Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:06:42 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are Litecoin supporters so unfriendly towards other Cryptos?  (Read 1065 times)
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 02:40:58 PM

You can't really call Litecoin that, since it pretty much copied bitcoin and i remember that Litecoins community was in a similar position getting bashed and hating on a lot by Bitcoiners, so it knows how it feels and yet it tries to do the same with other Cryptos who try breaking barriers and discovering new areas which it actually shouldn't, but hey there is money involved

Bitcoiners were the first. They parceled out their freshly discovered new world and set up their barriers, then the first altcoiners came alone and broke those barriers and went somewhat deeper into the white patches on the map, then they made their own camps and setup their own fences, but there is a constant flow of late/new comers who also want a place under the sun and don't really care about the now settled people's interests. At this moment we are sitting on the borderlands and even this place getting overcrowded. Getting overcrowded always means tensions, fights and crimes. I think the next breakthrough is imminent, just take a look at e.g. NXT and eMu. Hey man! This is what we are doing since 1000000 BC, and this is why you holding an iPhone in your hands today instead of a sharp stone Smiley!
reRaise (OP)

Activity: 868

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 02:44:47 PM

You can't really call Litecoin that, since it pretty much copied bitcoin and i remember that Litecoins community was in a similar position getting bashed and hating on a lot by Bitcoiners, so it knows how it feels and yet it tries to do the same with other Cryptos who try breaking barriers and discovering new areas which it actually shouldn't, but hey there is money involved

Bitcoiners were the first. They parceled out their freshly discovered new world and set up their barriers, then the first altcoiners came alone and broke those barriers and went somewhat deeper into the white patches on the map, then they made their own camps and setup their own fences, but there is a constant flow of late/new comers who also want a place under the sun and don't really care about the now settled people's interests. At this moment we are sitting on the borderlands and even this place getting overcrowded. Getting overcrowded always means tensions, fights and crimes. I think the next breakthrough is imminent, just take a look at e.g. NXT and eMu. Hey man! This is what we are doing since 1000000 BC, and this is why you holding an iPhone in your hands today instead of a sharp stone Smiley!

+1, but we need more looooove in this place, we all deserve to make money in this and should back each other up. We all escaped the damned system where making decent money for regular people is almost impossible and came here to make our life change and earn some good money, we are all in the same boat bro  Tongue
Vivisector999

Activity: 541
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 03:03:23 PM

I don't think Litecoin supporters are unfriendly towards other cryptos in general.  I think they/we are just wanting the trend of 10 cryptos a day being released to end, and get back to a few bigger ones so that we can go back to the days where you could make some money and people worked towards building a coin, and had a sense of a coins community. 

Right now, everyone is jumping from coin to coin, mining and dumping as soon as it hits the market, then that coin crashes, and they jump to the next one.  There is no longer money or community left, and if you look at the majority of coin prices you see a huge downwards trend because of the current market. 

I think the majority of Litecoin supporters support new coins with innovation, but 98% of the coins being released each day are created by coingen, or some other cloning service, which are pumped and then dumped.  The new trend for Country based coins are seen as just a marketing gimmick.

Check out AC3  @ https://ac3.io/
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 03:21:26 PM

+1, but we need more looooove in this place, we all deserve to make money in this and should back each other up. We all escaped the damned system where making decent money for regular people is almost impossible and came here to make our life change and earn some good money, we are all in the same boat bro  Tongue

Yes we are, but this is more like an overcrowded raft tied to the BTC boat and we have a bunch of mostly unknown scoundrels on board as well, so I wouldn't expect too munch love in this rush Smiley.

@Vivisector999

Get some popcorn, a comfortable chair and wait for the 15th of April (deadline for the Chinese bitcoin ban) and you might see even more interesting things Smiley.

lamontweaver

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 04:18:20 PM

Litecoin is the number two behind Bitcoin only because its always been number two, not for any reason. Litecoin holders know there's no there there, no reason Litecoin should be number two. They hate innovation in other altcoins because it threatens their position.

I find it interesting that Litecoin developer Charles Lee is talking about merged mining of Litecoin and Dogecoin. He knows Litecoin needs something to maintain its position.

Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 04:56:16 PM

Of all coins and all communities to attack, you're going to pick Litecoin?

Please stop trying to mislead people.

Because they talk the most crap on other cryptos, same goes for bitcoin community. Once they reach the top they think they can say anything they want. Hating on other coins is easier when you support bitcoin or litecoin, which is just a bitch move.

"I'm the king of the mountain now, all will bow to me."

Jeez...sometimes, it's hard not to be cynical about the whole scene. The seamier side of human nature reveals itself again.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 05:04:17 PM

They know if they have less to offer than similar cryptos like dogecoin.

omg that made me rofl soooooo hard ..i think you have comment of 2014 so far LOLOLOL
comment of 2013 was when some little brat mouthed me off on IRC about how i was just a hater and Doge was so great that..
"Litecoin was a scrypt clone of Doge coin"

i screen capped the little douche that said that and laughed at him soooooo hard (i deleted the pic though, damn i should have kept it)

Doge coin fanboys are just WOW much WOW.. VERY WOW.. suuuuuuch WOW lol

Yep, that's a joke well worth spreading around. But, from the philosophical point of view, it's what the crypto world will get once it makes inroads into the mainstream.

Fanbois can be annoying, 'tis true, but at least they're in the crypto tent. Contrast them to the FUDruckers who think that Bitcoin was invented by drug dealers or tax evaders, or some such. Those people, most likely, have never heard of any altcoin. They get their FUD from MSM sensationalism. So, there's a lot more of them than people browned off from altcoins: the reach of the MSM guarantees it.

Strangely, the goldbugs are some of the most vicious FUDruckers. 

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: