Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:19:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bug in Bitcoin Core 0.9.0? - "conflicted" transactions ?  (Read 6167 times)
drrussellshane (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 11:10:11 PM

Today I opened Bitcoin Core to find a 0.00 BTC balance.

After initially slightly freaking out, I click the Transactions tab, and find that my transactions are there, but the status had changed to "conflicted".

This wallet has been "handed down" through the differing versions of the reference client since 2011.

The transactions are well past "confirmed", so why the "conflicted" status now?

Buy a TREZOR! Premier BTC hardware wallet. If you're reading this, you should probably buy one if you don't already have one. You'll thank me later.
greenlion

Activity: 667
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 11:38:42 PM

https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/3669
cryptomatt

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 11:44:50 PM

From release notes:

RPC:

- New notion of 'conflicted' transactions, reported as confirmations: -1

I would stick your address into blockchain.info and verify the balance.  Then try to do a "-rescan" in the debug console of the client.
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 12:14:03 AM

From release notes:

RPC:

- New notion of 'conflicted' transactions, reported as confirmations: -1

I would stick your address into blockchain.info and verify the balance.  Then try to do a "-rescan" in the debug console of the client.

that is good idea and we hope that will work.

If blockchain.info is showing right ballance - you can not to worry about it - rescan should do the trick - it might take a while.
buttkinz

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 07:51:18 PM

iv noticed a problem with this too, if i send bitcoins when the database is updating its sending transactions as normal but setting it as conflicted and still going out of my wallet, also the dates are messed up with a transaction i sent today showing up as sent last year.    losing a lot of bitcoins at the moment Sad
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 10:34:34 PM

If you send a transaction with the same sending address as the change address, then send from the output of the first transaction back to the sending address, it triggers the error as well.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 10:49:03 PM

if i send bitcoins when the database is updating its sending transactions as normal

Roll Eyes i can't do this with a "official" version of Bitcoin Core ...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: