Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 09:57:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: OPPORTUNITY: Invest 1 BTC - Receive 3 BTC  (Read 834 times)
brownbear (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 06:01:17 AM
Last edit: April 08, 2014, 08:41:17 AM by brownbear

Hello, I am looking for an investor to form a business partnership. The business is to sell this book. The sales website is almost finished and for sales to start it needs a custom payment system based on this code.

I've talked to the developer and he agreed to adapt the code for a 1 BTC upfront (currently around $450). This is where the requested invesment is for.

You will receive 3 BTC for your investment. Once the website is online and sales are running, which is expected to happen in the next 7 days, the first 3 BTC in sales are yours and they are automatically forwarded to your bitcoin address. This ensures you get paid first.

Since this is a business partnership there is no collateral.

If you're interested please contact me for more information.

Thanks.

UPDATE: This is the website: https://www.goldenkeys.org

It just needs some small adjustments (such as making it work with IE) and proof reading to correct some grammar mistakes, but the final version will be done in the next days.
coinnewbit

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 12:11:11 PM

Hello, I am looking for an investor to form a business partnership. The business is to sell this book. The sales website is almost finished and for sales to start it needs a custom payment system based on this code.

I've talked to the developer and he agreed to adapt the code for a 1 BTC upfront (currently around $450). This is where the requested invesment is for.

You will receive 3 BTC for your investment. Once the website is online and sales are running, which is expected to happen in the next 7 days, the first 3 BTC in sales are yours and they are automatically forwarded to your bitcoin address. This ensures you get paid first.

Thanks.
how do you ensure your book will sell well enough to return even 1 btc?
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 12:21:46 PM

Thanks.

This, and despite you saying this is a "business partnership" the rule of no collateral, no loan still applies. If it's a good idea I'm sure some other place will offer you a small business loan, but this is not the place.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
brownbear (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 09:25:43 AM

I don't ensure because I can't ensure but the book will sell much more than 1 BTC. The lender won't lose a satoshi. On the contrary, he will make 3 times more.
Light

Activity: 742
Merit: 502

Circa 2010

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 10:21:20 AM

I don't ensure because I can't ensure but the book will sell much more than 1 BTC. The lender won't lose a satoshi. On the contrary, he will make 3 times more.

And how can you guarantee that? If you are so sure I don't see why you can't pony up some collateral. Not to mention what happens if you book earns squat - how are you going to be able to pay back the loan if at all?
Subud!

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 12:18:24 PM

Too good to be true.
brownbear (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 09:37:00 PM

Quote from: Light
And how can you guarantee that?
I can't guarantee that because I have no way to do that but I've been contacting groups who've shown interest in doing business with me and can refer thousands of potential buyers in exchange for a 50% commission, as stated in the website.

If you are so sure I don't see why you can't pony up some collateral.
I don't give any collateral because I don't have any to give.

Not to mention what happens if you book earns squat - how are you going to be able to pay back the loan if at all?
I've been working in this project for months and now it's ready to be launched. I'm confident it can make far more than enough to pay the initial invesment, the return on investment and still make profit. The book worths the price being asked (0.01 BTC each copy) and the quality is very good, so all it needs to sell is left to marketing. Since every referral partner will receive 50% comission then to cover the initial 1 BTC investment it's necessary to sell 200 copies, and 600 copies to cover the proposed ROI. I believe this is achievable.

Now what if for whatever reason the book doesn't sell enough to break even? Well in this case then neither of us gets paid, that's it, especially me, because the investor at least will automatically receive whatever the book makes up to 3 BTC.

I understand your concern about getting scammed, but let's make something clear: I'm not looking for a loan but for a business partner willing to invest 1 BTC. As with any investment there is always a risk, this one is no different. Now if you want to make 3 BTC without the risk of losing a single satoshi then there is an opportunity for you: you adapt the code to suit the website's needs and I pay you 3 BTC for that in the model described previously. Of course it requires you to know PHP, Python and MySQL, but at least it's risk free.

If you are really interested in participating contact me so we can discuss more details.
brownbear (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 09:38:36 PM

Too good to be true.
Look at your trust!
rustyw

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 02:26:11 AM

You might want to remove the link in your post that has the page with a unsecured "Download" button. At this point your giving the book away.  Roll Eyes
BIGMERVE

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 02:30:23 AM

Post a picture with a shoe on your head so we know you're real.

Duomo

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 05:28:41 AM

Why would anyone buy this when I just look at this book for free online?
I don't really like hardcover books anymore Tongue
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 3076

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 03:57:35 PM

According to the book license, you are not allowed to sell it.  You can only give it away.

You didn't bother to read the first pages of your "own" book?   Roll Eyes

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
brownbear (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 02:50:11 AM

According to the book license, you are not allowed to sell it.  You can only give it away.

You didn't bother to read the first pages of your "own" book?   Roll Eyes
I think the NonCommercial clause applies to others, not to the copyright holder. And even then they can sell it if they get permission from the copyright holder. See what I've found here:

CC's NonCommercial (NC) licenses allow rights holders to maximize distribution while maintaining control of the commercialization of their works. If you want to reserve the right to commercialize your work, you may do this by choosing a license with the NC condition. If someone else wants to use your work commercially and you have applied an NC license to your work, they must first get your permission. As the rights holder, you may still sell your own work commercially.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: