Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:22:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: China Ban Bitcoin my a$$.....  (Read 1490 times)
S4VV4S (OP)

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 01:38:53 PM

http://www.coindesk.com/cryptex-bitcoin-debit-card-works-90-us-atms/

What else can I say  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

dafar consulting

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 01:46:03 PM

This article is about Hong Kong, the laws in HK are not the same as the rest of China.

edit-- just read all of it, the debit card is definitely a good development

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
windpath
Legendary

Activity: 1258
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 01:48:24 PM

I saw this yesterday, I think its awesome.

You can bet if they are successful on the UnionPay/Discover platform others will follow...

Here is a survey I put together for sentiment about the China/IRS stuff coming down on the 14th:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/3JCCVP7

Up to 283 responses, you can see the current results after you submit, will share all the data after it closes on the 13th Wink
S4VV4S (OP)

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 01:52:02 PM

You can bet if they are successful on the UnionPay/Discover platform others will follow...

Here is a survey I put together for sentiment about the China/IRS stuff coming down on the 14th:

Up to 283 responses, you can see the current results after you submit, will share all the data after it closes on the 13th Wink

I voted on your survey for 600-700$
Right now I belong to the small majority but something tells me things will change before the 14th.
Cryptogirl82

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 01:54:55 PM

Right now I belong to the small majority but something tells me things will change before the 14th.

yeah BTC will go down below 300$

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
windpath
Legendary

Activity: 1258
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 01:59:05 PM

This was just a fun experiment, but its interesting to see the data...

So far 5.28% agree with you that it will be between $6-700, meanwhile 6.69% think it will be over $1,000 and 3.17% think under $100. Over half (55.63%) are in the $4-$600 range...

btcpay86

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

全球O2O消费商

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 02:12:17 PM

Because the government does not understand Bitcoin, so response is slow. The government is afraid of doing something wrong, so also more conservative.

1. Jeunesse, Redefining YOUTH.  婕斯,重新定义年轻。| 该生病而不生病,该老化却很年轻,正是婕斯“沛泉菁华”的奥秘所在。
    为了大家实现财务自由的梦想,敬请关注婕斯全球直销网站: http://haccp.jeunesseglobal.com
2. 捐赠 Donations:  BTC - 12QSDXfUq6B2ywer8xJeQYbiV7A7E8yB3H
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 02:15:40 PM

Because the government does not understand Bitcoin, so response is slow. The government is afraid of doing something wrong, so also more conservative.

+1
Yes. and what is wrong with that? China is not out to crush bitcoin, they just are afraid of hurting their economy. Those who know the story of QQ money in China know where they are coming from.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 02:16:46 PM

This is a good development. At least the people from mainland China can purchase Bitcoins without much legal hassle, if they are ready to travel to Hong Kong. Let's see what the PBOC is going to do about this.
bitcerto

Activity: 151

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 02:21:24 PM

I doubt any government is going to embrace Bitcoin. It's the people who need to embrace it. We're talking about a currency that entirely bypasses the strict and rigid systems China (and other governments) have setup to control their currency. As individual adoption starts thriving, then the governments will do something to earn tax revenue from it (probably by taxing exchanges heavily).

Point is, don't hold your breath for major government adoption. My only hope is for adoption in developing countries where there is no stable currency. That's what will be most powerful in the long run. Lao and Cambodia both have a population with access to the internet and smartphones, yet their economy is a mix of THB/USD and their local unstable currency.
5thStreetResearch

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 02:30:22 PM

Hong Kong is not China.  Well, it is, but it isn't.  They have their own government.  They are a special administrative region of China, just like Macau.

jeanpaul

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 03:12:30 PM

Hong Kong is not China.  Well, it is, but it isn't.  They have their own government.  They are a special administrative region of China, just like Macau.

Hong Kong is not ChinaHong Kong is not ChinaHong Kong is not ChinaHong Kong is not ChinaHong Kong is not ChinaHong Kong is not ChinaHong Kong is not ChinaHong Kong is not ChinaHong Kong is not ChinaHong Kong is not ChinaHong Kong is not ChinaHong Kong is not ChinaHong Kong is not China
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 03:17:10 PM

Hong Kong is not China. But Mainland Chinese can travel to Hong Kong and indulge in Bitcoin trading without any restrictions. That is the entire point. There is nothing that the Chinese government can do here.
Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330

dafar consulting

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 04:17:51 PM

Hong Kong is not China. But Mainland Chinese can travel to Hong Kong and indulge in Bitcoin trading without any restrictions. That is the entire point. There is nothing that the Chinese government can do here.

People from mainland China need a visa to get into HK.... not that it's a hard visa to get but it's not as simple as driving down a few miles to another town.

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 04:32:28 PM

Yes well China is strange place but you must agree that  they love bitcoin and people of china will figure it out somehow. :-)
innocent93
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 05:31:58 PM

Even the people of China don't know wheather the government will ban bitcoin , what we can do is waiting.
and the truth will come out in the wash in 4/15
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 05:40:50 PM

People from mainland China need a visa to get into HK.... not that it's a hard visa to get but it's not as simple as driving down a few miles to another town.

$hit! I thought that travelling from mainland China to HK was way simpler. Anyway, good for the Hing Kong people.
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 06:24:56 PM

I followed the link in the article to Cryptex. Unfortunately, Firefox indicated a problem with the certificate of the site.

What does this mean? I don't know. But it would seem odd for a financial site to overlook the certificate authority issues.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 06:35:52 PM

Even the people of China don't know wheather the government will ban bitcoin , what we can do is waiting.
and the truth will come out in the wash in 4/15

Yes well. I hope indeed that 15th of April 2014 will be a day of bitcoin :-) a good day for China crypto market.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 08:18:17 PM

OMG!!! I just saw this.

China is no longer hoarding US Dollars!!!11!!

http://www.activistpost.com/2013/11/china-announces-that-it-is-going-to.html

Better throw your worthless dollars away now or you will be left holding the bag, Suckers!

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: