Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:23:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Great Bitcoin New Year's Eve Rally  (Read 8121 times)
Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
December 31, 2011, 03:35:04 PM

Just woke up, and I totally called this rally from last night.  You bears just got pwned!!!

Well, I just came back from a NYE party (same time zone as MtGox) and was really suprised to see the spike to $4.99.

Now, for the person who called it.... Was it blind luck?  Intuition?  Chart reading voodoo?  Or insider info about someone who wanted to buy bitcoins in a hurry?  I'm sure this forum would love to know.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ineededausername (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
December 31, 2011, 03:35:54 PM

Just woke up, and I totally called this rally from last night.  You bears just got pwned!!!

Well, I just came back from a NYE party (same time zone as MtGox) and was really suprised to see the spike to $4.99.

Now, for the person who called it.... Was it blind luck?  Intuition?  Chart reading voodoo?  Or insider info about someone who wanted to buy bitcoins in a hurry?  I'm sure this forum would love to know.

Intuition + chart reading voodoo Wink

(BFL)^2 < 0
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 31, 2011, 03:45:27 PM

we needed you to leave the premises first before we got things going  Wink
Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
December 31, 2011, 03:54:12 PM

we needed you to leave the premises first before we got things going  Wink

LOL  Cheesy

Seems I need to go to more parties.  Heading off to bed in a few minutes.  Feel free to let the rally continue  Wink
ineededausername (OP)

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
December 31, 2011, 04:05:32 PM

He just went to bed and the rally continued! hell yeah!

(BFL)^2 < 0
GeniuSxBoY

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 31, 2011, 07:05:18 PM

Wish I knew who it was, I'd give them a BIG thank you.
But, you know what?
They made a safe investment this time. The price is going to hit $10 easily and they're going to make a quick $250,000, $500,000, or even a cool mill if they stay in the game that long.

Another big thanks to MtGox for saving the entire bitcoin project. Without them, bitcoin wouldn't exist.

Be humble!
FlipPro
Legendary

Merit: 1015

View Profile
December 31, 2011, 08:48:20 PM

BEARZ GETTING PWNT *HEHEHE* Cheesy!
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
December 31, 2011, 09:23:49 PM

Wish I knew who it was, I'd give them a BIG thank you.
But, you know what?
They made a safe investment this time. The price is going to hit $10 easily and they're going to make a quick $250,000, $500,000, or even a cool mill if they stay in the game that long.

Another big thanks to MtGox for saving the entire bitcoin project. Without them, bitcoin wouldn't exist.

Welcome Back, Genius Boy!
GeniuSxBoY

View Profile
December 31, 2011, 09:56:45 PM

Thank you cypherdoc!

Seen oldminer around lately?

Be humble!
ineededausername (OP)

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
December 31, 2011, 10:10:20 PM

Thank you cypherdoc!

Oldminer died in a mining accident Sad
I haven't seen him for months.

(BFL)^2 < 0
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
December 31, 2011, 11:27:24 PM

Thank you cypherdoc!

no, i haven't.  alot of the old guys have disappeared and been replaced with new ones.

probably died during the crash. Shocked
GeniuSxBoY

View Profile
January 01, 2012, 12:03:53 AM

Probably lost his ass. lol

I gave bitcoin up but I've been watching it to see the behavior of a dying stock. I didn't look at it for about 4 weeks. then I saw it get back up to $4. I was like WTF?!

Then I checked everything out and it looks like mtgox, although basically a monopoly in bitcoin right now, looks to have gotten his shit together! He even took my suggestion about being a virtual bitcoin bank. I don't have to worry about messing with bitcoin or clients, I can send and receive funds to other users using a simple transfer from mtgox. Because of this, I think this currency has a whole new life ahead of it. I'm excited!

Be humble!
teflone

Activity: 770

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
January 01, 2012, 12:35:53 AM

Ok.. officially 7:35 EST, wow!

I just saw the sign, showed itself for a brief second...

The fit is about to hit the shan... Smiley

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2012, 12:38:38 AM

I gave bitcoin up but I've been watching it to see the behavior of a dying stock. I didn't look at it for about 4 weeks. then I saw it get back up to $4. I was like WTF?!

Then I checked everything out and it looks like mtgox, although basically a monopoly in bitcoin right now, looks to have gotten his shit together! He even took my suggestion about being a virtual bitcoin bank. I don't have to worry about messing with bitcoin or clients, I can send and receive funds to other users using a simple transfer from mtgox. Because of this, I think this currency has a whole new life ahead of it. I'm excited!

why would u think that it died?  the sourcecode has never been hacked and the blockchain is intact.

thats all that matters.  gox is just a peripheral player.
GeniuSxBoY

View Profile
January 01, 2012, 01:19:27 AM

why would u think that it died?  the sourcecode has never been hacked and the blockchain is intact.

thats all that matters.  gox is just a peripheral player.

That's not all that matters. The players of the game matter. The reason bitcoins went to $2 is because of crime, corruption, dishonesty, and injustice.  It was just too hard to secure coins without worrying about inadvertently downloading a virus or being hacked. Even Google ads carry virii now. It's sad. Once you get a virus that was designed to steal bitcoins, it only takes a nanosecond to lose everything. You can say "Hey don't get a virus" but that is unrealistic because the virus removal business pretty huge which is proof the majority of people get them and proof the majority of hackers are writing code to keep them in business. Personally, I still get viruses despite my best efforts. Hell, even the US Chamber of Commerce has been hacked by China according to an article dated December 22, 2011: (http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/united-states/us-chamber-of-commerce-hacked-by-china-162233.html).
To say that bitcoins should survive solely because it hasn't been hacked yet.... keyword YET....is not a safe prognosis. We have to have a plan B for WHEN, not IF, it is going to be hacked.

In conclusion, I think it should have died because the internet is still too wild too tame and there is no governing force or trust within the vendors.

On the other hand, I think it should SURVIVE because the value of currency lead by the world's governments is being manipulated and it should die, too, at the hands of untrustworthy vendors and lack of a government to govern the government.

Be humble!
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904

View Profile
January 01, 2012, 01:22:58 AM

Software monoculture is just as bad as crop monoculture.  If you are running the same set of software as more than a million people, your setup will be cracked.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
plastic.elastic

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 01, 2012, 01:25:09 AM

why would u think that it died?  the sourcecode has never been hacked and the blockchain is intact.

thats all that matters.  gox is just a peripheral player.

That's not all that matters. The players of the game matter. The reason bitcoins went to $2 is because of crime, corruption, dishonesty, and injustice.  It was just too hard to secure coins without worrying about inadvertently downloading a virus or being hacked. Even Google ads carry virii now. It's sad. Once you get a virus that was designed to steal bitcoins, it only takes a nanosecond to lose everything. You can say "Hey don't get a virus" but that is unrealistic because the virus removal business pretty huge which is proof the majority of people get them and proof the majority of hackers are writing code to keep them in business. Personally, I still get viruses despite my best efforts. Hell, even the US Chamber of Commerce has been hacked by China according to an article dated December 22, 2011: (http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/united-states/us-chamber-of-commerce-hacked-by-china-162233.html).
To say that bitcoins should survive solely because it hasn't been hacked yet.... keyword YET....is not a safe prognosis. We have to have a plan B for WHEN, not IF, it is going to be hacked.

In conclusion, I think it should have died because the internet is still too wild too tame and there is no governing force or trust within the vendors.

On the other hand, I think it should SURVIVE because the value of currency lead by the world's governments is being manipulated and it should die, too, at the hands of untrustworthy vendors and lack of a government to govern the government.

Oh,,, the irony about your user name. !

When you're old enough to have balls hair, you might know a thing or two ... i hope.

Tips gladly accepted: 1LPaxHPvpzN3FbaGBaZShov3EFafxJDG42
GeniuSxBoY

View Profile
January 01, 2012, 03:12:01 AM

When you're old enough to have balls hair, you might know a thing or two ... i hope.

Nothing like correlating age to ball hair to intelligence to prove you know something you don't know.

That said, I'm glad to be back on the forums Grin

Be humble!
plastic.elastic

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 01, 2012, 03:49:06 AM

Nothing like correlating age to ball hair to intelligence to prove you know something you don't know.

That said, I'm glad to be back on the forums Grin

Thats why i said "i hope"

Do you want me to say "you're hopeless" ?

LOL at your thoughts on bitcoin dying.

Tips gladly accepted: 1LPaxHPvpzN3FbaGBaZShov3EFafxJDG42
SlaveInDebt

Activity: 699

Your Minion

View Profile
January 01, 2012, 05:24:24 AM

BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY

That is all.

BTW sell on 1/24/12.

"A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining, but wants it back the minute it begins to rain." - Mark Twain
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: