Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 03:30:49 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: "Goxxed" is a terrible word  (Read 3441 times)
Lathanium

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 09:25:59 PM

Goxxed is a great word.  And a historical reminder of how not to run a business, exchange, your life Tongue  I also think this 740,000 btc heist was an inside job.  Or Karpeles "missplaced" the wallets.  Funny how they found 200,000 btc in the corner collecting dust eh.
LostDutchman

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 09:32:35 PM

Goxxed is a great word.  And a historical reminder of how not to run a business, exchange, your life Tongue  I also think this 740,000 btc heist was an inside job.  Or Karpeles "missplaced" the wallets.  Funny how they found 200,000 btc in the corner collecting dust eh.

Goxxed is right up there with "Mallicked"!

"Mallicked"?:

http://christophermallick.blogspot.com/2013/10/epassporte-website-shut-down.html

http://jrlchartsonline.net/JRL2010/index.php/2010/10/epassporte-lays-off-all-employees-and-closes-doors-for-good/

Most who had funds in ePassporte never got back the money and were therefore "Mallicked"!

My $.02.

Wink

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
b¡tco¡n

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Correct Horse Battery Staple

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 09:36:10 PM

Goxxed is a great word. So is goxcoins, which could be generalised to mean any perpetually delinquent IOU for cryptocurrency  Grin

Everyone in this thread now has 7000 of my freshly issued goxcoins. Enjoy!

1GiB1jQnqjwmNW4U4i8autnnVb1fG8HTYM

This would be my avitar; http://s9.postimg.org/m2pzsiy57/avi.png
freedombit (OP)

Activity: 274

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 03:05:07 AM

Well that was pretty much unanimous. "Goxxed" is the preferred word.

Cheesy

LostDutchman

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 03:07:16 AM

Well that was pretty much unanimous. "Goxxed" is the preferred word.

Cheesy

Yeppers!

My $.02.

Wink

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 03:30:46 AM

One x in Goxed

Bit_Happy
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 03:43:24 AM

Goxed has only one x:

Here is an epic memory from 2011:

jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 03:55:54 AM

Goxed has only one x:

Here is an epic memory from 2011:

Why does this guy look so punchable

SmithsonJim

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 08:04:22 AM

Goxed is great word. Everyone know what it means. Why would any one want to change it.
billysweird

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 12:29:06 PM

What does everyone here think about dropping the term, "Goxxed," and start using the term, "fractionalized" or even "banked"?
Gox was never a bank, even a fake one. They didn't lend or invest money. They just stole it.

Yes, Gox just stole it!!!
bigtimespaghetti
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2014, 02:25:18 PM

I believe the good people of this thread may appreciate my coin Wink

Check it out Smiley
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=508380.0

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
Physical Coin Making Guide Book and eBook- Make your own physical crypto coins and wallets!
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
_Miracle

Activity: 907
Merit: 660

Do due diligence

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2014, 07:29:59 PM

Can't wait to see the word used in the mainstream lexicon.

"Goxxed" or Goxed" either way: should always be rememberd.

(like "pre-order" ;-)

There 'used' to be more truth in forums than anywhere else.  Twitter:  @cryptobitchicks  Spock: "I am expressing multiple attitudes simultaneously. To which are you referring?"  INTJ-A
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 07:37:37 PM

Banked is good but the unique isn't the same as when someone says Gox'd.
Malin Keshar

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 09:23:16 PM

because Goxxed remembers another world at starts with F.
because even the silkroad 2.0 is more transparent than them, they are giving back the customer's hacked coins.
because they are really incompetent and dishonest even  taking into account the corrupt banking system parameters.

teukon
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 10:55:30 PM
Last edit: September 29, 2014, 04:42:10 PM by teukon

but saying "you been goxxed" is excellent. because just those 3 words gives people knowledge that
1) a person was scammed out of funds
2) the scam happened in december 2013

'Goxxed' is a term that was in general use well before December 2013. This last event was not Gox's first round of screwing users.

Gox started Goxing way back in June 2011.
When all the email addresses were released (after a hack/notebook computer theft) was the first time I got Goxed.

Soon after Gox helped make BTC crash all the way down to 1 penny, and many people got Goxed!

Yep.  The term "Goxed" evolved to fill the need to communicate "being screwed by Mt.Gox's incompetence".  I'd hope to see it evolve further to cover incompetence by other businesses in the crypto-currency sphere.

Being "Goxed" certainly doesn't refer to one event.  A bitcoiner would have to be pretty new to the scene to think this, particularly owing to the prophecies of an imminent goxing prior to the final collapse by various forum members.

Both spellings "Goxed" and "Goxxed" trace their roots back a number of years, and seem to be used interchangeably.  While I prefer "Goxed" (fitting with standard spelling rules), it seems that these are largely considered alternative spellings.

I watched the market value collapse to 1 penny in real time; that was just awesome!  Mt.Gox rolled trades back which caused a bit of a stink, especially among the then newbies who were confusing Mt.Gox's ability to do this with the "no chargebacks" feature of Bitcoin itself.

I do find it fitting that Mt.Gox went out by delivering one huge final goxing (literally "ultimate goxing").
Bit_Happy
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 12:43:31 AM

I watched the market value collapse to 1 penny in real time; that was just awesome! ...

I remember that like it was a week ago. It was almost impossible to place an order because the system was already busy eating through the entire buy side. Thank goodness we have more than one usable exchange these days.

alex23

Activity: 2

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2014, 03:53:51 PM

Goxxed is a great word.  And a historical reminder of how not to run a business, exchange, your life Tongue  I also think this 740,000 btc heist was an inside job.  Or Karpeles "missplaced" the wallets.  Funny how they found 200,000 btc in the corner collecting dust eh.

Goxxed is right up there with "Mallicked"!

"Mallicked"?:

http://christophermallick.blogspot.com/2013/10/epassporte-website-shut-down.html

http://jrlchartsonline.net/JRL2010/index.php/2010/10/epassporte-lays-off-all-employees-and-closes-doors-for-good/

Most who had funds in ePassporte never got back the money and were therefore "Mallicked"!

My $.02.

Wink

Zombaio which appeared on the scene not long after ePassporte receded into the night appears to be in its death throes with former ePassporte go-to guy "Michael O" who went from ePass to Paxum to Zombaio has "left the building".. have Zombaio clients been "Mallick'ed"?  Shocked

Zombaio is run by:
Jesper Thörnblad, Karl David Jönis Venngren, and "Tomas B. Anderson" so-called VP, who might be a fictitious entity created to leave all the blame on when the shit finally hits the fan.. not long now.. Can we think of a new acronym based on those names for this shit storm I wonder.. hmm.. they sound like Vikings lol  Cool
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: