Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:30:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If I started my own nation...  (Read 3454 times)
Kiki112

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 06:42:17 PM

First you start with all these good intentions and then you will gradually abolish them when you have to confront reality... I guess that's what history teaches us.  Sad
You promise a lot of things but offer no explanation how you could keep your promises. If you want me to join your nation, you have to give more thoughtful guidance.
History teaches us nothing.

History teaches us everything

Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
blacksails (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 08:52:46 PM

First you start with all these good intentions and then you will gradually abolish them when you have to confront reality... I guess that's what history teaches us.  Sad
You promise a lot of things but offer no explanation how you could keep your promises. If you want me to join your nation, you have to give more thoughtful guidance.

History teaches us what the winners wants us to think has happened in the past.
Kiki112

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 11:43:18 PM

History teaches us what the winners wants us to think has happened in the past.

if you believe what you learn in school, if you take the books yourself and read sources from the winning side and the opposite side, be objective and you'll know, you'll see

jdun

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 01:07:46 AM

"Hard drugs illegal"? You're just as bad as every other nation who forces sumptuary laws (espeically the rules of Christendom) down on the populace. People should be free to do whatever the hell they want in their own private quarters. If they want to OD on meth, they should be allowed to do that. Don't force "natural selection" to happen, just let it happen.

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ Free Distribution! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=62
blacksails (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 09:34:07 AM

"Hard drugs illegal"? You're just as bad as every other nation who forces sumptuary laws (espeically the rules of Christendom) down on the populace. People should be free to do whatever the hell they want in their own private quarters. If they want to OD on meth, they should be allowed to do that. Don't force "natural selection" to happen, just let it happen.
Well, then they can go live on their own island doing as much meth as they want to. I don't care.
The hard drug rule is because hard drugs are really harmful for you, and they can also make you really dangerous to the other people on the island.
Kiki112

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 10:56:40 AM

Well, then they can go live on their own island doing as much meth as they want to. I don't care.
The hard drug rule is because hard drugs are really harmful for you, and they can also make you really dangerous to the other people on the island.

well, that is true.

we're consirned about the saftey of other islanders Cheesy

dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 02:26:39 PM

Why don't we just spread the word of love and get the entire earth to share?  Free world > quasi free nation.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
dank
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 02:29:53 PM

And it's illogical.  If we obtained world peace through a world of love, your portion would be infinitely bigger than what you can accumulate through a greed based society.

Greed can give you a small portion of the world, but love can give you the entire universe.  Post singularity, humans will have no restraints other than their imagination.

Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
Omikifuse
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 02:39:14 PM

Sure, if the crime rate is 0%..
dank
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 02:59:12 PM

And it's illogical.  If we obtained world peace through a world of love, your portion would be infinitely bigger than what you can accumulate through a greed based society.

Greed can give you a small portion of the world, but love can give you the entire universe.  Post singularity, humans will have no restraints other than their imagination.
If you could only convince the worlds governments we could make it happen.  The governments are the greediest SOB'S on the planet.

Governments only exist if you give them power.  The only have power if we use their financial systems and fear them.  If everyone started sharing as the family we are in unison, governments would lose all power overnight.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 03:16:08 PM

These are the requirements to achieve a 0% crime rate:

1. Strong and efficient police force
2. Harsh punishments such as the 3-strikes law
3. Elimination of corruption
Kiki112

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 03:26:48 PM

If you could only convince the worlds governments we could make it happen.  The governments are the greediest SOB'S on the planet.

Governments only exist if you give them power.  The only have power if we use their financial systems and fear them.  If everyone started sharing as the family we are in unison, governments would lose all power overnight.

they have military forces, we can't take that away unfortunately  Undecided

dank
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 03:36:34 PM

Which are still human.  I'd say your reality is deluded if you think they will just open fire on citizens like robots without a large amount of them turning on their fellow comrades.

You can fight hate with love.

blacksails (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 03:50:40 PM

These are the requirements to achieve a 0% crime rate:

1. Strong and efficient police force
2. Harsh punishments such as the 3-strikes law
3. Elimination of corruption
Another way would be to not have any laws! Smiley

I think none really wants to hurt other humans. The ones that does it does it because they feel forced to do so.
Therefore, convince them that they don't have to do so, and they won't kill.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 04:10:21 PM

I think none really wants to hurt other humans. The ones that does it does it because they feel forced to do so.

Pacifism is a failed idea. I am not falling for it ever again. Crime will happen, no matter how much love and affection you shower upon the would be criminals. Nothing can be done about it.
Kiki112

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 04:33:17 PM

you my friends live in fairytales, that isn't real life

if ordered, they will kill

they do crime even without orders, look at american soldiers which pissed on muslim graves and shot civilians from their aircraft..

what would they do if someone ordered them to kill?

blacksails (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 04:54:06 PM

Pacifism is a failed idea. I am not falling for it ever again. Crime will happen, no matter how much love and affection you shower upon the would be criminals. Nothing can be done about it.
Pacifism is how we should live. And as Ghandi said, "Be the change you want to see". If everyone do their parts the world would be a much nicer place. But thanks to attitudes like your nothing happens, because "there is nothing that can be done about it".

they do crime even without orders, look at american soldiers which pissed on muslim graves and shot civilians from their aircraft..

Yeah, they do that, because those people are assholes. But to be fair, not all soldiers murder because they think it's funny. They do it because it's their "duty". However, if they realize it's not their duty to murder a lot of things would change.
It's well known that during WW2 many soldiers just pretended to fire at the enemy because they didn't want to get blood on their hands.
Sure, drones, it's like a video game, and therefore it makes it a lot easier to kill. So let's just ban drones. Simple as that.
Kiki112

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 11:43:07 PM

Pacifism is how we should live. And as Ghandi said, "Be the change you want to see". If everyone do their parts the world would be a much nicer place. But thanks to attitudes like your nothing happens, because "there is nothing that can be done about it".

Yeah, they do that, because those people are assholes. But to be fair, not all soldiers murder because they think it's funny. They do it because it's their "duty". However, if they realize it's not their duty to murder a lot of things would change.
It's well known that during WW2 many soldiers just pretended to fire at the enemy because they didn't want to get blood on their hands.
Sure, drones, it's like a video game, and therefore it makes it a lot easier to kill. So let's just ban drones. Simple as that.

get it in your head that we can't make them realize

we should own the mass media and make propaganda for years to come

we can't do that

we may be the change we want to see but others won't, you know that the nice guy always gets fucked up..

that's something you learn in life

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 02:42:16 AM

There are a lot of Pacifist communities around the world, such as the Mennonites and the Amish. Just look at their history. They have faced intense persecution wherever they lived, and have been on the run for much of the 19th and 20th centuries. Things have stabilized a bit after they moved in to the US, but remember that the US government is acting as a protector there.
dank
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 02:59:41 AM

I've talked to some soldiers on one occurrence and found quite the contrary.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: