Bitcoin Forum
August 18, 2024, 02:24:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Simcoin/OP NxtChg is a SCAM/SCAMMER- READ THIS  (Read 1286 times)
Polycoin (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 03:00:03 PM
Last edit: April 08, 2014, 08:33:13 PM by Polycoin

Scroll down(this is his original post) and you'll see that they plan to take 20% of the total coins for themselves(the develoeprs).
20% of 1billion is 200million
The devs will have 200million coins, obviously so they can pump and dump to gain a huge profit.
DO NOT BUY SIMCOIN, UNLESS YOU LIKE GETTING SCAMMED.[/color]

**The devs have also deleted any posts revealing their scam since their thread is self moderated!, 3 of mine were deleted as were others who pointed his Scam out!**

**Dev also refuses to use an escrow for his IPO! He says it's too "bothersome" and that you just have to "trust" him, yea trust him as he runs away with your money just like that guy in stackcoin did!!AGAIN DO NOT SEND ANYTHING TO SIMCOIN DEV, NXTCHG.COM!!!!!**

Looking at the second generation cryptocurrencies, they seem to be locked in a race to develop more and more advanced and complicated features, like distributed exchange, Turing-complete scripts, etc., while we haven't mastered our core feature yet: transactions.

That's why I want to build upon ideas from Bitcoin, Ripple and NXT and create a simple coin with the goal of not adding more and more confusing features, but rather focusing on three S'es:

It will not be a clone of anything, but written completely from scratch.

("simcoin" is a temporary name and can be re-branded later).

----

As some of you know, I was the most vocal in NXT community about lack of checksums and helped develop Reed-Solomon protected addresses, which are yet to be implemented in NXT. Well, in Simcoin they will be there from the start and will be shorter - 12 characters instead of 17 (while providing the same level of protection):

JOHN-DEAN-3J4S
or
FLOWERS-563KT

Because addresses are so short, there will be a built-in vanity generator in the client from the start.

There will be paranoid checksums on all levels of the system. There will be built-in strong passphrase generator and key-strengthening algorithm, as well as the ability to save passphrase as an encrypted wallet.

There will be no "darkNXT", i.e. no ability to send money to an arbitrary address and lose it. There will be no genesis account where you can send money to destroy it. There will be no reduced security for new addresses as in NXT.

There will be some form of account control to prevent big losses in case the passphrase is compromised and also to simulate multisig transactions. There will be assistance for cold wallets in the client from the start too.

For crypto, Ed25519 will be used, which is more logical choice compared to Curve25519 in NXT. Protection from 51% attack is done via PoS.

The server will be written in C++ with minimal dependencies and UDP as main network protocol. Database format will be as compact as possible to help with "blockchain bloat". From the start the transaction history can be arbitrary truncated or even turned off completely!

All clients will be "thin" clients, they won’t have to download the whole database and only cache what's relevant to you.

In NXT and Bitcoin the best way to handle customer deposits is to generate unique addresses for them. This increases the size of the database. In Simcoin transactions will be done similar to Ripple - with a short text field where you can put some special code to link this deposit to your account. Or you can register with your address as a username, which is possible because they are so short and mnemonic.

There will be ability to send messages, similar to NXT Arbitrary Messages, but it will be done right: there will be a type tag and all messages will be automatically and transparently encrypted. In fact, ALL traffic will be automatically encrypted to help with privacy, security and to make it harder for governments to filter our packets.

----

Since I've already developed an exchange (former NxtChg.com), I got this covered from the start. And there will be no trading fees.

There will be no mining, but instead all server owners will receive constant rewards for running their nodes.

I also will not repeat the same mistake BCNext did: he abandoned his creation to an idealistic vision of completely distributed and "headless" development. It was sad to see great ideas of NXT disintegrate like this. Instead, the source code will remain closed until my vision is implemented exactly as I planned it to be. I might be wrong in some decisions, but at least I will be coherent.

Transaction Speed

Transaction speed will be a priority. The goal is ambitious: to achieve <1 sec confirmation. Complete confirmation, no backsies. Either your transaction is confirmed and engraved in stone in less than 1 second, or it will be rejected and you will have to try it later.

I believe it is possible. Here's a network simulation video:

You can download the simulator and play with various settings in the ini-file if you are Ok with an exe file.

IPO

There will be total 1 billion simcoins.

We split it like this:
  • 40% main auction IPO
  • 20% distributed, probably via worldcommunitygrid as well as bounties and giveaways. Probably put under community's control via committees, similar to NXT.
  • 20% distributed as rewards for server runners over the years to support the network
  • 20% left as developers reserve

To participate, go here:

https://simcoin.info/ipo/

create an account and deposit your bitcoins. You will get your share, proportional to your stake relative to all other deposits. I.e., if only 2 people deposit, each 0.1 BTC, they will get 200 million each. If they deposit 0.2+0.1, they will get 267 and 133 million respectively.

All deposits are non-refundable because they will be used to cover development costs, so think carefully.

The end date for the IPO will not be announced to prevent last minute deposits. It will just end one day without any warning.

Progress

• crypto code (90%)
  • network code (50%)
  • native Windows client (0%)
  • exchange (90%)
  • initial servers setup (0%)
  • web client with JS signing (0%)
  • forum + wiki (0%)

So, if you want to help create such a coin - join me. You will have to suffer my dictatorship for the course of initial development Smiley but once it's open source I will relinquish control to the community.

Do you have any suggestions or ideas? I'd love to hear them.

Polycoin Troopers, Assemble!
The One
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 05:11:42 PM

Yeah

I wrote this and was deleted.

Oh dear.

typical blah blah blah

with more blah blah blah

and many more blah blah blah

then we get this.....

We split it like this:

IPO

There will be total 1 billion simcoins.

40% main auction IPO (400M)
20% distributed, probably via worldcommunitygrid as well as bounties and giveaways. Probably put under community's control via committees, similar to NXT. (200m)
20% distributed as rewards for server runners over the years to support the network (200m)
20% left as developers reserve (200m)

So the scammers hopes to steal loads of BTC by selling 400m coins in an auction? An auction is suppose to have 1 winner???....but still 200m for bounties and giveaways hence why would anyone buy when those who get it free will dump and depress the price. Then 200m rewards for those supporting the network and what happens when the 200m runs out???....who is going to support the network? Then the final scam whammy is the developers, sorry scammers, will keep 200m coins to dump and if they get 10 satoshi on average that would be another 20 BTC for themselves on top of the IPO, assuming they haven't ran off after collecting the IPO.

Those who buy through the IPO stages will be the bagholders and victims of scam.

Don't say i didn't warn any of you numwit.

This is yet again another scam shitcoin.

Beside i have seen this before a few weeks ago, can't quite put my finger on it.

..C..
........What is C?.........
...........ICO            Dec 1st – Dec 30th............
       ............Open            Dec 1st- Dec 30th............
...................ANN thread      Bounty....................

Polycoin (OP)

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 08:30:03 PM

+1, do not buy/get involved with Simcoin. Complete scam, he even refuses to allow Escrow on his thread, because it's too "Bothersome"

Polycoin Troopers, Assemble!
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 08:34:58 PM

+1, do not buy/get involved with Simcoin. Complete scam, he even refuses to allow Escrow on his thread, because it's too "Bothersome"

Nice trust level, BTW.
platorin

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 10:56:44 AM

Most of those present copycoins are scams. I hope this will end some day. There is nothing they can invent that wasn't the bitcoin idea in a first place.
SmithsonJim

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 11:01:53 AM

It doesn't look good when someone with such trust support you xD
blueface

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 04:17:37 PM

you are right Smiley
elcoco

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 04:31:45 PM

Well, if people keep putting money into this shit coins and scams, they will keep popping up, people need be aware of what they're putting their money into. I guess some investors feel they missed the boat on certain coins so they feel they can put money into new coins, but do your research people, dont get scammed.
leetrump

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

hehe

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 08:52:42 AM

I wrote this and was deleted too,shit! Angry
Andy_1900

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 09:00:04 AM

Thanks for your reminding us . Cheesy

Teddy COIN -15%Free+75%IPO,Let's talk about Teddy. TozhxXZzo4KhzeQJ8S2PyAfGLqaMCKGzzS
lihaidong198871

Activity: 532

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 11:06:59 AM

You are right  THANK YOU Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: