Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:15:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem with GUIMiner, and my Bitcoin wallet.  (Read 5976 times)
jctusmc03 (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2011, 06:39:20 PM

Hi all, I'm having some problems with my GUIMiner, and my wallet.

When opening GUIMiner, the actual application isn't showing for me on my desktop. It says it's running in the taskbar, and I can tell it is because of my video card's fans going more quickly...but it just won't show for me for some reason. I've tried re-installing it and this has done nothing to fix it, I've ever tried updating my video card driver's as well.

As far as my wallet, when trying to open it I keep getting an "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.". I've tried re-installing and this hasn't fixed it either.

As far as my login for my wallet, I believe I may have lost them also as I don't know where the information is stored for them in the directories they are installed in. Is there a certain file in the directory it's installed in that saves this information automatically?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sadpandatech

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 31, 2011, 07:17:55 PM

Hi all, I'm having some problems with my GUIMiner, and my wallet.

When opening GUIMiner, the actual application isn't showing for me on my desktop. It says it's running in the taskbar, and I can tell it is because of my video card's fans going more quickly...but it just won't show for me for some reason. I've tried re-installing it and this has done nothing to fix it, I've ever tried updating my video card driver's as well.

As far as my wallet, when trying to open it I keep getting an "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.". I've tried re-installing and this hasn't fixed it either.

As far as my login for my wallet, I believe I may have lost them also as I don't know where the information is stored for them in the directories they are installed in. Is there a certain file in the directory it's installed in that saves this information automatically?

Not real sure what the wallet issue is offhand.
But for the guiminer issue, make sure Guiminer is not running. Navigate to %appdata%/poclbm (/users/appdata/roaming/poclbm/). (if no pool info to save just delete the file poclbm.ini). Edit the poclbm.ini and remove "window_position": (and the [numbers] after it, including the brackets).
If that does not solve it you can delete the poclbm.ini all together. Make sure to save a copy if you have a bunch of pool info in there. You can always paste the pool data back into the new poclbm.ini that Guiminer creates when you run it again and exit it.

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
sadpandatech

View Profile
December 31, 2011, 07:26:10 PM

For the wallet, have you tried removing all the data left in %appdata%/bitcoin ?  Make sure to backup wallet.dat first of course.'

1. Close down the bitcoin client if it is running.
2. Backup your wallet.dat.

It should  reside in  C:\Users\Yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Bitcoin\wallet.dat
Copy it to a safe location.

3. Wipe out everything in C:\Users\Yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Bitcoin\
4. Copy back wallet.dat to C:\Users\Yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Bitcoin\wallet.dat

5. Attempt to start the bitcoin client again.

Alternatively you can also backup blk0001 and blkindex  and copy them back into the folder along with wallet.dat.  Assuming those arn't the source of the issue, it will save you downloading the blockchain again.

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

jctusmc03 (OP)

View Profile
December 31, 2011, 07:42:16 PM

Okay, that fixed the wallet.

Now, how do I find out what places I was mining with? I'm unsure if it was eligius, or deepbit. Is there a way to find out what service you were working with having the address the payments are coming from?
sadpandatech

View Profile
December 31, 2011, 07:50:36 PM

Okay, that fixed the wallet.

Now, how do I find out what places I was mining with? I'm unsure if it was eligius, or deepbit. Is there a way to find out what service you were working with having the address the payments are coming from?

IF you were using guiminer to mine there, then their info will be in that poclbm.ini file I mentioned.

- GA

jctusmc03 (OP)

View Profile
December 31, 2011, 07:59:57 PM
Last edit: December 31, 2011, 08:13:16 PM by jctusmc03

You were correct, all the information was in there. Thank you for your time m8! I appreciate it.
sadpandatech

View Profile
December 31, 2011, 11:05:48 PM

You were correct, all the information was in there. Thank you for your time m8! I appreciate it.

no problem. Glad to see you got it fixed.

- GA

jctusmc03 (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 02:07:46 AM
Last edit: January 16, 2012, 02:33:26 AM by jctusmc03

I'm having another problem and I don't want to make another thread so I'm just bumping this one. I added another video card to my rig around a week ago and I'm still getting paid the same as I was before adding this secondary video card. I'm using the same email, password, and flags as my other account but my pay should be double and it's not. Anyone have any idea's what could be going on here? Thanks.
sadpandatech

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 01:08:18 PM

I'm having another problem and I don't want to make another thread so I'm just bumping this one. I added another video card to my rig around a week ago and I'm still getting paid the same as I was before adding this secondary video card. I'm using the same email, password, and flags as my other account but my pay should be double and it's not. Anyone have any idea's what could be going on here? Thanks.

How many MH/s were you getting before and after?  It is possible if it is not a lot that the recent difficulty increase offset the additional hash. It will also help to know what pool your at?

cheers

- GA

jctusmc03 (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 02:07:41 PM
Last edit: January 16, 2012, 05:16:54 PM by jctusmc03

In between 370-400mhash/s per card, doubtful it could be the difficulty increase as I've always been paid around the same per day even with difficulty increases and everything.

I'm mining for deepbit too
jctusmc03 (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 11:45:41 PM

Bump, halp!
sadpandatech

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 11:57:30 PM

In between 370-400mhash/s per card, doubtful it could be the difficulty increase as I've always been paid around the same per day even with difficulty increases and everything.

sorry, did not see you added in the deepbit part.  You did make a new worker for the second vid card right?  On Deepbit you can only use one miner(gpu) per miner user/pass. If using the same one for both then it is likely only 1 is truely getting work.

- GA

jctusmc03 (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 12:50:28 AM

sorry, did not see you added in the deepbit part.  You did make a new worker for the second vid card right?  On Deepbit you can only use one miner(gpu) per miner user/pass. If using the same one for both then it is likely only 1 is truely getting work.

Ah, I was not aware of that. No, I hadn't made a 2nd worker, but I've got it all set up now. Thanks m8!
sadpandatech

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 02:05:25 AM

Ah, I was not aware of that. No, I hadn't made a 2nd worker, but I've got it all set up now. Thanks m8!

Cool  rock on, let us know if your eanrings look better tommorow.
cheers

- GA

jctusmc03 (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 01:22:26 AM

Edit: Nvm, cooling problem
sadpandatech

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 01:29:06 AM

I'm getting paid finally for both cards, so that's a plus. But now, one of my cards keeps going from an average of 370 Mhash/s to 260 Mhash/s ever 5-10 seconds or so. I've tried totally uninstalling all video drivers, and re-installing them and this hasn't fixed it. I'm running two 5870's, and they aren't cross fired if that makes a difference. Suggestions?

hmm, may be starving for resources from the computer.. 

Are you using Phoenix in Guiminer?
What are the options you are using for each card in Guiminer? copy and paste the whole line if you can.
What cpu is in your system?
If dual+ core do you have only the last core checked in guiminer?
how much ram does your system have?
what clocks are the vid cards at, gpu MHz/ram MHz?
what Catalyst version are your using?
Do you have the cata drivers installed as video driver only? i.e., without the CCC (Catalyst Control Center)
What windows version? xp, vista, win7? 64 bit?

If I think of more, I'll ask. But this should aim us in a better direction to troubleshoot.

- GA

jctusmc03 (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 01:34:10 AM

I'm getting paid finally for both cards, so that's a plus. But now, one of my cards keeps going from an average of 370 Mhash/s to 260 Mhash/s ever 5-10 seconds or so. I've tried totally uninstalling all video drivers, and re-installing them and this hasn't fixed it. I'm running two 5870's, and they aren't cross fired if that makes a difference. Suggestions?

hmm, may be starving for resources from the computer.. 

Are you using Phoenix in Guiminer?
What are the options you are using for each card in Guiminer? copy and paste the whole line if you can.
What cpu is in your system?
If dual+ core do you have only the last core checked in guiminer?
how much ram does your system have?
what clocks are the vid cards at, gpu MHz/ram MHz?
what Catalyst version are your using?
Do you have the cata drivers installed as video driver only? i.e., without the CCC (Catalyst Control Center)
What windows version? xp, vista, win7? 64 bit?

If I think of more, I'll ask. But this should aim us in a better direction to troubleshoot.

Sorry for the ninja edit, thanks m8! You're on top of these threads aren't you? Haha, it's good there are people like you around here to help clueless nubs like me.
sadpandatech

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 01:38:23 AM

Sorry for the ninja edit, thanks m8! You're on top of these threads aren't you? Haha, it's good there are people like you around here to help clueless nubs like me.

haha, ninjadddd. Always good to find the problem source quickly like that.

I'm just a dude with too much free time that understands how frustrating some of these issue can be. I've probably experienced most of them myself at some point.

cheers

- GA

jctusmc03 (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 01:55:06 AM

haha, ninjadddd. Always good to find the problem source quickly like that.

I'm just a dude with too much free time that understands how frustrating some of these issue can be. I've probably experienced most of them myself at some point.

cheers

I might have you beat on the free time, I literally sit around the house most days unless I'm in physical or cognitive therapies. I was in a high speed motorcycle accident around a year ago which landed me in a coma, and screwed my spinal cord up pretty well. I have to walk with a walker now at 25.

Yeah, some have been pretty frustrating. I'm really glad I made an account here to help me figure out some of these problems, and to try to learn more about it.

Do you by any chance know of a specific thread, or maybe off hand know the best settings in CCC, and GUIminer for 5870s? Currently I'm running both cards at 850mhz GPU clock and I'm having to run 90% fan speed to control the shutting down issue on that one card that kept dropping off every so often. In GUIMiner I'm running the flags "-v -w 128" with all GPU Affinity's checked as I saw those in a thread somewhere on the internet.

Also, I'm going to be upgrading my video cards within the next several months. What are generally considered some of the best performing cards for mining, 7970's?
jctusmc03 (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2012, 11:27:12 PM

New problem, I opened another thread but I'm going to update this too. Hopefully one of them will receive an answer.

My Guiminer keeps crashing upon start. When opening it the little hour glass will pop up and it will show as being open in the task bar but as soon as you go to the taskbar it will just dissapear. I've tried running it as administrator, uninstalling, re-installing, going into appdata and deleting those files
Help?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: