Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:57:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Slush's Pool Round/Bitcoin Calculator?  (Read 6698 times)
strangerhacks (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 04:01:40 AM

I started bit mining on March 25th and my rig mines at around 25GHash/s, I've been noticing that no matter how long the rounds are on Slush's Pool, I always make around $0.20, doesn't matter if a round lasts 16 hours or 13 minutes, I always earn the same amount so why the long rounds? Why are they so inconsistent? Why can't Slush's pool have shot rounds every 3ish minutes like BTC Guild?

I've noticed that on BTC Guild which I'm on the fence about switching too, I make around a $1 every 24 hour period which is pretty well what my hardware is calculated too but with Slush's pool.. Sometimes I do make a dollar a day, other days I make 20, maybe 40 cents.. What's the deal? I can't really find anything for why BTC Guild is so consistent and Slush's pool is random by hours.. The current round on Slush's pool has been going for just over 16 hours now and my estimated earnings is BTC0.00048 which is right around the 20 cent profit I usually make.. 16+ hours and only making 20 cent..
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mmpool

Activity: 375
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 05:51:31 AM

I can't really find anything for why BTC Guild is so consistent and Slush's pool is random by hours..
BTCGuild has a higher hash rate than Slush and less variance as a result. This is why Slush pool rounds will vary more than BTCGuild's.

mmpool.org - BTC Pool - DGM - pays tx fees/vardiff/merge mining/tor
strangerhacks (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 07:29:09 AM
Last edit: April 08, 2014, 05:07:23 PM by strangerhacks

So how would Slush's Pool become more consistent? Add higher hash rate rigs on their pool? Find friends to switch from BTC Guild back to Slush's Pool? A few friends of mine told me to switch to BTC Guild which is why I started looking into the inconsistency of Slush's Pool rounds.

On the 24 hour run on Slush's Pool for I made BTC0.00142218 which is about 60 cents, I just started a new 24 hour run on BTC Guild to see how things go there. it's been about 3 hours and I'm at BTC0.00007019 which is around 3 cents so in good time I'll see if round consistency actually pays off (no pun intended lol)

EDIT:
Half way into my test and I've earned about 12 cents so based on this I believe I'm actually earning the same amount regardless of round consistency. 11 hours to go I'll know for sure but I think I'll be staying with Slush's Pool if BTC Guild has the same payout.
strangerhacks (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 10:30:47 PM

Okay, I'm cutting the test short early, it just occurred to me that I'm actually making less at BTC Guild then I am at Slush's Pool. Sure BTC Guild is more consistent with round accuracy but the blocks are not, I noticed that the last 3 rounds went by where 0 blocks were found so for those 3 rounds all of the shares went towards nothing, the 2 rounds before that found 1 share but for some reason my payout was a lot less with the same average of ~15,000 shares which for some reason only earned me 0.4 of a cent.. So I've rounded it to an average of about 2 cents an hour with the block and payout fluctuations which means that at BTC Guild, I'm making about 48 cents in a 24 hour period, but at Slush's Pool I make about 20 cents a round, but some rounds only take a few minutes and others take a few hours so the only way I'll make less at Slush's Pool is if every round is longer then say 12 hours.

So I suppose I can safely say that unless every round at Slush's pool is longer then 12 hours, I'm going to stay there. How can I help Slush's Pool have a higher hash rate for shorter rounds? Just add more rigs? I'm looking into the Antminer S1's finally, I got my fix with the little USB things and I'm ready to start big boy mining.
Codemeister

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

Hobby Miner

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 08:06:01 AM

How can I help Slush's Pool have a higher hash rate for shorter rounds? Just add more rigs?

This ^
TheDundalkMiner

Activity: 30

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 06:15:17 PM

How can I help Slush's Pool have a higher hash rate for shorter rounds? Just add more rigs?

This ^

I just added two antMiner S1s to Slush's pool after considering the others. I like the "small" pool who's been around forever and also the idea of tipping some percentage points away from the huge players. Let's move the needle away from 51% as this shakeout continues.

Good luck with your mining! FWIW, I got my antMiner S1s from the guys at http://www.ninjatech.org/ and they had them to me in 4 business days and had great communications throughout. I'd recommend them.

Thanks, TDM
Meech

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 11:56:29 PM

This ^

I just added two antMiner S1s to Slush's pool after considering the others. I like the "small" pool who's been around forever and also the idea of tipping some percentage points away from the huge players. Let's move the needle away from 51% as this shakeout continues.

Good luck with your mining! FWIW, I got my antMiner S1s from the guys at http://www.ninjatech.org/ and they had them to me in 4 business days and had great communications throughout. I'd recommend them.

Thanks, TDM

I have been a firm believer in supporting Slush's Pool since joining last fall.  All research tends to point in Slush's favor.  It is consistent but I am persuaded by the lack of GUI interface, that isn't a huge factor but adds to the enjoyment of mining.  Good Luck with your Antminers ( I have 4 currently) they for now provide an excellent hash per dollar for starting.  Alas another difficulty leap, ugh!
Regards,

Meech         http://pbmining.com?ref=Meech
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: