Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:37:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Golden rules for newbies pt. 1: “Investing” in cryptocurrencies  (Read 563 times)
quarkfx (OP)

Activity: 396
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 03:24:04 PM

Investing in cryptocurrencies
Don´t speculate, don´t be scared – be creative!

When you listen talks in cryptocurrency forums you often hear the term“investment” referring to freshly bought or mined currency units. I always found that partwise problematic and I think it´s helpul for people who are new to cryptocurrencies to reflect upon what they are doing when they become involved with cryptocurrencies and how they can actually invest in a certain cryptocurrency.

click here to read on

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pandher
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

Stagnation is Death

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 03:29:07 PM

Innovative way to advertise quark
quarkfx (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 03:29:50 PM

Shameless way to advertise quark

Have you even read the article? No? Then maybe read.
pandher
Legendary

Activity: 952

Stagnation is Death

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 03:30:51 PM

Yes,

If you want to become active in the Quark community there are different task forces striving to advance Quarks infrastructure and technology. Look them up and use your skills and talents to advance Quark.

Nothing other than quark on the blog
quarkfx (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 03:32:41 PM

Yes,

If you want to become active in the Quark community there are different task forces striving to advance Quarks infrastructure and technology. Look them up and use your skills and talents to advance Quark.

Should have read more than the last paragraph. The one before your quote is for you:

And don´t waste energy in flaming other cryptocurrencies but rather collaborate to make them a real alternative to fiat money.

Of course the blog is about Quark...doesn´t change the fact that THE ARTICLE concerns ALL crypto. But why am I discussing. You didn´t read the article....so I´m wasting my time here.
reRaise

Activity: 868

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 03:33:58 PM

Yes,

Nothing other than quark on the blog

hehe if you knew who quarkfx is in the community you wouldn't say that. He has been very active and a QuarkLabs member which is focussing on design-promotional material and artwork  Smiley
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 04:41:35 PM

"If you really want to “invest” in a cryptocurrency then the best thing to do is to become an active part of the community, because the community and its infrastructure are the real and lasting values."

This
fernando

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 06:11:18 PM

If we don't get involved and don't get the currency adopted then we are just playing with tulips. Money is worth something because it can be used. It doesn't matter how advanced the algorithm is if nobody will accept your coins.
Zzzack

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 07:49:04 PM

If we don't get involved and don't get the currency adopted then we are just playing with tulips. Money is worth something because it can be used. It doesn't matter how advanced the algorithm is if nobody will accept your coins.

haven't read the article. but the hope for cryptos is that we all use the most advanced coin...

the problem is, that doesn't always happen. VHS vs Betamax is a good example. VHS was more popular, but Betamax would have been much better and more usable.

Producer
fernando

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 09:31:54 AM

haven't read the article. but the hope for cryptos is that we all use the most advanced coin...

the problem is, that doesn't always happen. VHS vs Betamax is a good example. VHS was more popular, but Betamax would have been much better and more usable.

That is true. I didn't want to diminish the importance of the coin being technologically advanced, I was just pointing that the other part is also necessary. In fact I think that the other part is more difficult to achieve because you need more people and assets that are not always under your control (public opinion, regulation, news, merchants...).

BTW, fully agree about video, VHS sucked!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: