Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 09:07:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Stolen coins at Ypool.  (Read 911 times)
atc1 (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 02:17:31 PM

My hard-earned PTS and RIC have been stolen from my account by a user called dpota2, by cointransferring them to his own account. I was shocked to see that all my coins were gone  Cry

I've contacted support,but is it possible for them to give the coins back?

BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 02:49:42 PM

My hard-earned PTS and RIC have been stolen from my account by a user called dpota2, by cointransferring them to his own account. I was shocked to see that all my coins were gone  Cry

What are PTS and RIC ?

atc1 (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 03:36:44 PM

What are PTS and RIC ?

Protoshares and Riecoin. 

Flashman

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Hodl!

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 04:17:29 PM

I would imagine that if the coins are still on the pool, support can do something, and ban malicious users.

IF they've already "left the building" then ban is all they can do.... unless they 'fess up to it being a problem their end which allowed it, and reimburse you.

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
jh00

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 12:27:39 AM

Once the coins left ypool there is not much that can be done. But in this case you were lucky and he still had the coins on his pool balance. Therefore I have transferred the coins back to your account.
Please change your password immediately if you haven't done so already. Make sure you set it to something that you don't use on any other website and that can't easily be guessed.

I'd like to remind everyone that we have quite an extensive security system setup on ypool. If you set a secret question and/or 2step authentication it becomes impossible for someone to steal coins even if he has full access to your account.

Best regards,
jh00 from ypool.net
meawleir21

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 05:18:19 AM

I am not sure about Ypool but if they haven't been used yet "withdrawn" and you could convince them it's an authorized access attempt maybe they can take them back from his account.

Edit: oops see the post above this post.
atc1 (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 09:34:07 AM

Once the coins left ypool there is not much that can be done. But in this case you were lucky and he still had the coins on his pool balance. Therefore I have transferred the coins back to your account.
Please change your password immediately if you haven't done so already. Make sure you set it to something that you don't use on any other website and that can't easily be guessed.

I'd like to remind everyone that we have quite an extensive security system setup on ypool. If you set a secret question and/or 2step authentication it becomes impossible for someone to steal coins even if he has full access to your account.

Best regards,
jh00 from ypool.net

Thanks a lot! Ypool has reimbursed the coins!  Grin

Loophole

Activity: 619

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 02:34:02 PM

Best regards,
jh00 from ypool.net

Thanks a lot! Ypool has reimbursed the coins!  Grin

Good to hear that. Congrats Smiley

havanabob

Activity: 88

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 02:38:21 PM

What are PTS and RIC ?

Protoshares and Riecoin. 
Jesus... How many altcoins are there?..
Loophole

Activity: 619

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 02:44:23 PM

What are PTS and RIC ?

Protoshares and Riecoin. 

Some say a few hundred, some say a thousand, some don't even care. Wink

havanabob

Activity: 88

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 02:47:08 PM

What are PTS and RIC ?

Protoshares and Riecoin. 

Is there any kind of website that sums it up? With or without some kind of graph.

Activity: 77

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 10:09:24 PM

What are PTS and RIC ?

Protoshares and Riecoin. 

Is there any kind of website that sums it up? With or without some kind of graph.

Coinwarz.com? Coinmarketcap.com?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: