄
██████████▀▀
░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░░█████░██████████████████░█████░░░▀███████▄
.com
.
...🎰 100 FreeSpins | No Wager ... Instant Rakeback + VIP Transfer ... ⚽ Sport's Welcome Pack | Risk-Free ....PLAY NOW..
[/center]
Ambatman
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1469


Don't tell anyone


View Profile WWW
October 10, 2026, 05:25:19 PM
 #27

Wow this is what it means to be in the presence of a celebrity.
Imagine my shock when I saw the name.
I don't have much to ask just a response and it would be enough that I got a response from the progenitor of Hodling  Grin

What's your thoughts on Bitcoin being in the mainstream Now? And quite curious does being the coiner of holdling have any impact on your real life persona?

JayJuanGee
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 4592
Merit: 15131


Self-Custody is a right. Say no to "non-custodial"


View Profile
October 10, 2026, 05:32:52 PM
Merited by fillippone (3), Darker45 (1), Ambatman (1)
 #28

how do you see trend of crypto debit/credit card as alternative to boost crypto usage?
Not the guy you're asking, but there are no anonymous crypto-cards anymore, so using them is just a more convenient form of selling on centralised exchange and doesn't have much to do with adoption in the classic sense. I think anonymous purchases of gift cards (with crypto) are much closer to the Bitcoin ideals.
Available choices for anonymous use of bitcoin are more limited over time due to more and stricter regulations from governments on commercial companies and citizens in many countries. It's the fact that we all have to be aware of as well as think of other ways (if still possible) to buy bitcoin without KYC, and sell as well as use our bitcoin anonymously.
How to manage Bitcoin like a whale. It's hard to use crypto debit/ credit card for this non-KYC stash purpose.
Quote
Develop a non-KYC stash
... edited out

The article, from 4-ish years ago, mentioned 1,000 BTC as a whale.. and golly gee whiz, it could well be the case that somewhere in the ballpark of 100 to 300 BTC would currently be considered entry-level whale status.. and yeah, of course, we have differing levels of fish.. ..  even though it seems to me that anyone who is just starting out in bitcoin and wanting to get to 100 to 300 BTC status, there would be quite a bit of struggle, even for quite well to do people who might be wanting to figure out how to allocate $8 million to $24 million into bitcoin, since it is my own theory that not too many people, even well to do people have abilities to accomplish lump sum buying of bitcoin, so it tends to take time (even 6 months to 24 months) to really establish a meaningful bitcoin position, even if there is a reasonable amount of capital available to allocate into bitcoin.

You have only posted a couple times in the last 6 years. Do you still read the forum as much as you used to or you find most of the conversations uninteresting now?

It's been 13 years since you asked us to Hodl, will you say it's an easy hodl for the next 13?

Actions speak louder than words.

GameKyuubi, at best, seems like a shitcoiner.. but hey, it is never too late to come around to dee cornz... and surely there was a moment in time (such as a drunken stupor) that he did temporarily recognize/appreciate the value of HODL... and yeah, thanks for the new word... Even a shitcoiner can be a legend in bitcoinlandia.    Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

<…>
I have no questions, or rather, I have lots. But first, I want to thank you.
Thanks for the most unique typo in this forum's history, or maybe the internet as a whole.
Thanks for hodling, who inspired most of us.
Through the darkness in the trenches of the market, we hodled.
We hodler because we knew the intergenerational wealth we were lucky enough to know before many isn't built overnight without some scar.

Many of us who have been in bitcoin and put bitcoin to actual practice realize that success in bitcoin comes from both HODL and ongoing, persistent, consistent, regular and perhaps even aggressive accumulation through buying (or perhaps earning) practices... So yeah, HODL is one part of the formula, yet HODL can really ONLY work if a reasonable decent sized stash is built.

Careful now, a few more words of wisdom, and you could be a bitcoin guru.
I think your first post already answered the question of why you have come back to the forum after all this time. My other question is: Which boards were the most interesting in bitcointalk at the time?[/i]
I probably spent the most time in Altcoin Discussion. It took lots of time for coins to spin up and exchanges to add pairs so there were opportunities to get in on interesting projects before they landed anywhere at all. Speculation shitposting was also great.

For sure, each of us chooses how to spend our time, attention and energy - even when we have one of the most (if not the most) powerful of technologies known to man in front of us.  Some guys take longer than others to figure it out, and surely any kind of ongoing and persistent stacking of coin and erroring on the side of HODL when running out of money to buy more had been a good practice.  The earlier the better, yet no one can turn back the clock, so in that regard, anyone who still is a no coiner or a low coiner, there is likely ongoing value in building up your bitcoin holdings, even if the slope of BTC's price curve is not likely to be as steep as it historically had been.

what proof was the whiskey?

Proof of whisky?

A kind of comparative..

What is better?  Strong or weak?  and? 

To the extent that it actually exists, does it get the job done? 

Sedative versus stimulant?   

I would not even claim to know the answer, to the extent that there might be an answer, since "mixing it up" might end up pushing the pickle versus cucumber question.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  Resist being labelled as: "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Donneski
Sr. Member
****
Offline

Activity: 798
Merit: 290


Contact Hhampuz for campaign


View Profile
October 10, 2026, 06:00:02 PM
 #29

First, I'm bookmarking the thread, it's worth it in every sense. I've read the HODL story many times but I didn't know I'll read directly from the man behind it on a fresh thread someday. Genuinely excited to see you responding to questions again and if I get one, I'm definitely framing it as something to look back on.

Was there a particular moment when you began to see Bitcoin as something that could outlive its early community and become a global financial system or did you simply believe in the idea enough to keep going without knowing where it would lead?

I_Anime
Hero Member
*****
Online Online

Activity: 1260
Merit: 537



View Profile
October 10, 2026, 06:02:09 PM
Last edit: October 10, 2026, 06:13:54 PM by I_Anime
 #30

Hi everyone,

I've been talking with GameKyuubi a lot about this forum, how it's impacted his life, and stuff he's been working on recently - his functional consciousness project. Ever since meeting him, I've asked him so many burning questions that I've had, and I've gotten to learn so much about him. After discussing it with him for a bit, I felt like the rest of the forum could also find it entertaining/benefit from shooting questions to the HODL legend himself! So, for a couple of days, this thread will be dedicated to any questions forum members might have for him.


Here's one of mine that I haven't gotten around to talking to him about:

You were a part of Bitcointalk during a really unique period in Bitcoin's history. What do you remember most about that community at that time? The people, the culture, the arguments, the weirdness? What do you miss most about the Bitcointalk of that era?

This is a great nitiative op . Bringing the opportunity to hear directly from the man behind one of the most iconic word (HODL) in bitcoin history.  A word that will still continue to inspire holders in the future, this is a privilege indeed.

My question for Gamekyuubi :

What's one thing you think most bitcoiners misunderstand about Bitcoin ?

Many of us who have been in bitcoin and put bitcoin to actual practice realize that success in bitcoin comes from both HODL and ongoing, persistent, consistent, regular and perhaps even aggressive accumulation through buying (or perhaps earning) practices... So yeah, HODL is one part of the formula, yet HODL can really ONLY work if a reasonable decent sized stash is built.

Bitcoin always reward those that are patient to hold for long with some good number . That's why most time I'm always pained remembering the opportunity I missed then when I was still new to bitcoin. Thinking  it was some kind of Ponzi scheme because I didn’t understand the technology behind it. But the main thing is that I’m still here, and I’m going to make the best of it.

snowpega
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 1078
Merit: 520


AntiSwap.io - NO AML/KYC EXCHANGER MONITORING


View Profile WWW
October 10, 2026, 06:03:10 PM
 #31

There is no doubt this forum is full of such legends. But still, having some of them around sounds great, really. I am not going to flex by saying this or that, or making up a fake story. To be very honest, since the day I became active on this platform and entered the crypto space, I only knew this word/term 'HODL ' and what it stands for. but I never knew the history of this word till today. I really feel good that something new has been added to my knowledge now. You guys can also understand this feeling: knowing something without its history or purpose, and knowing something with its history and purpose give you a unique vibe. right?

I really thank all the legends of this platform, and also this platform, for giving them a home to share their valuable knowledge with all of us.  Smiley

Upgrade00
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 2898
Merit: 2980


Community Manager - Brand Promotions ✅


View Profile WWW
October 10, 2026, 06:07:54 PM
 #32

Just did a few IRL tours that's all. And yeah kinda I guess in a sense the frontier moved around. From my perspective the blocksize war caused a huge fracture in the community; wasn't sure I liked where it was going, kinda looked away and checked out for a bit.
I guess this predates my presence on the forum cause I do not remember this time. I do remember several block conversations in the topic of scalability solutions but nothing to the scale of fracturing the community.

GameKyuubi, at best, seems like a shitcoiner.. but hey, it is never too late to come around to dee cornz... and surely there was a moment in time (such as a drunken stupor) that he did temporarily recognize/appreciate the value of HODL... and yeah, thanks for the new word... Even a shitcoiner can be a legend in bitcoinlandia.    Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
I did not read any of the posts beyond the announcement of a #hodl coin which I did not pay much attention to. Bitcoinlandia is the land of the free  Cheesy

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████▄████▄████████
███▀█████▀█▄███▄█▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀█▄██▀▀▀██▄█▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████████████████████████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄█▀██▄▄▄██▀█▄██▄████
████▄████▄█▀███▀█▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀███▀███▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
███████████████████████████
.
.Duelbits..REWARDING, BEYOND LIMITS...
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
███████████▀▀░░▀█▄░░▀████
████████▀░░░░░░░░▀█▄░████
███████░░░░▄▄░░▄░░░▀█████
██████░░░░░▀▀▄██▀░░░░████
█████░░░██░▄██▀▄▄░░░█████
████░░░░░▄██▀░░▀▀░░██████
█████▄░░▀█▀░██░░░░███████
████░▀█▄░░░░░░░░▄████████
████▄░░▀█▄░░▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀░░▀░███████████
████████░░░▄░█░██████████
███████████▌▐██░█████████
███████████░███▌▐████████
██████████░█████░████████
██████▀░▄░▀███▀░▄░▀██████
█████░▄▀░░░░█░▄▀░░░░█████
█████░░░░░░░█░░░░░░░█████
██████▄░░░▄███▄░░░▄██████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█

█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█

  PLAY NOW  
Floxynice
Sr. Member
****
Offline

Activity: 882
Merit: 386



View Profile
October 10, 2026, 06:12:52 PM
 #33

On December 18, 2013, the famous typing mistake"HODLING" became one of the most powerful philosophies in Bitcoin culture. Today, we had the opportunity to talk to him about this topic, so I would like to ask him a few questions.
How do you know that is a mistake?

When I was in this forum, a first time I saw "HODL" or "HODLING", I thought it was a mistake, a typo but later I was taught that it is a viral term in Bitcoin community was used by GameKyuubi when he drunk.
I've always believed that it was a mistake made by a legend because he was drunk and probably got the spelling wrong. The legend is here now, so maybe he can tell us whether he actually knew what he was doing then or whether it was really a mistake. I am genuinely curious to know. Whatever gave rise to the word "HODL", it is really good and a great motivation for me and many others not to panic during bear markets, but to stay calm until the bear season is over. I am fortunate to meet him here.

R


▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|||
▄▄████▄▄
▀█▀
▄▀▀▄▀█▀
▄▄░░▄█░██░█▄░░▄▄
▄▄█░▄▀█░▀█▄▄█▀░█▀▄░█▄▄
▀▄█░███▄█▄▄█▄███░█▄▀
▀▀█░░░▄▄▄▄░░░█▀▀
█░░██████░░█
█░░░░▀▀░░░░█
█▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█
▄░█████▀▀█████░▄
▄███████░██░███████▄
▀▀██████▄▄██████▀▀
▀▀████████▀▀
.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
████████████░███████▀▄▀
████████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
████████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▀▄███░░░▀████░███▄▀██▄
███░████░░░░░▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄░░░░▀░████░███
███░████░███▄░░░░████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄░░███▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
SOUTHAMPTON FC
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
Zoomic
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 1316
Merit: 569


Need a Campaign manager? TG: t.me/GodofThunderpro


View Profile
October 10, 2026, 06:15:27 PM
 #34

It's one thing to read monumental stories about one of the greatest Innovations in global finance and another thing to hear them again directly from people who were around in those early days. This is impressive.

@GameKyuubi my question will be more focused on the Bitcoin community and not about the "HODLing" you're famous for: Do you think the Bitcoin community has lost some of the qualities that made it special in those early years particularly the curiosity, experimentation and willingness to challenge conventional thinking or has Bitcoin's growth simply changed the way those qualities are expressed?


███████▄▄███▄███▄
███▄▄████████▌████▄
▄██████████████▐███▌
██▄███████████▌████▌
████████▀███████▐▌█
███████████████▌█▌▐
████████▄████████▐▐
██████████████████▌
███████████████▄██▄
██████████████▀▀▀
█████▀███▀▀▀

█▄▄▄██████▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
████████████████████████████
████▌█████▀███▌█████▀▀███████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▌█████▄███▌█████▄███▐███████████████████▄
▐████████████▀███████▄██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▀
▐████████████▄██▄███████████▌█████████▄████▀
▐█████████▀██████████▌█████████████▄▄████▀
██████████▄█████▀████████▐███▌██▄██████▀
██████████████▀███▐███▌██████████████████████
████▀██████▀▀█████████▌███▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▌
 
      P R E M I E R   B I T C O I N   C A S I N O   &   S P O R T S B O O K      

█▀▀
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

  98%  
RTP

 
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀▀█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
▀▀▀

█▀▀
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

 HIGH 
ODDS

 
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀▀█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
▀▀▀
 
..PLAY NOW..
Bluedrem
Full Member
***
Offline

Activity: 560
Merit: 181



View Profile
October 10, 2026, 06:32:10 PM
 #35

On December 18, 2013, the famous typing mistake"HODLING" became one of the most powerful philosophies in Bitcoin culture. Today, we had the opportunity to talk to him about this topic, so I would like to ask him a few questions.
How do you know that is a mistake?

When I was in this forum, a first time I saw "HODL" or "HODLING", I thought it was a mistake, a typo but later I was taught that it is a viral term in Bitcoin community was used by GameKyuubi when he drunk.

He himself said that the title was a typo, maybe he intentionally left it as HODLING the second time.

I typed that title twice because I knew it was wrong the first time. Still wrong.

But he correctly wrote the word "HODLING" as HOLDING on the second line.

BTC crashing WHY AM I HOLDING?

Yes, I looked through the post history and saw that our Hangover King (GameKyuubi) drank a lot of whiskey and often misspelled words😊

Dunamisx
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 1736
Merit: 610


View Profile
October 10, 2026, 07:10:19 PM
 #36

There are mistakes we can make that will bring shame to us, and there is another kind of mistake we can make that will bring fame.

I know GameKyuubi could have felt bad discovering that he made a silly mistake that would have been avoided, not knowing that such a mistake could only be a stepping stone to becoming more recognized than ever, and that same mistake is the reason why we have to discuss the subject matter today in the history of Bitcoin.

I just want to know what his immediate reaction was the moment he discovered this typographical error he made before everything became famous.
Just Say
Sr. Member
****
Online Online

Activity: 966
Merit: 367



View Profile
October 10, 2026, 07:18:46 PM
Last edit: October 10, 2026, 07:32:26 PM by Just Say
 #37

It's really amazing that we still get the opportunity to discuss with legendary Bitcoin investors like GameKyuubi, honestly his thread 'I AM HODLING' created almost 13 years ago is a source of inspiration and learning for many newbies in Bitcoin investing as it is through this thread that we are most familiar with the term HODLING and trying to hold Bitcoin investments for the long term.

My question is,

When you made this historic post in 2013, maybe the price of Bitcoin was around $13-$600 but in 2025 it rose to hit the historic milestone of $100k, did you decide to sell a small portion or all of your holdings or sell some Bitcoin coins.


yudi09
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 1974
Merit: 825



View Profile
October 10, 2026, 07:34:34 PM
 #38

I don’t have any questions I’d like to ask you, GameKyuubi, on this topic, because every answer you’ve given has been a valuable source of additional knowledge for me—especially since the people asking question after question here aren’t just ordinary users.
This is more of a gesture of appreciation for being able to read your answers again. If I could ask a question, I might ask one thing: “HODL”—did you really typo that, and what’s the story behind that unique word? If I’m not mistaken, you were drunk at the time, right?
If there’s already an answer because someone else has asked and I missed it, please correct me.

█████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀██▀█████████████
███████▀▀████▄▄████▀█████████
█████████▄▄██████▄▄█▄▄███████
████████▀▀████████████▀▀█▀▀██
████████████▀▀█▀▀▄██████▄████
███████▄▄████████████▀███████
███████████▄███████▄▄█▄▄█████
███████▀▀████████████████████
███████████▀█████▀▀█▀▀███████
███████▄▄██████████▄▄████████
███████████▄▄██▄▄████████████
█████████████████████████████
 
 
 🕶 NO KYC 
|🜲 
VIP ❯❯❯❯
TRANSFER
| 
WEEKLY
RAKEBACK
|
| 
  PLAY NOW   
MarryWithBTC
Full Member
***
Offline

Activity: 392
Merit: 222


Can you pay a bride price with bitcoin?


View Profile WWW
October 10, 2026, 08:00:17 PM
 #39

I have a different question:

How do I post something here that will go viral on the internet and crypto Twitter? Nothing seems to be working  Sad
Grin
Any day our posts here begin to go viral on social media, LoyceV will be the first to leave the forum because he doesn't want algorithm to determine what he reads.

@GameKyuubi, are you richer than a corrupt politician in my country?

You were HODLING, you should be richer than Laszlo that bought 2 pizzas with thousands of BTC

JaanusRaim
Member
**
Offline

Activity: 480
Merit: 54


View Profile
October 10, 2026, 11:17:32 PM
 #40

I have two questions for Gamekyuubi :

The first question is about the past...
Was it merely a coincidence that you created the term HODL exactly at that moment (December 18, 2013) when the best time to hodl Bitcoin had already passed?

(The Bitcoin price growth during 5 years January 3, 2009 - December 18, 2013 was ca 500 000x (from $0.001 to $541),
the Bitcoin price growth during 13 years December 18, 2013 - October 10, 2026 was ca 150x (from $541 to $83068))


The second question is about the future...
Bitcoin is not only all grown up (around 18 years old) but also mature: it has "reached the Moon", its market capitalization has surpassed the trillion-dollar mark, and it is now perceived as a genuine asset.
Meanwhile, all other cryptocurrencies remain "under the pull of Earth's gravity": they are not viewed as genuine assets, and no one would be surprised if their prices were to drop to zero.  

What do you think, will the cryptocurrencies market develop at the similar size as the stock market and there will be many many Bitcoin-like trillion-dollar-market-cap cryptocurrencies or will the Bitcoin stay basically the only bird in the world ?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!