Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 10:33:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mt Gox is looking for security experts with BTC experience?  (Read 1326 times)
Bit_Happy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 09:59:39 PM
Last edit: April 06, 2014, 10:43:03 PM by Bit_Happy

This is on Reddit and Pastebin.....Is it real?.....LOL

MagicalTux> [07:32:53] <Aquent> I want gox to get up and running, as soon as possible, as a shareholder company, would you want that?  <- not going to happen without court approval
<Aquent> sure
<Aquent> there would be a creditor meeting where hopefully 51% would agree
<MagicalTux> no, not what I'm talking about
<MagicalTux> before that the court itself need to approves
<Aquent> you mean needs to accept the bankruptcy application?
<MagicalTux> not necessarily
<Aquent> yes so we need to talk to the supervisor, but I don't see why he doesnt know how many coins you have and he keeps asking for adjournemnt
<Aquent> it seems we know a lot before he or anyone else about your coins etc
<Aquent> so first plan is to force him to appoint an expert, unless, you have some better idea of how this shareholder/community exchange can be set up?
<MagicalTux> we're not even talking about that "shareholder/community exchange" option yet
<MagicalTux> for now we are talking security
<MagicalTux> and a few other things such as the lawsuits in the US that could cause the whole thing to fall under liquidation if not handled right
<Aquent> yes, I'd need to look into that, but I think they would be considered creditors?
<Aquent> I am not sure what security you refering to, obviously any secured creditor would take priority if that is what you mean
<MagicalTux> I'm talking about technical security
<MagicalTux> ie. servers, network, etc
<MagicalTux> that will need third party security experts specialized in bitcoin ready to put their name on that (which is not something easy to find)
<Aquent> yes, I think there is a detailed plan as to how it would happen, I have not fully read it yet, but there would be a transition perioud where you and perhaps others of your employees would overlook the process and help with it
<MagicalTux> not talking about that
<Aquent> right you talking about the expert?
<MagicalTux> talking about finding two famous security experts with at least 10 years experience in bitcoin
<Aquent> lol
<Aquent> its not hard to know how many coins you have is it
<MagicalTux> that's not the issue
<Aquent> publish the cold wallet addressess and we will tell you in hours
<Aquent> what exactly is the issue then
<MagicalTux> security
<Aquent> what are you trying to secure?
<Aquent> the servers and code etc?
<Aquent> you havent fixed that problem you saying?
<Aquent> in two months
<Aquent> or how long 7 months, since July 2013
<MagicalTux> not a problem of fixing or not
<Aquent> and certainly since November 2013
<MagicalTux> but having a third party certifying everything is 100% secure
<Aquent> I see
<MagicalTux> july 2013 ? november 2013 ?
Aquent> alright, I'll see about that point, but if it is certified it is 100% secure then what?
<Aquent> you probably know them, but have you tried these guys: http://www.cs.cornell.edu/people/egs/ EMİN GÜN SİRER and Antonopoulos
<MagicalTux> do they speak Japanese?
<Aquent> I wouldn't know, I doubt it, but you can get a translator

http://pastebin.com/6ncYXCNT
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/22cmrc/mt_gox_is_looking_for_security_experts_with_at/

moni3z

Activity: 899
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 10:07:28 PM

lol, 10 years experience in Bitcoin will be interesting to find considering Bitcoin is 6yrs old. I don't know why Mtgox is even trying, their brand is essentially dead and there's still open lawsuits against them.

If you wanted a "certified" exchange contract Matasano to audit your crypto engineering. Then contract bitcoin developers and pay them to examine your raw protocol wallet if you've made one, then contract somebody with real world trading experience to use their knowledge of safeties such as stop trading alerts. Then go on openbsd dev mailing list and recruit an experienced sysadmin like Henning Brauer or pay the Grsecurity guy who is open to contract work. Mark won't do any of these things though
mgburks77

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 10:13:00 PM

lol, 10 years experience in Bitcoin will be interesting to find considering Bitcoin is 6yrs old. I don't know why Mtgox is even trying, their brand is essentially dead and there's still open lawsuits against them.

If you wanted a "certified" exchange contract Matasano to audit your crypto engineering. Then contract bitcoin developers and pay them to examine your raw protocol wallet if you've made one, then contract somebody with real world trading experience to use their knowledge of safeties such as stop trading alerts. Mark won't do any of these things though

or is it?
Bit_Happy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 10:41:48 PM

If you wanted a "certified" exchange contract Matasano to audit your crypto engineering. Then contract bitcoin developers and pay them to examine your raw protocol wallet if you've made one, then contract somebody with real world trading experience to use their knowledge of safeties such as stop trading alerts. Mark won't do any of these things though

or is it?

...and Mark somehow knows for certain that BTC was being dev'ed over 10 years ago?
^^^
That is truly "hard to believe", but around here you never know what will happen next.

freedombit

Activity: 274

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 04:41:30 AM

or is it?

Funny, that was my first thought.
ifritsultan

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 06:48:08 AM

Fake-trash...

MK would no longer speak to that person, I guess... He is purpodedtly publishing any single dialogue.
BitOnyx

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Cryptocurrencies Exchange

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 07:48:36 AM

I don't understand why people start to use pastebin as source of information...

Bit_Happy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 07:52:59 AM

I don't understand why people start to use pastebin as source of information...

On Reddit, some people think it's real since Mark spends/spent so much time on IRC.
Obviously, many others think it's fake.

freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 07:55:14 AM

lol, 10 years experience in Bitcoin will be interesting to find considering Bitcoin is 6yrs old.

That Magicaltux is asking for Satoshi who may or may not have been coding to pretty much fix this ha-ha

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
alfabitcoin

Activity: 476

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 12:48:13 PM

This aquent makes false chat with magicaltux all the time. Just another attention freak.
ifritsultan

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 08:07:48 AM

This aquent makes false chat with magicaltux all the time. Just another attention freak.

attention whore... not freak. (remark: it is no insult, it just fits better)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: