Bitcoin Forum
October 11, 2026, 02:39:17 PM *
News: Serious possible issue involving Ledger hardware wallets and CryptoBilis
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coldcard's X account was hacked by scammers  (Read 92 times)
oldB (OP)
Newbie
*
Offline

Activity: 10
Merit: 5


View Profile
Today at 06:06:10 AM
Last edit: Today at 06:21:44 AM by oldB
 #1

Coldcard has announced that it is investigating how its X account was hacked and a post containing a phishing link was published on it. The attackers’ post has since been deleted.

Coldcard assures users that its X account has been using offline 2FA since 2017. The company also emphasizes that the only official Coldcard website is https://coldcard.com

The message from the scammers was as follows:

https://www.talkimg.com/images/2026/10/11/Ul0aBD.jpg



Cookdata
Legendary
*
Online Online

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1499


Not Your Keys, Not Your Bitcoin


View Profile
Today at 06:15:39 AM
 #2

This company doesn't have a single thing left to trust. Calling X to investigate, to investigate what? Login device and location?  Grin

stompix
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 3766
Merit: 7445



View Profile WWW
Today at 06:28:54 AM
 #3

Coldcard assures users that its X account has been using offline 2FA since 2017.

2FA key: Password123

Now they are accusing X of having their credentials sold on darknet markets:



Coldcard, seriously, find a ditch somewhere and do nature a favor!

▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄███████▀▀██████▀▀███████▄
█████▀██████████████▀█████
████████▄▄██████▄▄████▀███

██████████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████▄▄██████
██▀▀██████████████████▄▄██
██████▀▀██████████████▀▀██
██████████████████████████
███▄████▀▀██████▀▀████████
█████▄██████████████▄█████
▀███████▄▄██████▄▄███████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
 
 DΞX.fo 
▄▄██████
█████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
█████████
▀▀██████

▄███████
▄██████████
████████████
█████████████
█████████████
|
▄▄█
▄████▀
▄███▀█▄
▄██▀█▄██
█████▀▀█
████████
████████
▀██▄████
▄████▄▄█
▄█████▀███
▄█████▀████▀
█████▀███████
▀██▀█████████
|..BTC......XMR...
..USDT.....LTC...
....Fees  0.8%.....
Charles-Tim
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 2422
Merit: 6586


Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform


View Profile
Today at 06:49:08 AM
 #4

This company doesn't have a single thing left to trust. Calling X to investigate, to investigate what? Login device and location?  Grin
Coldcard is not a hardware wallet company that I can trust, but since Elon Musk purchased X, the issue of the hacking become rampant. It got to the point that SEC account was even hacked to post fake ETF news. There was a time that there is no a single week that X account of a well known person or company will not be hacked. I was thinking that something could be wrong somewhere because there are other people and companies that said they also use offline 2FA, but their accounts were hacked.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████
▀▀███████▀████████████████████████████████████████
██████████
▀██▄▄████▄██▐████▀▀███████████▀▀████████████████████
█████████
▌██▐██████▌██████▌█▐█████████████▐███████████████████
█████████
▌█████████▄▄▄██████▀▀▀▀███████▌█████▀████████████████
██████████
▄███▀███████▀▀██████▄██████████▐█▀█▄███▀▀███████████
████████████
▄▄███▀▀██▄▄▄▄██▐███▀██▄█▐█▌██▀█▄██▀██▄▄███████████
████████████████
▄▄███▀██▌███████▄█▌███████▐██▌███▀█▄██████████
██████████
▀███▄███████████▐██▌█▐████████▐██▐████▄██▀██████████
█████████
▌██▄███████████▄████▄████▄██▄██████▀▄█████▄▀█████████
█████████
▌██▀███▀▀███▄█████████████████████▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▄█████████
██████████
▄██████▄▄██████████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

 🎰  🎲 ..Play Smarter.. 🏀  ⚽ ..Play Now..
Meuserna
Sr. Member
****
Offline

Activity: 402
Merit: 750


View Profile WWW
Today at 07:06:07 AM
 #5

ColdCard is trash. The entire company is trash.

But Elon burned Twitter's credibility to the ground too.

Turds of a feather go down together.

Livingleged
Full Member
***
Online Online

Activity: 336
Merit: 212



View Profile
Today at 09:06:17 AM
 #6

This company doesn't have a single thing left to trust. Calling X to investigate, to investigate what? Login device and location?  Grin
Already they have lost their credibility at this moment. But what I am thinking is that they may have  just discovered another vulnerability with the newer firmware also and don’t want to come out and say it, so they are coming this way so that users will also be aware and prolly don’t feel relaxed about it since the initial vulnerability didn’t affect the MK4 and 5, I kind of believe there is elements of truth in the announcement even if Colcard are saying it was a phishing message.
I’m sure people are done with this company.

ABCbits
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 3752
Merit: 10428



View Profile
Today at 09:07:14 AM
 #7

If i own Coldcard and read the message from scammer while drinking, i may be fooled to think the domain looks real enough.

This company doesn't have a single thing left to trust. Calling X to investigate, to investigate what? Login device and location?  Grin
Coldcard is not a hardware wallet company that I can trust, but since Elon Musk purchased X, the issue of the hacking become rampant. It got to the point that SEC account was even hacked to post fake ETF news. There was a time that there is no a single week that X account of a well known person or company will not be hacked. I was thinking that something could be wrong somewhere because there are other people and companies that said they also use offline 2FA, but their accounts were hacked.

Not only SEC account, even account belong to tech company (who supposed to have better digital security knowledge) got hacked. I think Microsoft account was also hacked last week to promote scam clippy token.

rdluffy
Legendary
*
Online Online

Activity: 3108
Merit: 2117



View Profile WWW
Today at 01:22:59 PM
 #8

Quote
A phishing post appeared on our account, yet we can find no corresponding login, session, or access record. Our credentials and offline 2FA remain secure.

At this point, I wonder who's still using a Coldcard?
I'm glad I didn't have to go through that, but if I had a Coldcard, no matter what ,I wouldn't be able to use it anymore and would stay away from anything from that brand

A really tough series of mistakes

I’m sure people are done with this company.

I remember reading somewhere that there was still demand
I highly doubt it

▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
███▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▄█▄▀▀▀▄█▄▀▀▄▄██
████████████▐▌████▐▌██████
███▀███████▀▀████▀▀███████
███▐▌█████████████████████
████▀▄▄██▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄███████
██████▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀██████
██████████████████████████

▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

..1win..
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████▀░░░▀▀▀▀█████
█████████▀▀▀█▄░░░░░░░████
████▀▀░░░░░░░█▄░▄░░░▐████
████▌░░░░▄░░░▐████░░▐████
█████░░░▄██▄░░██▀░░░█████
█████▌░░▀██▀░░▐▌░░░▐█████
██████░░░░▀░░░░█░░░▐█████
██████▌░░░░░░░░▐█▄▄██████
███████▄░░▄▄▄████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████

..POKER..
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀███████████
███████▀▀░░▄▄▄░░▀▀███████
██████▄░░░░███░░░░▄██████
█████░▀▀█▄▄░░░▄▄█▀▀░█████
█████░██░░▀▀█▀▀░░██░█████
█████░░░░░░░█░██░▄▄░█████
█████▄░░░▄▄░█░▄▄░▀▀▄█████
███████▄▄▀▀░█░▀▀▄▄███████
███████████▄█▄███████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████

..GAMES..
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████▀▀░░░░░▀▀████████
██████░░▄██▄░▄██▄░░██████
█████░░████▀░▀████░░█████
████░░░░▀▀░░░░░▀▀░░░░████
████░░▄██░░░░░░░██▄░░████
████░░████░░░░░████░░████
█████░░▀▀░▄███▄░▀▀░░█████
██████░░░░▀███▀░░░░██████
████████▄▄░░░░░▄▄████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
Pages: [1]
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!