Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:25:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WHO WANTS TO SPLIT THE PRIZE- NEED HELP!  (Read 2104 times)
campycoin (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

Daily Bitcoins for your Paypal/Skrill

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 07:59:40 AM

Not sure if you saw, bitscan has a contest right now and it is pissing me off because I have spent 3 hours on it and it's for 0.1 btc

At this point, I'll take half that.  I am very close, in fact in anyone has a brute attack tool it is in the bag.  I have 25/30 of the private key but I can't figure out a few clues and need another set of eyes. 

click here and chat with me....  http://purechat.com/w/ubbbk

I need someone smart or with a brute tool at least

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
campycoin (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 08:14:09 AM

OKAY-

HERE....  IF SOMEONE WINS AT LEAST I CAN GO TO SLEEP....

It is a 30 character private key of all Caps and Numbers

Here are the clues that I need help on... if someone gives the correct clue, I will donate.

i know each clue has a certain number character response    Ie  If the answer is 2 character and clue is California  answer is CA

So I need 1 character for Assam  answer__________ have tried 1 and K
and 1 character for 111  answer________ have tried 1 and A

It is possible I have other answers wrong like

1 character for Ivy     I have 8 which must be correct
How about 2 character for London System  ______________ any guesses?
southerngentuk

Activity: 1316
Merit: 252

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 09:59:18 AM

Is it even possible to have a 30 Char Key with just capitals ext.. ?

Anyways just for fun..

SETL
M6
JB
Q
MU or 12 or 40 (not sure)
VL
DQ
D4
L
T
3G3
B9

Doesn't work for me though  Cheesy

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
campycoin (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 10:54:19 AM

SETL54M6YT5Q7MUVL?DQ??LT3G3B9
campycoin (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 10:55:07 AM

I think YT

Nevermind it's gone
southerngentuk

Activity: 1316
Merit: 252

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 01:14:13 PM

I think YT

Nevermind it's gone

yes its gone   Cheesy

i was going with JB as in James "Whitey" Bulger

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
counter

Activity: 798

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 08:41:02 PM

Sounds like some serious technical stuff going on with this contest.  I really hope to one day be able to better understand this stuff.  Sorry you didn't get the prize bud.
Cassius
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2014, 03:34:22 PM

Very good effort.
I've posted a new episode.
Good luck!
And this time - feel free to comment on the thread itself. All adds to the fun and you might get some hints as we go along. You'll also need to contact us to get the rest of the prize. Last time someone swept it without letting us know...
gondel
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 07:21:00 PM

Hi,
this sounds interesting, but waht kind of rebus is that Smiley Also cannot access you on the direct chat Smiley

BR,

Gondel
Cassius
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2014, 07:59:37 PM

Hi,
this sounds interesting, but waht kind of rebus is that Smiley

That's kind of the point - you need to figure it out. The clues have different principles behind them. If you look back at the last one and some of the answers in this thread, you'll get the overall idea.

Also cannot access you on the direct chat Smiley

Not sure I know what you mean by direct chat. You can PM me or leave a message here (though since it's Easter weekend I won't be able to get back to you straight away).

Realistically, I expect that people will guess most of the clues and then run a brute force cracker for the last few characters - though since every character represents a 32x increase in the time it takes, the more you can get the better.
campycoin (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 02:34:03 AM

Anybody getting anywhere with this one?  I didn't even think that someone would use a brute force tool and I don't know how to use one so I'm not going to put forth any effort on it.  I will say it is much harder than last time.  If anyone is a crossword genius, here are some of the clues that have me stumped....  Feel free to answer here or if you have a brute force tool and wanna play tag-team split the winnings HAHA   you can find me available on chat at http://purechat.com/w/jc

All answers must be capital letters and/or #'s   

Examples of hard clues from last contest

One was "Whitey" and it had a two character answer    We were all guessing JB and other people's initials, answer was YT

Some clues

FIRST COLUMN   # of characters        SECOND COLUMN CLUE         THIRD COLUMN ANSWER   

ie   
1      ivy                    answer is 4  (ivy = IV = 4)
3      head scanned     CAT

This weeks game (looking for any help)

1       spot
2       vides
2       G - B - D - F
3       (u+m)(u-m)
4       Llyswen ------> south
1       ...
1       1001

I'm lost

Cassius
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 05:48:25 AM

The main thread for this episode is https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=574700.0
Updates about the game and hints are posted there.
And yes, the last one turned out to be too easy!
campycoin (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 06:29:37 AM

Yeah, I think I'm out.  The problem is I didn't even think about brute force tools.  Last puzzle I spent hours and hours on, and I think I screwed myself because when I couldn't get the last clues (and it was not too easy.  If only $50 is up for grabs, 5 hours is max one could spend on it) I came here as you see and made the huge mistake of posting this: SETL54M6YT5Q7MUVL?DQ??LT3G3B9   It wasn't long after that the money was taken and not a word about it.  Why?  Easy... the person that took the btc did no work other than put my hard work into a brute force tool and take what I had worked on away from me.  So, if I ever do decide to take a look, I won't post here and honestly, it just frustrates me that a brute force tool can be used.  Maybe you could have people submit the password in a comment and allow each person 5 guesses or something.  I'm not wasting another 5 hours so some ass clown who can write a script can just let his computer solve it for them
Cassius
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 12:44:31 PM

Yeah, I think I'm out.  The problem is I didn't even think about brute force tools.  Last puzzle I spent hours and hours on, and I think I screwed myself because when I couldn't get the last clues (and it was not too easy.  If only $50 is up for grabs, 5 hours is max one could spend on it) I came here as you see and made the huge mistake of posting this: SETL54M6YT5Q7MUVL?DQ??LT3G3B9   It wasn't long after that the money was taken and not a word about it.  Why?  Easy... the person that took the btc did no work other than put my hard work into a brute force tool and take what I had worked on away from me.  So, if I ever do decide to take a look, I won't post here and honestly, it just frustrates me that a brute force tool can be used.  Maybe you could have people submit the password in a comment and allow each person 5 guesses or something.  I'm not wasting another 5 hours so some ass clown who can write a script can just let his computer solve it for them

I get your frustration. However, a brute force tool is only going to buy you a few characters.
Plus the prize isn't the only reason. This is supposed to be fun...
jambola2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1038

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 01:27:07 PM

What is the minimum chars to be exposed for it to be able to be bruteforced ?

32 possible alphanumeric characters and 30 digits in total are there in a private key as far as I know.

My PC can try generating vanity addresses at 10 million keys per second , but there are GPUs upto 25 million , so let me take 10 million as an average.

Assuming you give up all but 5 characters , it will need you to generate (32)^5 , which is 30 million keys. This will take 3 seconds.

Assuming you give up all but 8 characters , it will need you to generate (32)^8, which will take 30 hours.

Assuming you give up all but 12 characters , it will need you to generate (32)^12 keys , which will take 3600 years.

Once you are at around 7 digits it takes under an hour to brute force and it will take around a minute at 6 digits left

At this point only the hardest nuts will be left and it makes more sense to use a program.

TLDR ; Don't give out your answer so far if you have found 22 or more. If you can make a program , try using it at 6 digits left.

No longer active on bitcointalk, however, you can still reach me via PMs if needed.
jambola2
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 01:34:37 PM

I get your frustration. However, a brute force tool is only going to buy you a few characters.

A bruce force tool isn't bad...

It is just the equivalent of your lifelines in Who wants to be a millionaire.
Answer 24 , get 6 answered for you Tongue

No longer active on bitcointalk, however, you can still reach me via PMs if needed.
Cassius
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 02:24:10 PM

Exactly. However, you've got to be pretty sure the answers you've got are right, otherwise you're wasting time brute forcing the wrong key!
I don't know how much time it would take to guess each one, though I'd think that ~6 characters was worthwhile. I don't know whether hashing is the right analogy or not. You've got to convert the key to the address, which I think is a more complex function than a hash (someone correct me here?), then check it against the known address.
Regardless, other episodes won't be so amenable to brute forcing.
jambola2
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 03:25:37 PM

Yeah, I think I'm out.  The problem is I didn't even think about brute force tools.  Last puzzle I spent hours and hours on, and I think I screwed myself because when I couldn't get the last clues (and it was not too easy.  If only $50 is up for grabs, 5 hours is max one could spend on it) I came here as you see and made the huge mistake of posting this: SETL54M6YT5Q7MUVL?DQ??LT3G3B9   It wasn't long after that the money was taken and not a word about it.  Why?  Easy... the person that took the btc did no work other than put my hard work into a brute force tool and take what I had worked on away from me.  So, if I ever do decide to take a look, I won't post here and honestly, it just frustrates me that a brute force tool can be used.  Maybe you could have people submit the password in a comment and allow each person 5 guesses or something.  I'm not wasting another 5 hours so some ass clown who can write a script can just let his computer solve it for them

Exactly. However, you've got to be pretty sure the answers you've got are right, otherwise you're wasting time brute forcing the wrong key!
I don't know how much time it would take to guess each one, though I'd think that ~6 characters was worthwhile. I don't know whether hashing is the right analogy or not. You've got to convert the key to the address, which I think is a more complex function than a hash (someone correct me here?), then check it against the known address.
Regardless, other episodes won't be so amenable to brute forcing.

Well , my analogy is done to the speed taken to generate a vanity address.

This generates using random private keys , and can create 10 million addresses per second ( atleast on average ).

The program maintains this speed , while also checking if the key corresponds to the specified vanity address.

The same program will need to be applied but instead of specifying the first few digits , you would need to specify the entire address and part of the hash.

I calculated 6 characters would take 1.5 minutes , so even if an answer was wrong , you are set back only one minute.

By the way , these timings mentioned are those needed to uncover all possible private keys with a certain number of characters missing.
It should take on average half as long.

d2dtk

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 07:15:30 AM

I must be really tired or way out of my league. I under stood the 1 + ivy = IV but nothing more then that...Wish the best for all who play/solve that puzzle

campycoin (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 05:53:48 PM

It is dumb. 

I am sure I'm not the only one who just gave up.  I'm almost positive that no one is even trying.  There is $25 bucks at stake.  I spent 4 hours and now I wanna kill myself.

And even the clues are dumb.  So one of the clues was 360' and from that you need to decipher a 2 character answer.  Well in crosswords their are "crosswords" that help you get the answer but in this it is a total guessing game.  Then the guy comes out with a clue saying it could be 360 ft or 120 yeards but it is probably minutes if you convert it to hours.  WTF?  So 6 hrs.  uh 6h?  If 6h is the answer this is the dumbest f'n game ever.  And last time the Whitey being YT, well now when you think an answer is 40 or 60 or 65 now you have to think 4t or 6t or 6t5 or could it be 4d or 6d or 6d5. 

I mean honestly one of the clues is this:    ...          and you are supposed to come up with a 1 character answer?  Uhhhhhhh, dumb. 

Lastly, the last 8 or so character, which are about 4 clues, are all bold.  And the game maker says, "The last row is bold, not sure what that means"  Well WTF?  How would anyone?  It could be reverse all of them or just the ends or just the inside or maybe the bold goes first.  Moral of the story is, me and another guy tried for two hours and it just isn't worth it.   The writer needs to realize that this is not a crossword where if I don't know 8 down, 7 across and 6 across will help me.  In this game, it's a crap shoot and getting 30 in a row is impossible.

My 2 Satoshi
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: