Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:05:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: "I guarantee there will be another Bitcoin price bubble"  (Read 3934 times)
fonzie

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 07:27:40 PM

I guarantee that Dogecoin will decrease way less than Bitcoin will do.
Wall Street investors told me that they will rescue doge first if Bitcoin fails, no hoax.

"To know death, Otto, you have to fuck life in the gallbladder"
www.hsbc.com  - The world´s local bank
"These FUDsters are insane egomaniacs that just want cheap BTC" - oblivi
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 07:31:42 PM

Ask a random person how to buy bitcoin.  They will not have a clue.  It will probably be frightening to them.  It's just too hard.  Proliferating ATMs would help a lot.  Getting it in 7-11 or RedBox would help a lot.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1013

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 07:35:25 PM

Ask a random person how to buy bitcoin.  They will not have a clue.  It will probably be frightening to them.  It's just too hard.  Proliferating ATMs would help a lot.  Getting it in 7-11 or RedBox would help a lot.

Good point. I wonder why it has taken so long to spread bitcoin ATMs all over the world. Like WTF so many dudes here have a lot of bitcoins and they want to get even more rich but everyone just sits and waits for the price to boost. Instead, the ones with a lot of coins should accelerate the adoption rate. Max Keiser said he has 10k bitcoins. Why doesn't he buy like 10 bitcoin ATMs, spread them all over the world and help bitcoin to succeed?

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
IIOII
Legendary

Activity: 1153
Merit: 1012

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 07:54:14 PM

I'm sure there will be another bubble with or without the wallstreet guys...

However it's sad to see Bitcoin reduced to the speculation/investment aspect. Longterm, Bitcoin can only succeed if it is used in mainstream. And there is a lot of work to do to accomplish that...
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 08:31:35 PM

Come on, it's not hard. Not even the first time, all you need is a location. Make an account on this exchange, send money, click the button to convert it to bitcoin, done. Optionally transfer it to a local wallet, which anyone who knows how to email can learn in minutes. The real hurdle is that first step to deciding to look into it.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
bitcoinsrus

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 10:01:12 PM

Come on, it's not hard. Not even the first time, all you need is a location. Make an account on this exchange, send money, click the button to convert it to bitcoin, done. Optionally transfer it to a local wallet, which anyone who knows how to email can learn in minutes. The real hurdle is that first step to deciding to look into it.

Theres an app for that Wink

elux
Legendary

Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 10:06:51 PM

$1000M dollar is nothing, do you realize that right?

If you want another bitcoin bubble you need another $20 Billion+

Heh. Heheh. Uhm, no. $20 Million more like.

What you need is a sane way to invest serious money.

And that's it. The money will follow.
andyatcrux
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 12:02:45 AM

Good point. I wonder why it has taken so long to spread bitcoin ATMs all over the world. Like WTF so many dudes here have a lot of bitcoins and they want to get even more rich but everyone just sits and waits for the price to boost. Instead, the ones with a lot of coins should accelerate the adoption rate. Max Keiser said he has 10k bitcoins. Why doesn't he buy like 10 bitcoin ATMs, spread them all over the world and help bitcoin to succeed?

Ummm, IDK, maybe the being a douchebag has something to do with it.
snarlpill

Activity: 910
Merit: 530

$5 24k Gold FREE 4 sign-up! Mene.com/invite/h5ZRRP

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2014, 04:27:51 AM

I guarantee that Dogecoin will decrease way less than Bitcoin will do.
Wall Street investors told me that they will rescue doge first if Bitcoin fails, no hoax.

Neither of you can guarantee anything, though personally I sure feel like BTC now is priced much lower than its future worth. I am definitely bullish on it and have faith in the network/community as a whole. I really do hope there is another long journey upwards in price, maybe that would finally shut everyone up who has said that Bitcoin is just a massive Ponzi scheme in itself.

Can't tell if serious or trolling about what you said with Wall Street investors and Dogecoin...
I could kind of justify it making sense in some kind of fucked up way in my head.

Siegfried

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 05:05:41 AM

Barry Silbert, creator of SecondMarket, said at the Inside Bitcoin conference that he guarantees there will be another Bitcoin price bubble. He argues that 500-1000M$ is ready to be invested by Wall Street and they are waiting for institutional level infrastructure.

Source: Reddit/Twitter

So.. what do you think?

$1000M dollar is nothing, do you realize that right?

If you want another bitcoin bubble you need another $20 Billion+

Purchases of Bitcoin totaling 20 billion dollars would take the price well into the five-digit range. A lot less than that will be sufficient to cause a new bubble.
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 05:09:09 AM

Barry Silbert, creator of SecondMarket, said at the Inside Bitcoin conference that he guarantees there will be another Bitcoin price bubble. He argues that 500-1000M$ is ready to be invested by Wall Street and they are waiting for institutional level infrastructure.

Source: Reddit/Twitter

So.. what do you think?

Sounds a bit extreme for the short min term but I can see that Wall Street would be interested in this market once it matures

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Siegfried

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 05:09:43 AM

It will not even require average people buying Bitcoin to give rise to another massive bubble. If only 1 percent of the U.S. population (3 million people) decide to invest an average of only 100 dollars each, the price will almost certainly rise to several thousand dollars.
Light

Activity: 742
Merit: 502

Circa 2010

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 05:17:08 AM

It will not even require average people buying Bitcoin to give rise to another massive bubble. If only 1 percent of the U.S. population (3 million people) decide to invest an average of only 100 dollars each, the price will almost certainly rise to several thousand dollars.

The problem is convincing people that it's worth investing in, rather than simply another electronic currency which they don't care about. You'd need adoption from a major corporation before you'd see consumers interested in using it as a payment option - as right now it's all just price speculation from people who are 'investing' rather than trying to use it as a means of payment.
Siegfried

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 05:21:05 AM

The problem is convincing people that it's worth investing in, rather than simply another electronic currency which they don't care about. You'd need adoption from a major corporation before you'd see consumers interested in using it as a payment option - as right now it's all just price speculation from people who are 'investing' rather than trying to use it as a means of payment.

I would prefer to call it an opportunity.
Jeezy911

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 05:24:18 AM

Could it be that the amount of new money coming in is lower than the amount for coins mined? Na "insert overly complicated evaluation here"

koryu

Activity: 681
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 09:09:55 AM

i have talked to friend about bitcoin. he is investment banker. he said, that bitcoin is not really interesting for him and banks wont join yet. the volume is simply too low for the big money.

imagine that 100million usd is peanuts for wallstreet. if they would pump money into bitcoin, the price would explode short term but they would have trouble to sell at a profit because the volumes are too low.
so i agree with my friend, i think its too early for wall street.

what do you think about this?
Asrael999

Activity: 703

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 09:29:53 AM

What he actually said was that he had had serious enquiry from 10 plus firms looking at putting money into bitcoin - and these are firms who do not look at things unless they can invest $50mm, so call it $500,000,000 of interest, so at $450 a coin, approx 1 million coins , or 8% of current outstanding, approximately twice the traded float.
In terms of new coin supply assuming price stability, that's 20 difficulty periods worth of coin , or approximately all the coins that will be mined this year from now.
Asrael999

Activity: 703

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 09:39:36 AM

i have talked to friend about bitcoin. he is investment banker. he said, that bitcoin is not really interesting for him and banks wont join yet. the volume is simply too low for the big money.

imagine that 100million usd is peanuts for wallstreet. if they would pump money into bitcoin, the price would explode short term but they would have trouble to sell at a profit because the volumes are too low.

Wall Street is a very diverse environment with lots of different types of investors with different risk appetite and different return requirements. For the vast majority of wall street Bitcoin is not a proposition in the short term, for a small minority it is very much on their radar screen - that is why bitpay, circle, coinbase etc are able to source venture capital.  Most of Wall Street is far more likely in the short term to invest in things it understands, things with dividends and cashflows, ie corporates than it is in buying a bitcoin or lots of them - but others will see that bitcoin offers other things.
Bitcoin is an option like play in the financial world, and it is not particularly correlated with stocks and bonds - thus it offers diversification - wall street likes diversification.
The IRS tax ruling is a positive - it delivers some certainty- Wall Street likes certainty and hates uncertainty
Bitcoin maturing and engaging with regulators is a positive - Wall Street does not want to get arrested for investing in bitcoin or bitcoin startups, they also want to IPO those startups they won't be able to do that without a regulatory environment.
Barry Silberts industrial level exchange will be a positive - Wall Street is not going to buy coins on BitStamp unless Bitstamp relocate to London or NY.

Things are going in the right direction for Wall Street to have more involvement in bitcoin or crypto currency, but you will have to be more patient that this forum is generally wont to be.

Cassius
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2014, 10:05:34 AM

Wall Street is a very diverse environment with lots of different types of investors with different risk appetite and different return requirements. For the vast majority of wall street Bitcoin is not a proposition in the short term, for a small minority it is very much on their radar screen - that is why bitpay, circle, coinbase etc are able to source venture capital.  Most of Wall Street is far more likely in the short term to invest in things it understands, things with dividends and cashflows, ie corporates than it is in buying a bitcoin or lots of them - but others will see that bitcoin offers other things.
Bitcoin is an option like play in the financial world, and it is not particularly correlated with stocks and bonds - thus it offers diversification - wall street likes diversification.
The IRS tax ruling is a positive - it delivers some certainty- Wall Street likes certainty and hates uncertainty
Bitcoin maturing and engaging with regulators is a positive - Wall Street does not want to get arrested for investing in bitcoin or bitcoin startups, they also want to IPO those startups they won't be able to do that without a regulatory environment.
Barry Silberts industrial level exchange will be a positive - Wall Street is not going to buy coins on BitStamp unless Bitstamp relocate to London or NY.

Things are going in the right direction for Wall Street to have more involvement in bitcoin or crypto currency, but you will have to be more patient that this forum is generally wont to be.

Bitstamp is in London, sort of. It's just their bank that's Slovenian.
Are you saying people on this forum are impati- HEY! We broke $453!!! CHOO CHOO!!
koryu

Activity: 681
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 10:18:14 AM

well said. i agree with all of these points. some of wall street would like to invest in bitcoin and already do it right now. but it wont be the big money yet. its also mainly about start ups and infrastructure.

til wallstreet buys bitcoins in high amounts its still a long way. as far as i know, second market currently holds around 100.000 btc (~50m usd). so its way too less to buy large amounts of btc there atm (talking about 200.000btc+//100m usd).

overall its a positiv development but we are still in an early phase.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: