Bitcoin Forum
July 18, 2024, 09:31:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: If PREMINE is seen as scam, then what about AFTERMINE?  (Read 537 times)
LTEX (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1023
Merit: 1000

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 03:43:47 PM

Just a quick thought that crossed my mind, what about AFTERMINE?

Over the past couple of months most discussions around alt coins were about the premined and instamined ones and how they all must turn out to be a scam. This made me think about the possibility to do it different in a way the miners might be motivated and the thought of scam could be avoided.

So, why not create a coin (must be technologically possible) that starts fair and is advertised well in advance so pools and miners can setup in a decent and relaxed way, but let them only mine the first 50% in say one year? After that, the last 50% is generated in one block and put into a well prepared trusted account that can distribute the coins to a sensible targeted group? This account can be set up by a group of voted members each overseeing the other. This will also build up suspense around it's release date!

Also, why must coins always be valued by exchange rates? Why not let the coin carry it's value by the way it's used, for instance what if a user that uses it doesn't "pay" for something, but just gets discount on a sale? And why can't some marketing value be the carrier of the rate? So for instance, wallets contain valuable marketing data, like gender, age, location, email. That way stores that for instance accept bitcoin for payment get to give discount trough this coin in exchange of marketingdata? I mean, google gets up to 5$ for a simple and anonymous click! This makes the coins value also a variable, one store might give 0.1 BTC in discount for marketing data (expensive goods) and others only 0.001 (small amounts). It's up to the user to decide where to use them.

Your thoughts?

A fool will just look at the finger, even if it points to paradise!
precrime3

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

PM for journalist,typing,and data entry services.

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 03:47:49 PM

Very interesting, but nothing compares to real-world experience. Lets just see how a coin would work out like this.

iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 03:53:49 PM

And then the miners all disappear and coins never get confirmed

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 03:58:32 PM

a coin with an initial 50% free for all, like faircoin/communitycoin and the other 50% for mining
lemfuture

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 04:02:39 PM

a coin with an initial 50% free for all, like faircoin/communitycoin and the other 50% for mining
isnt stake mining better than rigorous traditional mining(heat)

1ADLcfwTofFXb95pKhebpeRkJ4WTWsvQXB
LTEX (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1023
Merit: 1000

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 04:22:10 PM

And then the miners all disappear and coins never get confirmed
Not if the coins get attached to a different chain after last block? Maybe put it on top of something like Etherium?

Maybe also other possibilities? I just put this thought up to get some feedback and discussion on other possibilities.

My main thought is that after al the altcoins discussions maybe it is time to look at crypto in a different way, ie, no more fiat thinking (even BTC is still transferred to it's USD rate in the back of our minds...)

A fool will just look at the finger, even if it points to paradise!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: