Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 05:59:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Airdrop DRK?
Yes, I think it's a good idea - 55 (45.8%)
No, let's leave things they way they are. - 65 (54.2%)
Total Voters: 120

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Darkcoin airdrop (cancelled)  (Read 4717 times)
luke997

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 06:28:41 AM

Bad idea. Problem has been solved by distribution, proven in blokchain - no big holders with coins from first 24h.
Don't dilute shares, investors don't like it.
TanteStefana

Activity: 280

The Future Of Work

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 06:36:02 AM

If our coin can survive this madness, then it can survive the name Darkcoin!

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
jiosefjd

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 06:38:04 AM

Small sell off has already happened. Delete the thread altogether. Its very existence is bad for DRK.
godzirra

Activity: 219

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 06:43:53 AM

If this happens I'll be out as well. Love everything about Darkcoin but this is getting ridiculous. Might as well change the name to welfare coin. The coins distribution is published and well known. And yet the market price has proven rock solid with buyers at every dip. I would venture to guess that the complaints are coming from those who just want free coins.
KingSchultz

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 06:55:36 AM

Edu's not dumb. He's probably about ready to release DarkSend and facing a very tough dilemma. If he releases DarkSend, there's a small risk that another coin might be able to kill/replace DRK quickly by implementing DarkSend and spreading maximum FUD about DarkCoin's name, past, etc. So he's trying to fix the negative sides of DRK (name, first 24 hours mining), and in the process let a terrible idea slip out of his head onto the forums.

As I understand it, the first 24 hours mining have long been distributed and shouldn't matter all that much anymore.
taxli

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 07:04:24 AM

stop Airdrop DRK
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 07:12:30 AM

Alexis de Tocqueville, a French Politician and historian at one point said, and I'm paraphrasing, that a democracy can never work, people will always vote themselves money to the ruin of the state.

In this case here, the people will vote for an airdrop to get themselves more coin regardless of the fact that it will kill the coin.

It's why the United States of America is a Republic and not a democracy.  Evan, you need to be presidential and stand by what is right, don't wallow in what went askew, and realize nature actually fixes this stuff in the end.  (the coins were redistributed at the exchanges).

It was a much better outcome than Bitcoin's Satoshi Nakamoto's 400,000 bitcoins still in his wallet. Nobody knowing if or when they might hit the trading floor, which could deliver a knock out blow to bitcoin!

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 07:18:34 AM

Small sell off has already happened. Delete the thread altogether. Its very existence is bad for DRK.

I agree, but I think Evan went to bed!   Lips sealed  Undecided  Angry

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
mkasiak

Activity: 92

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 07:28:38 AM

Much better idea is to destroy the coins which you want to airdrop. It would rise trust and value of DRK significantly. The coin is interesting, but I am keeping my funds away from it because of this "first 24 hrs problem".
fgtlss

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 07:29:49 AM

how should I do Huh

Get Daily Free SignatureCoins. Sm2HXeroFtVQSij285cQXDVoqVisL9RFZW
gadado

Activity: 965
Merit: 515

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 07:36:20 AM

I was 2 month late with darkcoin mining for what reason ever and I can tell you after 2 weeks I still haven't mined even 50 DRK! So compared to the early stage..what I read ..absolut nothing! Sure I haven't all my mining power on it but also sure that I am aiming for the very next best new X11 coins since the oportunity for this one is "Gone" for me.
Not saying it has no future..I think it has! It's a good coin with a strong dev. But I will not be able to take advantage of it and this airdrop I think will not change anything.

You are a good and clever developer.
So for someone linke me the best would be if you launching a new coin where you avoid all the start "mistakes" done with this coin. I would mine it.
But I know DRK bag holder will not like that idea. Smiley
eightspaces

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 07:39:15 AM
Last edit: April 07, 2014, 07:49:27 AM by eightspaces

I was 2 month late with darkcoin mining for what reason ever and I can tell you after 2 weeks I still haven't mined even 50 DRK! So compared to the early stage..what I read ..absolut nothing!

i mined about 50k in the first ~5 hours  (it was cpu only back then and just few individuals cared)

nothing wrong with that
darkcoin is one of the few coins here that is not a shitcoin at all
gadado

Activity: 965
Merit: 515

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 07:44:14 AM

Crazzy difference!  Wink
There was no windows client what I read. That excluded a lot ppl.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 07:54:17 AM

I didn't miss the lunch, I don't want an airdrop.
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 08:00:13 AM

Much better idea is to destroy the coins which you want to airdrop. It would rise trust and value of DRK significantly. The coin is interesting, but I am keeping my funds away from it because of this "first 24 hrs problem".

That's ridiculous.  The "instamined" coins have done more good for distribution of Darkcoin to more people than a "fair launch" ever could have.  Not everyone can mine, but they can buy, and when the coin remains affordable for such a long time, it allows new people who hear about it to join with us and invest.

Those coins have long been dumped.  They're in the hands of those of us who bought them because we like the coin and because we could.  What you're saying makes no sense and is not at all a real issue whatsoever.  There probably is a little more dumping to be done, but I haven't worried about it so far, and I won't worry about it, because I am certain that in the long run, if silly ideas like an "airdrop" stop happening, Darkcoin will be a major player and worth a lot more than it is going for today.

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
eightspaces

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 08:01:40 AM

That's ridiculous.  The "instamined" coins have done more good for distribution of Darkcoin to more people than a "fair launch" ever could have.  Not everyone can mine, but they can buy, and when the coin remains affordable for such a long time, it allows new people who hear about it to join with us and invest.

Those coins have long been dumped.  They're in the hands of those of us who bought them because we like the coin and because we could.  What you're saying makes no sense and is not at all a real issue whatsoever.

dear lady, seems like u dont like evans plan, do u? i heard hes going to do it though Smiley
BitOnyx

Activity: 112

Cryptocurrencies Exchange

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 08:02:17 AM

People would need to trust Dev a lot for that. IT is almost impossible to predict how it would end up.

eightspaces

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 08:03:04 AM

People would need to trust Dev a lot for that. IT is almost impossible to predict how it would end up.

well DRK is falling right now.
I am sending 30k to mintpal now, will buy back in low

going for this experiment Smiley
Buratino
Legendary

Activity: 1151
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 08:04:15 AM

DRK is good, but the dark spots in the coin biography scare a lot of people. Airdrop would help coin to survive.

TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 08:05:27 AM

Those coins have long been dumped.  They're in the hands of those of us who bought them because we like the coin and because we could.  What you're saying makes no sense and is not at all a real issue whatsoever.

dear lady, seems like u dont like evans plan, do u? i heard hes going to do it though Smiley

I'm certain he won't he isn't stupid.  He is impulsive though, very impulsive.  It's what gives him such talent.  But causes this kind of uproar!  LOL.

no he won't do it.  When he wakes up in the morning, he'll go "oh shit what was I thinking?"  He hasn't been here all day, just popped in a moment, thought, oh maybe I can fix this insta-mine problem, lets vote!  LOL, it's what makes him so cute.

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: