Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 03:24:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who would like to have ios BTC wallet?  (Read 3321 times)
fruitwallet (OP)

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 12:53:18 PM

Great to hear, @vabtc
We will update app to Beta 0.3 in few hours it would be much more friendly  Cool

@medUSA That is true that we keep all your coins on our server. We keep it safe from intruders. And we don't give you keys for your wallet.dat.
All these makes using fruitwallet just a matter of trust. If you are afraid we can steal your money, just don't keep much on fruitwallet.
Fruitwallet - light, easy storage for POCKET money.

Stay tuned
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 01:07:28 PM

it's not an app, it's a web interface, which works with safari iOS browser. I've been testing it for FruitWallet and it seems to work well.

Does it support grabbing QRCode with the built-in phone camera? I know is a long shot  Undecided

yes, it imports BTC address from QR code - but not like a QR scanner - it takes a picture (which it doesn't save on internal memory) and scans it behind the scenes to import the address.

Wow, great! However, I do have concerns on the security of my coins...  Undecided
May be I will just setup the account without any coins.
Thanks, raskul.

i'm using it for only a minimal amount of coins - basically, just loading it with enough in case I need to use them when i'm out and about; a bit like a mobile purse, no need to use it for all my transactions - what I do know, you can mine to it if need be: i mined a round on eligius using the wallet address and coins were received without a problem (and since, spent.)

Grin

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
medUSA
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1003

--Signature Designs-- http://bit.ly/1Pjbx77

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 07:33:11 AM
Last edit: March 28, 2014, 07:21:22 AM by medUSA

I played with FruitWallet for a while and was comfortable with it. I might use it for small transactions.

Setting up was very easy. Involved going to the site in Safari and register online. I was however slightly put off by a prompt to install a "Profile"(verified) with five "Signing Certificates". I googled them and they seem to be certificates, rather than a more malicious profile. So, got them installed after entering my own iOS security code. I think FruitWallet need to write a step-by-step guide on installation, so users know what to expect on installation.

The interface of FruitWallet is nearly identical to iOS, like what you would find in "Settings" of your device, so well done on that. The white menu items currently pans the whole width of the screen.  I would prefer leaving some grey edges on both sides (like white boxes on grey background).

FruitWallet provides 1 single bitcoin address for the user and there seems to be no option to add another. It operates as a virtual address. Users do not have the private key to their address, and the funds sent to the address will be sent out to a common pool after a few confirmations.

When new funds arrive, you get an email notification sent to the registered email address. The wallet do not refresh periodically, so you have to click around for the transactions to show up. On the dashboard "Spendable" shows confirmed balance and "Balance" includes confirmed and unconfirmed balance.

This is a very usable wallet solution for iOS devices. Some will be hesitant because users have no keys and thus no control over the address. So, only use it for small transactions.

Will do more testing later on...

Activity: 82

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 02:10:49 PM

I played with FruitWallet a while and was comfortable with it. I might use it for small transactions.

Setting up was very easy. Involved going to the site in Safari and register online. I was however slightly put off by a prompt to install a "Profile"(verified) with five "Signing Certificates". I googled them and they seem to be certificates, rather than a more malicious profile. So, got them installed after entering my own iOS security code. I think FruitWallet need to write a step-by-step guide on installation, so users known what to expect on installation.

The interface of FruitWallet is nearly identical to iOS, like what you would find in "Settings" of your device, so well done on that. The white menu items currently pans the whole width of the screen.  I would prefer , leaving some grey edges on both sides (like white boxes on grey background).

FruitWallet provides 1 single bitcoin address for the user and there seems to be no option to add another. It operates as a virtual address. Users do not have the private key of their address, and the funds sent to the address will be sent out to a common pool after a few confirmations.

When new funds arrive, you get an email notification sent to the registered email address. The wallet do not refresh periodically, so you have to click around for the transactions to show up. On the dashboard "Spendable" shows confirmed balance and "Balance" includes confirmed and unconfirmed balance.

This is a very usable wallet solution for iOS devices. Some will be hesitant because users have no keys and thus no control over the address. So, only use it for small transactions.

Will do more testing later on...

FruitWallet,wuu..thank you for sharing your experience.
fruitwallet (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 04:57:18 PM

1976, don't know what wuu... means  Wink
Is that something good?
fruitwallet (OP)

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 01:10:31 PM

Guys,
Deployed Beta 0.4.
Fixed some critical bugs.
New features:
1. Minimal withdraw 0.001 BTC.
2. Still no additional fees. But you have to leave at least 0.0002 BTC on you balance when sending.

For those who didn't follow the thread.
Fruitwallet - light ios bitcoin wallet with protection on hardware level.
Ios -> Safari -> fruitwallet.com

Have a great time!
raskul

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 01:13:01 PM

Guys,
Deployed Beta 0.4.
New features:
2. Still no additional fees. But you have to leave at least 0.0002 BTC on you balance when sending.

Have a great time!

all good, thanks for fixing this.

timecoin

Activity: 70

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 01:36:22 PM
Last edit: April 11, 2014, 08:24:11 PM by timecoin

Guys,
Deployed Beta 0.4.
New features:

Have a great time!

When one bank goes bankrupt, you didn't tell that all banks should now work in other way. You have to deal with the risk to get additional service, this is the game rules.

I understand that you can't sleep well when somebody owns something that is considered yours.
But I was sure that it is normal nowadays. Examples: your insurance, patrol cards, banking cards, facebook (owns everything about you) same thing with google. Pilots? when you are in the plane they own something yours.... aren't they?

raskul

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 01:37:32 PM

I do not use iPhone, I use the Android mobile phone.

then this is not for you  Wink

fruitwallet (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 01:46:38 PM
Last edit: April 06, 2014, 05:50:02 PM by fruitwallet

Recorded a short Sent transaction demo. Made on my iPhone 5C.
http://youtu.be/uhZ6GdEPhys
coinnewbit

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 10:50:23 AM

I do not use iPhone, I use the Android mobile phone.

then this is not for you  Wink
hey fruit wallet can we change our user agent to iphone safari agent? are you planning on working on android after realeasing the apple wallet?
fruitwallet (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 01:44:31 PM

hey fruit wallet can we change our user agent to iphone safari agent? are you planning on working on android after realeasing the apple wallet?

Thanks for asking. I'm not sure it will work, but we never tried to access app from non ios devices. At least you will not pass hardware verification process.
My name is Max btw Smiley
I don't think android users need wallets, there are plenty of them in Google Play.
The case we stick to Apple:
1. They blocked all wallets in AppStore.
2. We found nice method to protect wallet on ios hardware level.

Our plan is to implement LTC in few weeks.
And there is a high possibility that we will start developing fruitwallet PRO which keeps user keys in iphone local storage.

Now we are the lightest app for BTC on IOS for keeping SMALL amounts of btc. And many users like that.
But we keep the keys, so some (many) paranoid users will never use our service as it is.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: