Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 02:45:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why the low volume on Bittrex?  (Read 822 times)
dogechode (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 03:06:04 AM

I just recently discovered Bittrex, around the time Crypto Rush ran into its recent set of issues.

I like Bittrex a lot, they seem to have a decent number of coins (and more are constantly being added) and if the people listed on the about page are really running the site, then they actually have some very legit developers behind it.

My only question is, why is the volume so low? It seems like an awesome US-based exchange that is run by real IT professionals who aren't hiding their identity (and frankly I feel like a US-based exchange is less likely to pull a scam. I'm not trying to knock other countries but it just seems like being based in the US makes prosecution more likely and more difficult to run away from in the event of any shenanigans.)

How many bitcointalk members are using Bittrex? What have your experiences been?
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 11:53:23 AM

Well volume is low perhaps because there are better exchanges than this one.
Or perhaps they are just not so lucky :-)

Bter seems much better for me.
pandher
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

Stagnation is Death

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 12:18:56 PM

Bter is in no way better than bittrex, bter cannot even detect blockchain attacks

There are two highly underrated exchanges today - Bittrex, Comkort
poncom

Activity: 318
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 01:18:09 PM

They are a new exchange and I assume they opened in recently 2014 judging by the copyright at the bottom of their page. It takes time to build trust and so many exchanges outright scam people or get hacked nowadays that an exchange has to demonstrate it is reliable for a long period of time before people really start trusting it in big numbers.

I considered trading fair coin there but as you say, the volume is very low. Since the 4th of this month the biggest fair coin trade has been for 2100 coins which is nothing compared to mintpal. I guess it must have opened later than mintpal.
dogechode (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 01:27:41 PM

Ironically it seems like the sketchier exchanges get crazy high traffic in no time. I haven't been able to do much trading on Bittrex yet (I have orders placed but there just isn't enough volume) but I would like to see it grow since it seems very clean and legit. We need to support legit sites if we want the scams to end.

Frankly I use but don't particularly love Mintpal - the whole accepting bribes and calling it "paid voting" or whatever nonsense they call it now, is really shady to me.
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 03:16:58 PM

Bter is in no way better than bittrex, bter cannot even detect blockchain attacks

There are two highly underrated exchanges today - Bittrex, Comkort

So why so many people trade @bter indtead of bittrex? Smiley

You can always try BitSource.org too Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: