Bitcoin Forum
August 28, 2024, 05:28:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PC Not finding Nanofury and just using GPU instead SOLVED  (Read 632 times)
52brandon (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 05:19:53 AM
Last edit: April 10, 2014, 11:08:56 PM by 52brandon

3 days later I finally sorted it all out.

Backstory:
BFG was not seeing my NF1s on my desktop. They worked perfectly fine on my laptop. I followed a detailed list of instructions on my desktop because I wanted to make sure I did everything right. Needless to say it didn't.

After much Google-ing and a very quick reply from zadig regarding a question of removing the WinUSB drivers from my NF1s, I finally figured out how to get it off them. The hidUsb driver (default) is what actually worked. So for anybody with the same issues, take WinUSB off. As much as it's apparently the solution for lack of communication with other setups, it's the cause of it here. Hope this helps somebody else
52brandon (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 08:30:42 AM

as an update: after adding "-S all --set-device NFY:osc6_bits=54 at the end of the line in my BAT file, I got a different reaction. Saying I don't have the permissions to access..."

is there any fix for that? I've seen a few people with that problem using google. But the only solution that worked for one of them was moving their mining folder to C:\, but mine was in that folder to begin with. I moved it to another folder within C:\, but that did nothing. Really hoping you guys have some sort of idea on fixing it before I pull my hair out lol
52brandon (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 01:33:57 AM

here's a couple on my laptop:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/auwd9ql1u5zci4r/nanofurylaptop.png
https://www.dropbox.com/s/g3mzluci9fectb4/nanobfg.png
but on my desktop, they don't show in BFG, they don't light up, and the devices properties say:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sp603r5xpzxgibg/nano-desktop.png

does anybody know how to forcibly uninstall the drivers? That's the only thing I can think of right now and it wont let me uninstall from device properties either (just shows all greyed out and says "no drivers needed for this device" when I click on driver details. I've got it humming right along on my laptop with my hub. But REALLY want to get it running on my desktop correctly

(sidenote: Fry's Electronics has a Shaxin 24-port powered USB hub for about $40 that is PERFECT for miners. It's the first one I've found that fits more than a few efficiently. Even the 7-hub that you can actually use all 7 ports are set up poorly for ventilation with every card being closely stacked on one another. With this one, the most it can be stacked is 2x. Here's a pic of it with my 10 NF1s, it has an empty space at about 12o'clock on the pic and that one dead center on the top. It actually can utilize every port for the miners. It's a great value)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/skih51rsnpqieun/20140408_180041_1.jpg
52brandon (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 11:47:41 PM

NOBODY has any ideas? Come on. I can't be the lone person on earth to have this issue

if anybody has this problem as well, I think WinUSB is the issue. I followed instructions installing onto my desktop and it didn't work. Frustrated, I threw em onto my laptop and they did work. I used Zadig to check the drivers on both. My desktop has WinUSB, my laptop has hidUsb. I can't switch from WinUSB to hidUsb on Zadig (only the other way around), and I can't uninstall WinUSB drivers from the devices list either, it's grayed out. So anybody that is installing the Nanofury on a new computer for the first time, just say "no". And if anybody out there knows how I can go from WinUSB back to hidUsb, I'd be eternally grateful if you could shed some light on it for me. Even if it doesn't fix it, I'd like to cross it off the list one way or the other
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: