Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 04:29:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Closed] RESULTS are in for Bitcoin Favorites of 2011!  (Read 7119 times)
bitcoinbetas (OP)

Activity: 240
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 30, 2011, 04:35:44 AM
Last edit: January 08, 2012, 02:40:43 AM by bitcoinbetas

RESULTS ARE IN ! for your Bitcoin Favorites for 2011!

Check out the winners!  Congratulations to Bit-Pay who cleared out 3 categories!  

Bitcoin Company of the year,  Bitcoin-start up of the year  & Bitcoin Merchant of the year!

overall, the contest provided an interesting insight into everyone's favorites thank you everyone  who participated in voting.

We will be doing this again at the end of the year of 2012!

http://bitcoinawards.bitcoinbetas.com/

With the new year winding down and a new one fast approaching its time for Bitcoin 2011 Awards!

Every winner in their category will get a Bitcoin Award Icon (can list on their website or avatar!) + a small amount of bitcoins as a reward.

You can vote here:  http://bitcoinawards.bitcoinbetas.com/[/b]

The contest/voting will start 2nd of January and end 6th of January 12:00 am with winners announced Saturday, January 7th.

Good luck to all your entries and if you have any other additions additional categories you want added you can still contact or reply below and it will added on the fly!. After people have voted I can't change it I can only add a category you deem fit. Thanks.

Happy New Year! Grin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2011, 05:05:14 AM

Not a suggestion for 'own category', but a suggestion nonetheless.

Humor Gold
Fails

We're a thick skinned community (for the most part) capably of taking a couple jabs.

~Bruno~
bitcoinbetas (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2011, 05:07:43 AM

Humor Gold
Fails

We're a thick skinned community (for the most part) capably of taking a couple jabs.

~Bruno~

Humor Gold and Fails are pretty good. There seems to have been some classic moments regarding this Wink
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2011, 05:11:47 AM

Humor Gold
Fails

~Bruno~

Humor Gold and Fails are pretty good. There seems to have been some classic moments regarding this Wink

Great! Only 3 posts into this, and you feel a need to imply the heaviest:

bitcoinbetas (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2011, 05:15:29 AM

Humor Gold
Fails

~Bruno~

Great! Only 3 posts into this, and you feel a need to imply the heaviest:

Oh gosh that is classic haha  I noticed your in the running for "Best Bitcoin Community Achievement Award" for your Bitcoin100   as Austin Powers would say veryyy niiiiceee...

old_engineer

Activity: 387

View Profile
December 30, 2011, 05:16:39 AM

The Bitcoin Community Achievement Award of 2011 has to go to Bruce Wagner, who united the Bitcoin community, though perhaps not in the way he intended.
bitcoinbetas (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2011, 05:20:24 AM

The Bitcoin Community Achievement Award of 2011 has to go to Bruce Wagner, who united the Bitcoin community, though perhaps not in the way he intended.

Maybe, the "Bitcoin Accidental Achievement Award" then  Wink  I noticed someone already but a column up for "Worst Bitcoin Business"  Mt. Gox  Cheesy ahaha
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2011, 05:49:23 AM

I noticed your in the running for "Best Bitcoin Community Achievement Award" for your Bitcoin100

WOW! That was kind of whom ever did that of which, by the way, was not me. I just visited that speadsheet for the first time a couple minutes ago. I thought I would get nominated for the Get Smart Award, with most here being well aware of my detective skills. (I once offered up proof that Jacob Goldstein with NPR was Tom Williams)

~Bruno~
Coinabul

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Coinabul - Gold Unbarred

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2011, 06:17:51 AM

Donated a couple of coins!
I like this idea very much.
Cheers!

Coinabul.com - Gold Unbarred
Website owners, let me put my ads on your site! PM me!
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2011, 07:01:03 AM

Cheers!

I missed the donation page. I just sent 1 BTC. Here's the address, Folks: 19EMfcpF36uXzQtuDBFaL4dYnqdm5fcMmM

~Bruno~
bitcoinbetas (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2011, 08:43:09 AM

Cheers!

Thanks Coinabul! it will be interesting to see who votes for who and Happy Holidays!
bitcoinbetas (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2011, 08:44:04 AM

Cheers!

I missed the donation page. I just sent 1 BTC. Here's the address, Folks: 19EMfcpF36uXzQtuDBFaL4dYnqdm5fcMmM

~Bruno~

Thanks Phinnaeus Cage got it!  I'll keep you posted! Grin
bitcoinbetas (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2011, 06:23:17 PM
Last edit: December 30, 2011, 07:05:35 PM by bitcoinbetas

Thanks to everyone who put bitcoins toward the winners of the 2011 Bitcoin Awards!

we are up to 5.65 BTC!  keep on nominating. To add to the winning "pool"  send BTC to: 19EMfcpF36uXzQtuDBFaL4dYnqdm5fcMmM

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkSt3A7AqiRSdHlCaVBSLVY5UU96U1ZMcEFjMUxaTHc
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2011, 08:48:39 PM

wow this is awesome! Sending some coins now.

Thanks to everyone who nominated Bitinstant, myself, Roger Ver, Gareth Nelson, and 'Yankee' to their respective categories  Grin

If we win, we would like to donate the winnings to the Bitcoin100 to be used for Charity

Have a great weekend and happy new year!

Charlie

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
bitcoinbetas (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2011, 08:51:44 PM

wow this is awesome! Sending some coins now.

Thanks to everyone who nominated Bitinstant, myself, Roger Ver, Gareth Nelson, and 'Yankee' to their respective categories  Grin

If we win, we would like to donate the winnings to the Bitcoin100 to be used for Charity

Have a great weekend and happy new year!

Charlie

Thanks Charlie for any donation! Good idea about the bitcoin100 donation great idea. I figured it would be a good way to end 2011 with a bang!  Grin  Everyone works so hard its time to acknowledge this. The voting will open January 2nd so stay tune!
Astro

Activity: 284

View Profile
December 30, 2011, 09:40:59 PM

Category suggestions:

Most Audacious Bitcoin Scam
Best MtGox Hardware Failure
Best MtGox Software Failure
Best MtGox Security Failure
bitcoinbetas (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2011, 09:46:35 PM

Category suggestions:

Most Audacious Bitcoin Scam
Best MtGox Hardware Failure
Best MtGox Software Failure
Best MtGox Security Failure

I believe  the "most audacious bitcoin scam" is already on there  Shocked  and Mt.Gox is all over there.
genjix
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1076

View Profile
December 30, 2011, 10:08:00 PM

One thing. I looked on there and saw someone added bitcoinconsultancy.com, intersango.com, bitcoinmedia.com, libbitcoin.org, bitgroups.org. FYI, we're the same group Smiley Usually we say Bitcoin Consultancy is the umbrella (although it's more accurate to call it the R&D arm).

So probably you want to make that as one entry.

Also maybe consolidate Startup and Company? Bitcoin is still young, and every company listed is also a startup.

I added buttcoin on there. They are cool.
bitcoinbetas (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2011, 10:56:20 PM

One thing. I looked on there and saw someone added bitcoinconsultancy.com, intersango.com, bitcoinmedia.com, libbitcoin.org, bitgroups.org. FYI, we're the same group Smiley Usually we say Bitcoin Consultancy is the umbrella (although it's more accurate to call it the R&D arm).

So probably you want to make that as one entry.

Also maybe consolidate Startup and Company? Bitcoin is still young, and every company listed is also a startup.

I added buttcoin on there. They are cool.

Yes, noticed that was done! I'll make note of it. Yes, I suppose there are "older" bitcoin company's like mt.gox for example and young one's like Dialcoin.com.  Excellent addition of Buttcoin! Grin
grubles

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

mistaken for gribble since 2011

View Profile
December 30, 2011, 11:08:03 PM

I just watched someone delete a couple people including myself off of the Person of the Year list. I added myself back, of course. Smiley

BM-NBi5PcH8BBqDVp7WSJe2pNgqEVvTjd6T
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: