Bitcoin Forum
July 28, 2024, 04:32:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC mining worth it? KnC Neptune  (Read 575 times)
susp3kt (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 12:50:08 PM

Is it it profitable to mine? What do you guys think about the new knc neptune?
techgeek

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 02:47:45 PM

Its all based on the price you buy and the performance which hardware you purchase.

Then factoring the days if the product is delayed or on time to mine with.

Chrithu

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 03:08:17 PM

As my preposter said: It really depends on the price and performance of the mining hardware.

Most Important variables are power consumption of the hardware and Number of Hashes per second the hardware can calculate. As far as I know in that department ASIC driven machines are unbeatable.

Followed by that comes the initial price for getting the hardware. I am nowhere near an expert on manufacturing but a lot of the hardware designs can actually be found here in the forums and even with some shallow research into the prices of the raw chips and some research about the prices of other components needed to manufacture ASIC mining rigs you can see that a good 60% of the stuff thrown around here seems to be quite overpriced.

So the tricky part actually starts before the actual mining and that is to find the cheapest hardware with the most calculating power.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: