Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:45:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Closed] RESULTS are in for Bitcoin Favorites of 2011!  (Read 7115 times)
bitcoinbetas (OP)

Activity: 240
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 02, 2012, 07:41:10 PM

Is this "voting" really serious ?

• "Pools" category is missing BTCguild, one of top3 mining pools.
  • "Miner" category is missing poclbm (or GUIminer) - almost the first GPU miner and almost the most popular one
  • "Nefario being denied entry to the US after mentioning Bitcoins" - where did you get that info ? The article says that he was not allowed to enter USA because he had not enough cash/funds to live there or failed to prove it.

No, its not a scientific poll your welcome to come up with your own ?  And yes Nefario was denied entry because he mentioned he only had bitcoins not cash ?
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoinbetas (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2012, 07:42:04 PM

I just saw the final list..

Ummmm where is my nomination ?

This didnt seem to work very well.

No point to voting.. Ill wait for the next one done right

Vandalism just the way it is. Next time I'll come up with a better way the first go-around's always have hiccup's.
Luke-Jr
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
January 02, 2012, 07:43:18 PM

People have donated rewards based on the implied assumption this would be conducted properly/fairly. If that isn't the case, please figure out how to refund them so they can donate them to someone else who can conduct a proper 2011 award contest.

bitcoinbetas (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2012, 07:45:13 PM

People have donated rewards based on the implied assumption this would be conducted properly/fairly. If that isn't the case, please figure out how to refund them so they can donate them to someone else who can conduct a proper 2011 award contest.

I'll let them decide that. It isn't up to you or me for that matter. So far nobody has asked for a refund and no I never guaranteed an accurate poll where did I state that ?
DeepBit
Donator

Activity: 532
Merit: 501

We have cookies

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2012, 07:48:08 PM

I never guaranteed an accurate poll where did I state that ?
Ok, but what's the point of making knowingly inaccurate one ?
I mean, why throw out a top3 pool and top GPU miner from the list ?

And yes Nefario was denied entry because he mentioned he only had bitcoins not cash ?
So they would allow entry if he didn't said anything about bitcoins, but just not having cash ?
Yes, you can say "USA customs don't account bitcoins as convertible currency", but you CAN'T say that wasn't allowed to enter because he mentioned bitcoins.

Welcome to my bitcoin mining pool: https://deepbit.net ~ 3600 GH/s, Both payment schemes, instant payout, no invalid blocks !
Coming soon: ICBIT Trading platform
bitcoinbetas (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2012, 07:50:17 PM

And who determines its accurate ? everyone has an opinion and since one thing is misplaced doesn't make the poll  in accurate. Like I said you can equally come up with a poll and put it out there nothing is stopping you?
bitcoinbetas (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2012, 07:54:17 PM

I mean, why throw out a top3 pool and top GPU miner from the list ?

And yes Nefario was denied entry because he mentioned he only had bitcoins not cash ?
So they would allow entry if he didn't said anything about bitcoins, but just not having cash ?
Yes, you can say "USA customs don't account bitcoins as convertible currency", but you CAN'T say that wasn't allowed to enter because he mentioned bitcoins.

I never threw anything out I went with the latest revision I had wrong or right I went with what I had. You had ample time to correct it or PM me to correct my contact information was everywhere.

As far as Nefario I know it sure didn't help mentioning bitcoins since that was the main point he was there and the main reason he was turned around ?  The whole reason it was an article was based on that point ?
DeepBit
Donator

Activity: 532
Merit: 501

We have cookies

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2012, 08:00:34 PM

I never threw anything out I went with the latest revision I had wrong or right I went with what I had. You had ample time to correct it or PM me to correct my contact information was everywhere.
I checked the Google spreadsheet and everything was fine there.

Welcome to my bitcoin mining pool: https://deepbit.net ~ 3600 GH/s, Both payment schemes, instant payout, no invalid blocks !
Coming soon: ICBIT Trading platform
bitcoinbetas (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2012, 08:04:36 PM

I checked the Google spreadsheet and everything was fine there.

Actually, the lastest one only had 3 and none of the people you mentioned where in there. So obviously, vandalism . I don't have time to monitor every person and what they were doing to the sheet obviously the erased it for a reason. I knew that wasn't right so I went with one that had a few more in it and still neither of what you mentioned was there.
Luke-Jr
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2012, 08:05:35 PM

I tried. You merely reassured me that you had it under control and not to worry about it:
This spreadsheet needs some moderation. Too many vandals.

Don't worry I got back up copies and I'm doing some moderation.

bitcoinbetas (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2012, 08:07:00 PM
Last edit: January 02, 2012, 08:18:48 PM by bitcoinbetas

I tried. You merely reassured me that you had it under control and not to worry about it:
This spreadsheet needs some moderation. Too many vandals.

Don't worry I got back up copies and I'm doing some moderation.
back-ups = revisions tracking that google docs has and once in awhile I saved a copy but every time I went back people have erased to many things I had to go with some something.

edit: Keep in mind its a double edge sword if "locked it down" with  who I thought should be there  someone surely would complain regardless or let everyone at least have a chance to put in who they think ( whether accurate or not)  I would be damned either way so I went with one of the lesser of two evil's and stuck with a transparent method.
naypalm
Legendary

Activity: 1272
Merit: 1012

howdy

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2012, 09:24:24 PM

LOL awesome poll. Grin

bitcoinbetas (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2012, 09:27:22 PM

LOL awesome poll. Grin

LOL I try ....thanks!  Grin
Luke-Jr
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2012, 10:05:23 PM

edit: Keep in mind its a double edge sword if "locked it down" with  who I thought should be there  someone surely would complain regardless or let everyone at least have a chance to put in who they think ( whether accurate or not)  I would be damned either way so I went with one of the lesser of two evil's and stuck with a transparent method.
Saying you're doing one thing (moderating it) while doing the opposite (not moderating it) is NOT transparent.

bitcoinbetas (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2012, 10:06:33 PM

Saying you're doing one thing (moderating it) while doing the opposite (not moderating it) is NOT transparent.

I never said I was a perfect Moderator ? and I never said I wasn't moderating it ?  I just have no say in what should be included and what shouldn't its not up to me it was up to you all. On obvious things I did my best.
Luke-Jr
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2012, 10:14:20 PM

I never said I was a perfect Moderator ? and I never said I wasn't moderating it ?  I just have no say in what should be included and what shouldn't its not up to me it was up to you all. On obvious things I did my best.
Leaving out the most popular pools, high profile developers, etc while including dead pools, etc, is not moderation. If you made a decision to do so, it's basically trolling. If you didn't make a decision (I think you mentioned you just took it as-is at some point), it's unmoderated.

bitcoinbetas (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2012, 10:18:09 PM

Leaving out the most popular pools, high profile developers, etc while including dead pools, etc, is not moderation. If you made a decision to do so, it's basically trolling. If you didn't make a decision (I think you mentioned you just took it as-is at some point), it's unmoderated.

First, I'm not going to be able to get every developer ( wasn't up to me duh its called "nominees" for a reason) and obviously not everyone put those in so of course someone is going to get left out and your going to complain about it right ? Secondly, my moderation was only the obvious ( Grant it I don't know much about pools ) I wasn't going to "research" every entry and sure as hell wasn't going to ask everyone again what is right in wrong since its all subjective anyways. Also, like I said this isn't a scientific poll even if I did include a dead poll who cares I wanted as much humor in it as possible also if that is trolling then don't vote!  Grin
Coinbuck @ BTCLot

Activity: 540
Merit: 500

The future begins today

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2012, 10:59:30 PM

Astana has been removed from the list of Worst Forum Member of the Year, I remember to see him on the list.

Bitcoin is the future !
bitcoinbetas (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2012, 11:31:10 PM

Astana has been removed from the list of Worst Forum Member of the Year, I remember to see him on the list.

I believe Astana was moved in and out a couple of times.

Also a mid-week [bump]  the votes are close ! so keep voting!
Alphonso Bedoya

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2012, 12:55:40 PM

Nice idea and the site works well.  Thanks for doing this.  I just sent a wee bit to the fund.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: