Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 10:51:29 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If I started my own nation...  (Read 3454 times)
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 04:49:37 PM

I wasn't trying to be offensive, but quite a lot of Serbians spam around the web with that kind of lies..

The allegations cut both ways. You will argue that the Serbs are lying. Serbs will argue that you are the one who is lying.
Kiki112

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 04:56:38 PM
Last edit: April 13, 2014, 05:10:06 PM by Kiki112

I wasn't trying to be offensive, but quite a lot of Serbians spam around the web with that kind of lies..

The allegations cut both ways. You will argue that the Serbs are lying. Serbs will argue that you are the one who is lying.

yes, not all Serbs, only the nationalist ones

mostly teenagers, they outgrow that phase usually

the million man myth is mathematicaly impossible because there weren't that many Serbs on our teritorry at all

in 1910. (Triune kingdom)

650 000 Serbs

in 1991. time of the declaration of independence

581 000 Serbs

106 000 declaring themselves as Yugoslavs (probably more then half are ethnic Serbs, the rest mixed nations)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1991_Croatian_census

besides, I'v just found some more relevent population data, this is data from wikipedia

Source, demographics http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serbs_of_Croatia

you can see that the decrease of the Serbian population from 1931. to 1948. so before and after the war is only 90 000

there is no disccusion to be made, relevant Serbian historians and politicians know this data is false, only teenagers claim this myth is true as they don't possess enough information

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2014, 05:21:54 PM

When did this turn into a political thread about Bosnia, Serbia and Croatia?

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Kiki112

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 05:25:55 PM

When did this turn into a political thread about Bosnia, Serbia and Croatia?

when we started talking about war Cheesy

someone claimed no one would invade because of freedom, I said it didn't stop the Serbs, and that's how it escalated Cheesy

sosulon

Activity: 274
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 05:26:40 PM

A typical he says , she says
Kiki112

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 05:27:29 PM

A typical he says , she says

doesn't matter what someone argues, the demographics data can't lie Cheesy

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 06:18:39 PM

I don't want to further hijack the original thread. But most of the people will understand the facts.
yntro

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 06:26:32 PM

No thank you I am pretty comfortable here :DD

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Kiki112

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 06:40:06 PM

I don't want to further hijack the original thread. But most of the people will understand the facts.

I hope so Smiley

blacksails (OP)

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 06:57:10 PM

Okay, now that we're done with this Yugoslavia thing, where do you think it would be a good idea to locate this nation? (Still hypothetically!)
I'm thinking maybe Belize? Small army, nice and cheap islands in the Caribbean, and it's a democracy with no real problems on civil rights.
Do you have any better ideas? Smiley
Kiki112

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 07:06:52 PM

Okay, now that we're done with this Yugoslavia thing, where do you think it would be a good idea to locate this nation? (Still hypothetically!)
I'm thinking maybe Belize? Small army, nice and cheap islands in the Caribbean, and it's a democracy with no real problems on civil rights.

how about Cortes Bank? Cheesy

blacksails (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 07:09:37 PM

Nah, I think it's better to just get a non-submerged island. I guess we'd run into trouble for sure if we started dumping sand and stuff on a submerged island within another nations control, at least if that nation is as organized as the US! Cheesy
Kiki112

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 07:13:02 PM

Nah, I think it's better to just get a non-submerged island. I guess we'd run into trouble for sure if we started dumping sand and stuff on a submerged island within another nations control, at least if that nation is as organized as the US! Cheesy

isn't the EEZ 12 miles?

that means Cortes bank doesn't belong to any country Cheesy

blacksails (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 07:16:16 PM

isn't the EEZ 12 miles?

No, the EEZ is 200 miles! Sad
Otherwise building a new nation would be an option. Only the territorial water is 12 miles.
Kiki112

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 07:27:04 PM

isn't the EEZ 12 miles?

Otherwise building a new nation would be an option. Only the territorial water is 12 miles.

ohhh yeah, god damn it..

Saya del Maha is already taken by bryant.coleman we need to find something new Cheesy

blacksails (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 07:33:37 PM

isn't the EEZ 12 miles?

ohhh yeah, god damn it..

Saya del Maha is already taken by bryant.coleman we need to find something new Cheesy
Or we take an already claimed island and hope for the best! Wink
Kiki112

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 07:37:17 PM

isn't the EEZ 12 miles?

ohhh yeah, god damn it..

so we wait for bryant to build an island and we take it from him? Cheesy

we could do that on the island in Panama we were talking about in bryants thread, or purchase an island in Greece, they might even leave it but I'm not so sure

how do you plan on defending the island?

blacksails (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 07:47:51 PM

isn't the EEZ 12 miles?

ohhh yeah, god damn it..

so we wait for bryant to build an island and we take it from him? Cheesy

we could do that on the island in Panama we were talking about in bryants thread, or purchase an island in Greece, they might even leave it but I'm not so sure

how do you plan on defending the island?
Yeah, let's steal bryants island! (Don't worry bryant, this is purely hypothetical) Grin
We could maybe do it in Panama or Costa Rica since none of them has an army. But remember that the Belizian army is really small, and also the area is heavy influenced from being a british colony until the 90's.

I think we've been over that defense thing a couple of times, I don't really plan to defend it since I don't think they would care much (unless we were actively breaking laws the Belizian government considered really important). Not breaking them could be considered out "defense policy". Smiley
Those laws would probably not even collide with ours.
Kiki112

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 07:49:52 PM

so are we going in this any further?

let's pick an island and make plans how would we make it function and set up defenses if needed Cheesy

blacksails (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 07:52:03 PM

so are we going in this any further?

let's pick an island and make plans how would we make it function and set up defenses if needed Cheesy
First we should probably pick an island and then we could start calculating the costs. We should probably buy the island as well, so we really just occupy our own island.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: